New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

... To the best I can figure you are mixing posts by different posters here. ..

...Please explain to me if I've missed something here, as I admit it's a bit confusing.

It makes perfect sense to me to mix posts by different posters since we're just speculating about something that might or not be.

The only thing you might be missing is that this is all just sort of wild speculation which is why it all might seem inconsistent and confusing.

Since it is all just speculation there is no harm in making up facts as we go along. I'll reserve my judgement for it being fair and/or reasonable until something real is actually formally announced, if it ever will be.

Until then I'm just going to enjoy our cruising using whatever loyalty club perks are available to us. Especially since these are just bonuses for cruises we'd be taking with or without them.

Edited by Lsimon

My husband and I have about 200 sailing days and have 41 tier points. We joined Captain's Club when one had to pay in order to join, way back when. Our first sailing was on the Meridan before =X= was bought out by Royal Carib.

We are booked on 3 more cruises: 7-day Eastern Carib in November 2013, 14-day Asia in January 2014, and 24-day Transpacific in September 2014. So after October of next year we will be well on our way to being about 250 days with Celebrity. Wow! Can't believe we've cruised that many times.

I hope that the new rumored tier level will come about soon. Though I am not holding my breath as we've heard rumors about this for years now as other posters have noted.

#1. Onboard math course to enable points vs days and inside's vs Concierge to be calculated properly in the complicated "NEW" VIP program. ETA 2020.

Will this be included in the new pick your perks program or will it not be combinable with any other discounts?:D

PS. Haven't we had a great summer here in BC!

My husband and I have about 200 sailing days and have 41 tier points. We joined Captain's Club when one had to pay in order to join, way back when. Our first sailing was on the Meridan before =X= was bought out by Royal Carib.

We are booked on 3 more cruises: 7-day Eastern Carib in November 2013, 14-day Asia in January 2014, and 24-day Transpacific in September 2014. So after October of next year we will be well on our way to being about 250 days with Celebrity. Wow! Can't believe we've cruised that many times.

I hope that the new rumored tier level will come about soon. Though I am not holding my breath as we've heard rumors about this for years now as other posters have noted.

Wow, I was typing while you were posting Mary El. Our first was also on the Meridian and we, too, paid to belong to the Captains Club. That was back in the days when you got one tier point per cruise no matter what the length was.

Wow, I was typing while you were posting Mary El. Our first was also on the Meridian and we, too, paid to belong to the Captains Club. That was back in the days when you got one tier point per cruise no matter what the length was.

Those were great days! Celebrity sure has changed throughout the years. The Meridian was a great ship. It was our first cruise out of Baltimore to Bermuda. I remember paying $35 to join the Captain's Club.

Simple arithmetic (KISS fuzzy logic)

25 cruises @ an average of 7 days = 175 the cutoff RCI uses for the division between Diamond and Diamond Plus.

I believe that a 12 to 14 day cruise in a CC or above would be equivalent to three one week cruises.

I will continue to believe without equivocation that X counting will reflect RCI methodology without any meaningful loss of standing for anyone from present levels.

Anyone with 25 Celebrity cruise points and above will become Elite +

Anyone devising their own counting system to reflect a personal preference is spitting into the wind..

Celebrity is not going to reinvent the wheel.

All the above is pure speculation concocted over the Millennia since Celebrity suggested that more was coming.. soon.. ;)

I will continue to believe without equivocation that X counting will reflect RCI methodology without any meaningful loss of standing for anyone from present levels.

Anyone with 25 Celebrity cruise points and above will become Elite +

Anyone devising their own counting system to reflect a personal preference is spitting into the wind..

Celebrity is not going to reinvent the wheel.

All the above is pure speculation concocted over the Millennia since Celebrity suggested that more was coming.. soon.. ;)

I agree with you that they are not going to "reinvent the wheel."

So they question is, why then is it taking them so long?

Ongoing discussions - yes there have been. In fact the President of Celebrity said there would be forthcoming changes in 2009 - see the 13th paragraph of the 2009 press release at:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-62148287.html

However, seeing that they've been talking about this for almost 5 years now I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hi Larry. I think that 2009 press release covered the last change to the Captain's Club; when they added the cocktail hours & upgraded the other perks.

But you are right. We've been hearing rumors of more changes/levels for some time now. Hopefully it will be a case of "good things to come for those who wait"!

I didn't mean to cause such confusion --

I was trying to make the point, albeit awkwardly, in answer to the question "27 credits, is that actual Days or actual Cruises?" that 27 credits does not mean 27 days, nor does it necessarily mean 27 cruises.

27 Credits (tier credits, points, whatever) could be 27 cruises of 3 days each, or 27 cruises of 7 days each or some other combination of days, stateroom class, etc.

I agree with you that they are not going to "reinvent the wheel."

So they question is, why then is it taking them so long?

I believe that all the people who came out with the first enhanced benefits in 2009 are no longer "involved" (retired?)..

Those in the position to make decisions are eager to keep their heads... ;)

Perhaps they are waiting for the programmers who designed the excellent :eek:

Celebrity website interface to finish their appointed task.

28 14-night cruises would be only 58 points but 392 nights.

Sue

Depending on when the sailings took place.

14 day cruises prior to 2002(?) earned only one point..

The point count for an "ancient mariner" might then be only 28 points or as high as 56 if the 28 14 night cruise were taken after that date.. or anywhere in between if spread across the decades since points were first counted.

And if those 28 cruises were taken in different cabin types the counting gets even more complex.

Could someone please post the formula that RCL uses for their point system? And IF Celebrity decides to use the same system, or one similiar...how would that formula be calculated?

Thanks!

Karyn

Karyn, here is the formula:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

Credits 1-4, points = (credits * 7) + 1

Credits 5-7, points = (credits * 7) + 3

Credits > 7, points = (credits * 7) + 13

You reach Emerald with 55 points, Diamond 80, Diamond Plus 175 and Pinnacle 700.

Edited by Oville

Could someone please post the formula that RCL uses for their point system? And IF Celebrity decides to use the same system, or one similiar...how would that formula be calculated?

Thanks!

Karyn

Bob has posted this on an earlier thread:

I suspect that you could replace Gold with Classic, Platinum (and maybe Emerald) with Select, Diamond with Elite and Diamond + with whatever they call the new level we all expect. Thanks to Cruise Critic member TPKeller who created the full chart.

1 => 8 => Gold

2 => 15 => Gold

3 => 22 => Gold

4 => 29 => Gold

5 => 38 => Platinum

6 => 45 => Platinum

7 => 52 => Platinum

8 => 69 => Emerald

9 => 76 => Emerald

10 => 83 => Diamond

11 => 90 => Diamond

12 => 97 => Diamond

13 => 104 => Diamond

14 => 111 => Diamond

15 => 118 => Diamond

16 => 125 => Diamond

17 => 132 => Diamond

18 => 139 => Diamond

19 => 146 => Diamond

20 => 153 => Diamond

21 => 160 => Diamond

22 => 167 => Diamond

23 => 174 => Diamond

24 => 181 => Diamond +

Bob has posted this on an earlier thread:

This formula would create even more Elites -

Currently there are too many Elites - There must be a reduction [cull].

As previously posted a fair method would be only for actual days cruised with Celebrity to be counted. Plus when achieving Diamond with RCL the automatic attainment of Elite with Celebrity should end.:)

I believe that all the people who came out with the first enhanced benefits in 2009 are no longer "involved" (retired?)..

Those in the position to make decisions are eager to keep their heads... ;)

Perhaps they are waiting for the programmers who designed the excellent :eek:

Celebrity website interface to finish their appointed task.

:eek: Celebrity's website will never work right!! They have been telling us for the last year and a half that they're working on it!! After sailing with them since 1998 I find it's hard to believe anything the Miami office tells me !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Oh how the talking heads in Miami must be really enjoying all this goings on here on Cruise Critic. Every sailing the Loyality Rep lets slip a little tid-bit to an unsepcting person about some change that is a coming.They made the anouncement a few weeks ago! You no longer have to sail to join. But oh how they must be laughing so hard at how they get us all a rilled up on here! What fun!

This formula would create even more Elites -

Currently there are too many Elites - There must be a reduction [cull].

As previously posted a fair method would be only for actual days cruised with Celebrity to be counted. Plus when achieving Diamond with RCL the automatic attainment of Elite with Celebrity should end.:)

Celebrity is not going to Cull elites....it just won't happen....forget the idea. It would be just be an incredibly bad marketing decision.

Edited by ghstudio