New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

Hi chamima' date='

Lots of people worried about losing current loyalty awards, especially elite level, but Celebrity did post here officially about this on Aug. 13, 2013 on a different thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39525331#post39525331

See post #81 by "Celebrity Cruises" but here it is:

"Hi all,

While we can't comment on the VIP program currently being tested, we can confirm that you will not lose any current Captain's Club benefits that you are receiving."

It's not my current level I'm worried about - it's the Elite level I would be at after our February cruise that I'm afraid will be further out of reach.

I didn't state that clearly in my previous post.

Edited by chamima

Had their been any announcement about changes prior to that sailing you were on?Tom

NO! Not that I recall.

I like to think I keep us with the chatter and it was a complete surprise – at least to me. I had heard there was going to be a conversion “at some time” and did call RCCL and was told that no one would lose any status. What you were prior to the conversation – you will be after. Of course they added a new lower level and named the pinnacle level. My D+ status did not change. At the time of conversion had 49 RCCL cruises ( credits) and that meant a new perk or two had kicked in. It was the same after the conversion.

A few with ONLY longer sailings did lose out in the numbers game from credits to points however they did not lose any status level. If they were D prior – they were D after.

As a more frequent RCCL cruiser than Celebrity, so I am particularly interested in the reciprocity. We sail Celebrity only once or twice a year and are “only“ a low numbered Elite with our number of actual cruises/credits.

M

Hi chamima' date='

Lots of people worried about losing current loyalty awards, especially elite level, but Celebrity did post here officially about this on Aug. 13, 2013 on a different thread:

"Hi all,

While we can't comment on the VIP program currently being tested, we can confirm that you will not lose any current Captain's Club benefits that you are receiving."

As we are qualifying as elites on our upcoming cruise (Nov.22-Dec7), timing is everything. For me, one of the major perks of Elite is the 10% discount on our upcoming Galapagos cruise --- that is a benefit that I am really looking forward to using. I certainly don't think that it will be changed nor shall I lose any sleep over it.

As we are qualifying as elites on our upcoming cruise (Nov.22-Dec7), timing is everything. For me, one of the major perks of Elite is the 10% discount on our upcoming Galapagos cruise --- that is a benefit that I am really looking forward to using. I certainly don't think that it will be changed nor shall I lose any sleep over it.

I was not aware of any booking discounts - how does that work, and what are the limitations?

Tom

I was not aware of any booking discounts - how does that work, and what are the limitations?

Tom

You have to be Elite before final payment to get the 10% reduction on the Galapagos booking.

Also until 23.11.13, you get a further 5% if you are a Captain's Club Member, on top of the current 10% off promotion.

It's not my current level I'm worried about - it's the Elite level I would be at after our February cruise that I'm afraid will be further out of reach.

I didn't state that clearly in my previous post.

I was told by someone at X that when the announcement came - that there would be a set period of time for anyone trying to reach a certain level. I have no idea if this will be true - but it makes for an excellent marketing ploy.

Hi chamima' date='

"Hi all,

While we can't comment on the VIP program currently being tested, we can confirm that you will not lose any current Captain's Club benefits that you are receiving."[/quote']

My fear would be they'd move the bar for elite, since thats my next level. Here's hoping that they just add higher levels above 10 credits, and leave us low-lifes alone :-)

I was told by someone at X that when the announcement came - that there would be a set period of time for anyone trying to reach a certain level. I have no idea if this will be true - but it makes for an excellent marketing ploy.

Yes that certainly would. That would ensure that those of us close would book something to fill the gap :-) I was already hoping to, so that i'd be elite by end of my May 2014 cruise.

Hi Jane

Our cruise isn't for 3 months and that seems long in advance to hold off changes.

I could see 30 days or so but that's it.

I wish they'd just announce already and stop all of this speculation! :(

Tom

I just looked at the benefits section and it is not here but this link is quite clear.http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cc_galapagos_offer

Time to call Captains Club ! I'll report back.

Yep, good thru 12/31/13

Edited by drb

I just looked at the benefits section and it is not here but this link is quite clear.http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cc_galapagos_offer

Thanks for the link. Since it's limited to Galapagos sailings, we probably won't be taking advantage of that anytime in the next several years.

Good luck !

Tom

Also until 23.11.13, you get a further 5% if you are a Captain's Club Member, on top of the current 10% off promotion.

Does this apply only in the UK? I can't find anything here in the US and I just booked a month ago.

Yep, good thru 12/31/13

It's not in the benefits section, its a promotion just like the 123 promotion. Temporary..

It's not in the benefits section, its a promotion just like the 123 promotion. Temporary..

I am sure you must be right but I wonder if they do it often? I seem to recall it being discussed at a Galapagos presentation aboard the Equinox last year in November.

Does this apply only in the UK? I can't find anything here in the US and I just booked a month ago.

Hi Drb,

Celebrity is currently running a "Giving Thanks" promo, which offers 10% discount on selected 2014 sailings. The discount is increased to 15% for Captains Club members.

I've posted the details of this promotion on the following thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1935894 I hope this is helpful.

Hi Drb,

Celebrity is currently running a "Giving Thanks" promo, which offers 10% discount on selected 2014 sailings. The discount is increased to 15% for Captains Club members.

I've posted the details of this promotion on the following thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1935894 I hope this is helpful.

Which does not seem to apply to Galapagos sailings.

I am sorry that I was not more clear in my initial post about the 10% discount for Elite status only applying to Galapagos itineraries.

wrk2cruise: that was my feeling as well but my brain cells are not what they used to be and they were not all that great to begin with.

Which does not seem to apply to Galapagos sailings.

I am sorry that I was not more clear in my initial post about the 10% discount for Elite status only applying to Galapagos itineraries.

wrk2cruise: that was my feeling as well but my brain cells are not what they used to be and they were not all that great to begin with.

Ah ok, this promo does not apply to Xpedition / Galapagos. Sorry it does not work for you.

Edited by Host Andy

The promotion came out on Nov 1st, when we were on Infinity.

We all had fliers in our room.

A question was asked at the Future Cruise presentation regarding a reservation made the previous day.

The answer: cancel and re- book ,so you can benefit.

If you go on the web site, all cabins except insides have the offer reductions indicated.

It finishes on Nov 23rd.

It is not part of the Galapagos 10% reduction, I gather that is always there for Elite passengers, who become a Elite before final payment day.

Edited by upwarduk

Don't want to take this off topic, but sure hope you get to take advantage of that discount for Galapagos - DH and I were on one of the earliest Xpedition cruises/land trip there! Unforgettable!:D

Great that you'll make the next level soon.:cool:

Glad to see discounts for Elite...something not offered consistently on Celebrity in the past.

I am not sure what another tier or two will do for us. We are Elite on Celeb, Diamond by the tier reciprocity plan and about 4 nights away from "real" Diamond on Royal. Diamond plus is a very high number to get to and I imagine Celeb would set the bar high to make the equivalency perks work out for both lines. ..

we have noticed on the S class ships, there are usually many Diamonds & Elites on board and this really crowds the venues when there are special or daily events (hence the voucher system in lieu of the gathering each night on some sailings) The ships can only fit so many people in one place at a time so maybe the new levels will be more discount and dollar oriented rather than event oriented???..

For us if we can continue to book AQ and BLU we will be happy....and an Elite discount on that would be really great!

Before they do anything they should get that darn website fixed!!!