Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

Some seem to be very unhappy with Celebrity. Why do you continue to cruise with them? Why not take your dollars somewhere else or do you just enjoy complaining? Not trying to be mean but it gets old. If I'm not happy with a product I simply do not purchase it. There are cruise lines out there that I refuse to give my business to.

Also we all know the beneifts offered to the Elite members of X before you book a cruise. The number of times that a person cruises means nothing unless X ups the ante by adding another level with more perks. We also know the perks for suite guests. It's your choice as to which cabin you book. So some people think that they deserve perks given for something that they haven't paid for. Sorry but that is arrogance pure and simple. Some people need to get over themselves. :rolleyes:

As I said there are good arguments on both sides of the issue and I guess much of one's position is shaped by where they are on the food chain. At one time people who reached 100 cruise points were given a free cruise, then it went to a discount on a future cruise; now nothing. One could reason that too many are reaching the 100 point mark and Celebrity can long longer afford a "free, or discounted" cruise. Who has built the "expectations" the passenger or Celebrity? Probably a bit of both. There is a real problem when I person receives a "special" benefit and the next one doesn't. We all know of Celebrity's "constant inconsistency". Perhaps at least some of these unlisted benefits that have routinely been given in the past should be part of a top tier in a new program. Really Celebrity's call. I just enjoy cruising and whatever they decide to do or not do is fine with me.

We also know that the both RCI and X post this on their website.

*Benefits are exclusive to sailings on Celebrity Cruises (excluding Celebrity Xpedition®) and are subject to change without notice. Modified benefits are available on sailings of 3 nights or less.

Most of us also know that the benefits have changed and usually not for the better. As long as cruise line continue to cut prices to fill ships, the benefits are going to change. I don't pick a cruise line based on past guest benefits or perks alone. If so I would choose NCL as their suite perks blow RCI and X out of the water. :)

I believe that far too many comments are directed toward the person who is commenting rather than the comments themselves. I might be a true scoundrel with only the most selfish motives; however, what I say might reveal a great deal of truth. I'd rather see comments focus on message rather than messenger. Just something I felt I needed to say.

At one time people who reached 100 cruise points were given a free cruise, then it went to a discount on a future cruise; now nothing.

Charles,

Were you told this recently by someone at the Captain's Club?

The free cruise has always been hard to get and something that was fought for.

If what you say is now true, I find it interesting since RCL offers a free cruise at the equivalent of 100 and EVERY 50 afterward.......

Tom

As long as cruise line continue to cut prices to fill ships, the benefits are going to change.

But the 14 night Caribbean cruise is at least 20% higher than last year's price.

Will an increase in price above the additional cost actually improve the experience?

Charles,

Were you told this recently by someone at the Captain's Club?

The free cruise has always been hard to get and something that was fought for.

If what you say is now true, I find it interesting since RCL offers a free cruise at the equivalent of 100 and EVERY 50 afterward.......

Tom

I might hit 100 in 2014 and called Captain's Club. Told that it was no longer offered. If I get to 100 I'll just call until I receive the answer I want :)

I believe that far too many comments are directed toward the person who is commenting rather than the comments themselves. I might be a true scoundrel with only the most selfish motives; however, what I say might reveal a great deal of truth. I'd rather see comments focus on message rather than messenger. Just something I felt I needed to say.

The adage of "shooting the messenger" when one does not like the message, is as old as any public board.

On another note:

I can't believe that Celebrity is cutting back on the unwritten but established policy of rewarding loyal cruisers who have passed the 100 cruise point.

Would not matter. People would still find something to complain about. ;)

It's like the weather. People with nothing else to talk about have found a home here...

We have all heard or read about the consequences of "idle hands".

Heaven forbid we do something useful with our time... :D

The adage of "shooting the messenger" when one does not like the message, is as old as any public board.

On another note:

I can't believe that Celebrity is cutting back on the unwritten but established policy of rewarding loyal cruisers who have passed the 100 cruise point.

100 points becomes moot if they go to days cruised. I advocate that even though it might cost me a free or discounted cruise. I believe that it is the right thing to do, but that's another thread.

100 points becomes moot if they go to days cruised. I advocate that even though it might cost me a free or discounted cruise. I believe that it is the right thing to do, but that's another thread.

Those 100 cruise points would translate into 700.

Yes but then the Crown and Anchor equivalent:

Complimentary 7-night cruise in a Balcony stateroom for 700 and 1050 cruise points

I might hit 100 in 2014 and called Captain's Club. Told that it was no longer offered. If I get to 100 I'll just call until I receive the answer I want :)

Charles,

I reached the 100 mark in Dec. and waited patiently for someone to contact me.:rolleyes: In June, on Summit, I mentioned to TiAnn that I had not heard anything about the free cruise and she was quite surprised. Her comment was that she would send an e-mail to her boss right away. Long story short, I was called when I arrived home and given the cruise. Without TiAnn's intervention, I would probably still be waiting.

Charles,

I reached the 100 mark in Dec. and waited patiently for someone to contact me.:rolleyes: In June, on Summit, I mentioned to TiAnn that I had not heard anything about the free cruise and she was quite surprised. Her comment was that she would send an e-mail to her boss right away. Long story short, I was called when I arrived home and given the cruise. Without TiAnn's intervention, I would probably still be waiting.

TiAnn is absolutely fantastic. Too much time has passed since I cruised with her.

TiAnn is absolutely fantastic. Too much time has passed since I cruised with her.

A true ***** star. (five stars, no expletive)

She just went home for a well deserved rest but will be back on Summit.

Oh to have the pleasure of sailing with her on Century!!

A true ***** star. (five stars, no expletive)

She just went home for a well deserved rest but will be back on Summit.

Oh to have the pleasure of sailing with her on Century!!

We only cruise about twice a year, but I do have to say Ti-Ann has been the best Captain's Club Host/Hostess we have ever had.

Wish she was still on Summit for our 9/7 cruise.

Charles,

Anne -

It is good that Ti-Ann was able to get you the free cruise.

Like I had said, it is not something they do automatically, you have to fight for it.

In the future if you need help, talk to Vicky at the Captain's Club.

She is EXCELLENT:)

For us, Elite perks are not even a factor in selecting a cruise or cruise line. Celebrity has always treated us very well and that hasn't changed much over our ten cruises with them. That's why we continue to sail with them.

I'm with you there! I posted a thread on what people thought were the differences between celebrity and royal Caribbean, I was told this was an inappropriate question considering all that had happened on the Millie...what?! In that case we'd never ask a question again, what about third world hunger, we would never complain about the food on board a ship again as its deemed inappropriate! I am new to these boards and do struggle a bit with the mentality a bit. Anyway..back to the subject in hand...;)

Anne -

It is good that Ti-Ann was able to get you the free cruise.

Like I had said, it is not something they do automatically, you have to fight for it.

In the future if you need help, talk to Vicky at the Captain's Club.

She is EXCELLENT:)

Hi Tom,

I agree with you about both of these people. Ti Ann is way beyond excellent and I thought that long before she made this effort on my behalf. And Vicky is who I talked to at Captain's Club. Thorough and conscientious.

Archived