Changing Captain's Circle Levels on B2B

RMM34667

I think I have read in the past of issues receiving your Captain's Circle benefits when your level changes in the middle of a Back to Back Cruise.

I will turn Platinum and my Mom Elite on the second leg of our Royal 5/7 day B2B and just want to set my expectations correctly.

Beside I keep pushing this exciting news on my Mom trying to hype the whole b2b thing. 1 - We don't have to get off the Ship! yay and 2 - all her new perks on cruise two (laundry and laundry).

Can anyone tell of their experiences?

I think I have read in the past of issues receiving your Captain's Circle benefits when your level changes in the middle of a Back to Back Cruise.

I will turn Platinum and my Mom Elite on the second leg of our Royal 5/7 day B2B and just want to set my expectations correctly.

Beside I keep pushing this exciting news on my Mom trying to hype the whole b2b thing. 1 - We don't have to get off the Ship! yay and 2 - all her new perks on cruise two (laundry and laundry).

Can anyone tell of their experiences?

Changes in levels of level occur at the end of a cruise . For instance is turn platinum during the first cruise , you'll get platinum perks second cruise. If you turn platinum during the second cruise you'll receive. They the perks on your next cruise. They don't change your level mid cruise.

Changes in levels of level occur at the end of a cruise . For instance is turn platinum during the first cruise , you'll get platinum perks second cruise. If you turn platinum during the second cruise you'll receive. They the perks on your next cruise. They don't change your level mid cruise.

Cruise 1 is my 5th, her 15th so the second cruise I would be platinum and she elite. That is my understanding anyway!

Those aren't logical bookings; in other words, booking those two cruises as a combined B2B wasn't even possible, so you must have two separate booking numbers. You'll both get moved up the next level at the end of the 10/29 cruise.

Yay!

(You will have to get off the ship, though, just long enough to pass through immigration. See you there!)

Those aren't logical bookings; in other words, booking those two cruises as a combined B2B wasn't even possible, so you must have two separate booking numbers. You'll both get moved up the next level at the end of the 10/29 cruise.

Yay!

(You will have to get off the ship, though, just long enough to pass through immigration. See you there!)

Yes 2 booking numbers. I'll have to change cabins too. Booked both as inside IA GTY - still waiting on cabin assignments.

Can't wait to meet you! Been a follower for two years!

We are turning Elite after the first leg of our B2B2B on the Royal Princess. The Booking Summary on the Cruise Personalizer shows us as Platinum for the first cruise and Elite for the next two. Love seeing that word. :D

Cheers, Denise

We had friends who did a cruise around South America. They booked it as one booking rather than segments. During the cruise they qualified for elite and the Captain's Circle Hostess gave it to them even though they were technically still on the cruise they booked.

Yes 2 booking numbers. I'll have to change cabins too. Booked both as inside IA GTY - still waiting on cabin assignments.

Can't wait to meet you! Been a follower for two years!

Thanks! We received our 10/29 assignment two weeks ago, but still nothing for 11/3 and 11/10. We don't usually book Guarantees, and I'm not very good at waiting. DH is even worse. He checks a couple of times a day.

Assuming the two segments are linked in your reservation, there is always the possibility that the same cabin will be assigned for both segments. Just keep your fingers crossed.

If you have the chance, check with the Captain's Circle rep during the first sgement to make sure the computers are aware of the status you should have on the second segment.

At the end of the first leg, you will get a new cruise card for the second leg. The color of the card should match your new status. If not go see the Captain's Circle rep to get it straightened out. On the first day of the second leg, you will each get a letter detailing the perks for your level.

I can almost guarantee the new cards will be the wrong colour, i.e. still the same as at the start of the first cruise. The system is not updated until after the first cruise is completed, but the cards are printed by the pursers desk a day or 2 before. It's what happened to myself a couple of others I was with on a B2B where our statuses changed after the first cruise.

I hope that you get one of the nicer Captain's circle reps, the one I had to deal with to get the correct card was adamant that I did not qualify for my status. I had sailed in a suite solo for the first cruise so got 3 points - she went red with rage when I suggested she was wrong when stating that I should only get 2. It seems passengers know about the circle perks than the reps. It took 4 days to get it sorted after I eventually managed to get her to email the shore office. Still didnt get an apology or a sorry. My new card just appeard in my cabin in an envelope along with a mini bar setup.

And don't get me started on the last rep I had to deal with, who suggested directly to myself that she had far better things to do than deal with passengers.

We did a logical cruise over Xmas, two lots of 7 days with one booking number. We kept the same cabin and on the second week my girlfriends card arrived and it was still blue. We noticed that the voyage number was different on the card so I popped into the captains circle lady's office for a chat. She agreed it was 2 cruises and said go to the front desk and you can collect a gold card, two minutes later she had a gold card and I had another cruise under my belt too.

However, when we got back she was back to blue again and I was missing a credit. I emailed the captains circle, they agreed it should have been 2 credits and then she was back to gold.

It was hard work getting them to all sing from the same song sheet but I got there in the end.

I can almost guarantee the new cards will be the wrong colour, i.e. still the same as at the start of the first cruise. The system is not updated until after the first cruise is completed, but the cards are printed by the pursers desk a day or 2 before. It's what happened to myself a couple of others I was with on a B2B where our statuses changed after the first cruise.

I hope that you get one of the nicer Captain's circle reps, the one I had to deal with to get the correct card was adamant that I did not qualify for my status. I had sailed in a suite solo for the first cruise so got 3 points - she went red with rage when I suggested she was wrong when stating that I should only get 2. It seems passengers know about the circle perks than the reps. It took 4 days to get it sorted after I eventually managed to get her to email the shore office. Still didnt get an apology or a sorry. My new card just appeard in my cabin in an envelope along with a mini bar setup.

And don't get me started on the last rep I had to deal with, who suggested directly to myself that she had far better things to do than deal with passengers.

Thank you!

This is exactly what I was wondering about. I remembered reading stuff like this. I really didn't want to be surprised or disappointed if I didn't get a new Platinum Card. Now will expect it might be Ruby and easily fixed. (By the way I can't wait to see Ruby Cards. It will add color to my collection!)

I will be sure to visit the Captain's Circle Rep during cruise one. All our cruises have been simple one credit so there should be no confusion that we've each reached a new level. Although quite a few of my Mom's were on Sitmar, but they are all listed in her history on Princess' website.

Getting so excited!

Thank you!

This is exactly what I was wondering about. I remembered reading stuff like this. I really didn't want to be surprised or disappointed if I didn't get a new Platinum Card. Now will expect it might be Ruby and easily fixed. (By the way I can't wait to see Ruby Cards. It will add color to my collection!)

I will be sure to visit the Captain's Circle Rep during cruise one. All our cruises have been simple one credit so there should be no confusion that we've each reached a new level. Although quite a few of my Mom's were on Sitmar, but they are all listed in her history on Princess' website.

Getting so excited!

P&O cruises count too. I was on one cruise where the most traveled passengers were a British woman and her companion. They had not traveled very much on Princess but swept the title with all of their P&O cruises.

If you received the August issue of the Captain's Circle magazine, you can see what the Ruby card looks like on page 31.

I have heard that they added it to sell more travel insurance because of the free upgrade. Cool looking card though. Since Princess has so many repeaters I'm always surprised when I see a blue card.

We just returned from a 14 day cruise to AK that we booked as 1 cruise. It was in reality 2 separate cruises. My husband became platinum at the end of the first leg. He did receive a platinum card for the second leg along with the addl benefits. We didn't have to do anything. Also, those booking the 14 day did not have to leave the ship. All we had to do was go in a line onboard and check out the old card and check in the new. Those booking as a true b2b did have to leave and come back on board. This was on the Island Princess.

We just returned from a 14 day cruise to AK that we booked as 1 cruise. It was in reality 2 separate cruises. My husband became platinum at the end of the first leg. He did receive a platinum card for the second leg along with the addl benefits. We didn't have to do anything. Also, those booking the 14 day did not have to leave the ship. All we had to do was go in a line onboard and check out the old card and check in the new. Those booking as a true b2b did have to leave and come back on board. This was on the Island Princess.

Very interesting about the difference between B2B and booking as one cruise. Thanks for that.

Very interesting about the difference between B2B and booking as one cruise. Thanks for that.

You're welcome. The info as to what the true b2b passengers came from fellow passengers that did book as 2 cruises. Don't know why but that's what they said. I was glad that Princess automatically changed my husband's status since he wanted to use the internet. (didn't use much anyway! not very good sevice while in the glacier areas for what ever reason)

We booked a B2B for November. We are gold and after the first cruise we will move up to "Ruby". The personalizer shows us as moving from gold to ruby. Looking at the first cruise we are gold. Looking at the second, it says ruby.

This is a true B2B.

You're welcome. The info as to what the true b2b passengers came from fellow passengers that did book as 2 cruises. Don't know why but that's what they said. I was glad that Princess automatically changed my husband's status since he wanted to use the internet. (didn't use much anyway! not very good sevice while in the glacier areas for what ever reason)

IMHO internet service seems to vary by ship and I think they should be more generous in refunds and minute extensions. But it is a business. Musn't forget that.

We had friends who were not B2B on a long cruise and they had a similar experience to yours.

We booked a B2B for November. We are gold and after the first cruise we will move up to "Ruby". The personalizer shows us as moving from gold to ruby. Looking at the first cruise we are gold. Looking at the second, it says ruby.

This is a true B2B.

I keep looking for where I can see this on the Personalizer. Neither of my cruises show the CC level. On both there is a blank field STATUS: is this where it would be listed?

Nevermind. I found it. But it still says RUBY for my second cruise??

Archived