Does anyone know why the Century will be arriving late?

DiamondSuiteCruiser

We are sailing with Diamond and also received the notice. Does anyone know if this delay is typical of Alaskan cruises because of weather - fog? DH pointed out that at least the delay is not next week, while we are coming back in. We have a 10:45 flight. :eek:

According to Captain Albert's Blog a storm was hitting South East Alaska. I wonder if this delayed the Century? It would seem it's only a couple of hours delay. I hope it's nothing more serious as we are on the 15th September sailing.

DH and I are heading to the pier in about an hour. I looked for a web cam for Canada Place to see if the ship is in (it's 9:30 am in Vancouver) but could not find one. My IPad will not pick up the Century bow cam, either. Could someone please take a look for us?

Bow cam? When did Century get a bow cam?

Century had a bridge cam that fed to an internet site years ago (as did all the X ships) but that was discontinued, I think when they changed internet providers around 4 years ago

Just speculation but they may be doing an extra thorough deep cleaning between the two cruises.:D

Why would a deep cleaning delay the arrival of a ship? I've been on a ship which had delayed boarding (but not departure) due to a deep cleaning between cruises. The staff did a deep cleaning with the passengers off the ship.

I've also been on a ship which arrived late at the disembarkation port. We had been late leaving the prior port due to a medical emergency, and given somewhat rough seas the ship was unable to make up the time. The late arrival caused problems with travel plans for some of the passengers, and is a situation Celebrity wants to avoid.

But since we are also on the September 15th Century sailing, I also am curious as to why the late arrival.

Why would a deep cleaning delay the arrival of a ship? I've been on a ship which had delayed boarding (but not departure) due to a deep cleaning between cruises. The staff did a deep cleaning with the passengers off the ship.

I've also been on a ship which arrived late at the disembarkation port. We had been late leaving the prior port due to a medical emergency, and given somewhat rough seas the ship was unable to make up the time. The late arrival caused problems with travel plans for some of the passengers, and is a situation Celebrity wants to avoid.

But since we are also on the September 15th Century sailing, I also am curious as to why the late arrival.

If you spend enough time reading posts from the person you quoted, you will find little or no value in much of what is contributed.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Archived