Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

Yes, I was joking but I was actually laughing at Cruisetail's post

I found this statement going back to the days of the ships in the 19th century, where classes were kept apart during the passage.:D

Look at modern ships when you are done with laughing.

What are you talking about?

Why 19th century?

On the Eclipse all suite guests are less than 5%.

Full suite guests are 1.5%

Give them a separate restaurant (like Blu) and a nice lounge to gather and discuss suite life. If you as a designer of a cruise product would like to give them a privilege of having special seats in the show room - arrange a separate balcony or boxes.

That's more than enough.

But no ropes in the theatre, no ropes in MDR, no ropes in the buffet, no ropes in public restrooms.

What are you talking about?

Why 19th century?

On the Eclipse all suite guests are less than 5%.

Full suite guests are 1.5%

Give them a separate restaurant (like Blu) and a nice lounge to gather and discuss suite life. If you as a designer of a cruise product would like to give them a privilege of having special seats in the show room - arrange a separate balcony or boxes.

That's more than enough.

But no ropes in the theatre, no ropes in MDR, no ropes in the buffet, no ropes in public restrooms.

Sorry, it must be my misunderstanding.

I thought you were argueing for the old system of cruise ships (like the Titanic etc) where the people bought a particular passenger class and did not mix anywhere.

What about if the ropes, tied with a hangman's noose, could be used on 'Formal Nights' for those who fail to respect the Formal Dress Code?;)

Probably the transgressors of the formal code could displayed left and right of the entrance way to the MDR. ;)

Have no doubt this practise would give satisfaction to some cruisers!;)

Your thoughts are?

A personal note to Celebrity Cruises from a Celebrity fan.

This thread has fully discussed, with some intelligence, the rationale behind the need to reduce the number of Celebrity Captain's Club Elites. The consensus being there must be a cull, failing that, the Elite benefit would quickly become financially unsustainable, resulting in the loss of the benefits facility.

Therefore, I suggest to adjust the Club bandings. This to ensure loyalty is rewarded, with loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Celebrity Cruises.

Suite guest to receive 'double days' as per the known Celebrity and RCL protocols.

CLASSIC = UP TO AND INCLUDING 75 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

SELECT = FROM 76 UP TO AND INCLUDING 140 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

ELITE =FROM 141 UP TO AND INCLUDING 275 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

The reciprocal facility of Diamonds with RCL automatically becoming Elite with Celebrity, and visa versa across all club status levels, to end.

A Celebrity feedback on my personal thoughts would be appreciated.

Port Royal

Why are you lumping Celebrity and Azamara together in your proposed loyalty program ?

Just as Celebrity fans do not want it to be merged into RC, I'm sure Azamara fans don't want this with Celebrity.

Good point - Thank you for this.:)

Then let all three Cruise Lines [Azamara/Celebrity/RCL] operate their own loyalty programs, as this will also reduce the number of Elites on Celebrity. Pleased you have no other concerns with the principle of a re-allocation of the Celebrity Captain's Club Status Bandings.

Too many Elites!

Thank you again

SELECT = FROM 76 UP TO AND INCLUDING 140 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

ELITE =FROM 141 UP TO AND INCLUDING 275 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

The reciprocal facility of Diamonds with RCL automatically becoming Elite with Celebrity, and visa versa across all club status levels, to end.

585eba1f-8d52-41b1-8104-cb6337bc88ce.jpg

585eba1f-8d52-41b1-8104-cb6337bc88ce.jpg

Sorry, but in my opinion, the Elite situation has reached the stage where unless a radical solution must be implemented. Otherwise the Elite perks will become rapidly financially unsustainable, with loyal Elites potentially suffering a partial loss of the current benefits. ;)

Good idea...there are way too many Elites and Diamond/Diamond Plus members.

That's what I was wondering too. I wonder how many of the culling advocates are willing to give up their status or are they ones who can already afford to cruise a lot and just want others to lose for their benefit. Seems moot. X already said no one will lose anything. Could be that Port Royal would also lose their status and is willing to sacrifice for their convictioins . If so at least they are willing to put their benefits where their mouth is...so to speak.

Tom

Port Royal,

Under your plan, where would you fall?

Port Royal

Why are you lumping Celebrity and Azamara together in your proposed loyalty program ?

Just as Celebrity fans do not want it to be merged into RC, I'm sure Azamara fans don't want this with Celebrity.

Never been on Azamara and doubt we ever will because of prices so I wouldn't want to see any of the 3 lines have their programs lumped together.

I would also like to know where Port Royal is on the scale.

Never been on Azamara and doubt we ever will because of prices so I wouldn't want to see any of the 3 lines have their programs lumped together.

I would also like to know where Port Royal is on the scale.

One will move from Elite to Select

This thread has fully discussed, with some intelligence, the rationale behind the need to reduce the number of Celebrity Captain's Club Elites. The consensus being there must be a cull, failing that, the Elite benefit would quickly become financially unsustainable, resulting in the loss of the benefits facility.

Therefore, I suggest to adjust the Club bandings. This to ensure loyalty is rewarded, with loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Celebrity Cruises.

Suite guest to receive 'double days' as per the known Celebrity and RCL protocols.

I don't see this happening. RCCL would like to see the top tier RCI guests move over to X as RCI works to attract more first time cruisers and families. By allowing the perks to cross over between both lines it's much easier to achieve ths goal and it's working. We are an example of that and from reading both the RCI and X boards, we are not alone.

The cruise lines know what the past guest programs cost. Look at the C&A program on RCI. Many, many more past guests on those ships and RCI is adding Diamond lounges to all but one ship in their fleet in addition to the Concierge lounges. RCI knows that this one perk helps with bringing guests back to RCI over and over. X knows this also so I don't think you will see it going away any time soon.

I think we should all enjoy the perks offered and not worry if or when there will be changes. Just enjoy the ride......:)

Never been on Azamara and doubt we ever will because of prices

We're trying Azamara for the first time in December...$995 pp including gratuities and open bar for a 12 night cruise. Inside cabin, but it's fine for us. Cheaper than staying home.;)

We're trying Azamara for the first time in December...$995 pp including gratuities and open bar for a 12 night cruise. Inside cabin, but it's fine for us. Cheaper than staying home.;)

Wow that's an unbelievable deal. Wish we could vacation in December.

What port does it leave from?

If Azamara was so wonderful, why not stick with them ? If you keep comparing and finding everything so much better with A, as per your many posts, you will make yourself very unhappy on the upcoming cruise.

I agree...we are Elite, but we don't expect to get "special privileges" just because of the status...we are just happy to be able to cruise....we are never disappointed! Also, we would love to get the vouchers to use instead of going to Michael's Club...that way, we could do our "happy hour" with friends that travel with us...the appi's mean nothing to us as we eat dinner early.

I don't see this happening. RCCL would like to see the top tier RCI guests move over to X as RCI works to attract more first time cruisers and families. By allowing the perks to cross over between both lines it's much easier to achieve ths goal and it's working. We are an example of that and from reading both the RCI and X boards, we are not alone.

The cruise lines know what the past guest programs cost. Look at the C&A program on RCI. Many, many more past guests on those ships and RCI is adding Diamond lounges to all but one ship in their fleet in addition to the Concierge lounges. RCI knows that this one perk helps with bringing guests back to RCI over and over. X knows this also so I don't think you will see it going away any time soon.

I think we should all enjoy the perks offered and not worry if or when there will be changes. Just enjoy the ride......:)

This is an interesting read - For my part I select the itinerary and ship above any 'perks'. But feel there are too many Elites/D's/D+'s. For example we tried to visit the D Lounge at 19.45 - No seats available - Next day 20.00 hours - No seats. And so on! - Gave up!

Note RCL are adding Lounges, but more to the point are they adding an even greater number of seats.

Woah...........I don't think in this discussion these levels of changes were imagined!! I understand you are presenting your personal recommendation - just want to be clear I think most of us were presuming some kind of change similar to what RCI currently uses. I have cruised 23 times with Celebrity; occasionally 10 day, one SS, never fewer than 7 days, and based on this formula I would just barely be Elite. Making the level that hard to achieve is rather counterproductive I believe. I do understand the difficulty in maintaining current levels, but this suggestion seems a bit extreme to me. As much as I hate to say it, I think some downsizing of the current Elite perks may be a necessity (I do not want it, to be clear, I just think financially it is a given).

I do also think that at the very least there needs to be some change to the reciprocity situation with RCI. Maybe it is not to be eliminated entirely, but perhaps certain levels 'cross-cruising' get some recognition of their loyalty to the overall company, but not necessarily to the level it is now. Or perhaps when calculating points within one brand, you get 'bonus' loyalty points for your cruises on that brand only (but that can get complicated). It just can't be ignored that one of the major (but not only) reasons Elite numbers are so large now is due to this cross-over benefit. Business-wise something's gotta give.

I'm not Elite but all of these "they don't appreciate us Elite threads" are starting to get a bit much. It is a known fact that the sheer numbers of Elites now exceeds the ability of the program. I understand that people don't care for the voucher system when it has to be utilized (not on this sailing) - as most cherish the interaction of the cocktail party - but to be upset about Concierge, Aqua & Suites having a dedicated security line - oh come on - what do you think these people are PAYING more money for? You were in the nightly cocktail party and are going to complain about the suite guests being there? How are you sure they aren't in a suite and Elite too.

Like it or not this is a business - and while you should be grateful for the loyalty perks offered - you can't expect to be treated the same as the person staying in the higher priced cabins. Reserved seating in the theater costs X nothing and yet it makes the suites more appealing for some - while taking nothing away from you. The loyalty program for any business is to encourage repeat business but the focus is always on the bottom line and attracting those big spenders will be the priority.

Why so much focus on what others are getting? What a rotten vacation I would have if I had to compare the fact that someone else had a first class flight, a private limo pickup from the airport, a suite, got to attend the Elite functions. I do hope that I make it to Elite someday but in the meantime - I don't spend one second of my time paying attention to what anyone else is getting.

Well said....

Archived