You Know You are Cruise Geek When...

FRMPEI

I am such a cruise geek. Celebrity Summit will be making her first stop of the year in my hometown of Charlottetown PEI on Friday Sept 13. Can't wait... get off work and go down to Confederation landing and what her leave at 6:00PM. Picture opportunity may not be very good because Tropical Storm Gabrielle is on her way with heavy rain forecasted. If Rain is heavy will drive over to Victoria Park and watch Summit leave from there in our car.

I was on that ship!! Six of us rented a van for the day and drove out of the nasty weather and had a beautiful day. We loved PEI.

About the carpets changed every day in the elevators on Hal. DH would take a photo of the carpet every morning and that's the way he sorted our photos.

Yeah, that's being a cruise geek.

Another way: when crossing the Equator in the middle of the the night and standing on the fore deck with other similar geeks watching your GPS and then running down to passenger services to check if your GPS and the ship's coordinatates are identical.

Yes... I'm a cruise geek, in the fact that my CLOSET is organized by:

(1) Excursions

(2) Casual night

(3) Formal night

(4) Outer wear

(5) Shoes

(6) Jewelry

Every single purchase is prefaced by "can I wear this on a cruise?" If the answer is no, it usually won't see my closet! :eek::p:)

I yearn for the day when the whole closet is either cruise clothes or casual with the "work" section GONE! :D Alas, I have to keep working in order to keep cruising. Teachers retirement isn't the greatest in Montana!

the joke in my house is...I can be packed in 20 minutes-I have enough underwear!

Seriously, going on my 23rd cruise 11/17/13 - Adventure of the Seas - Exotic Caribbean. As I've said a million times, it's the ultimate relaxation. Anyone on that cruise out of Puerto Rico?

PS-when I go over the Skyway Bridge in Tampa Bay, I always look for a departing ship around 4:30 pm on Sundays!!!!

Happy Cruising!!!!:cool:

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread. I know there are a lot of people who enjoy cruises but we make a year long process out of it. My husband and I curl up nearly every evening with our laptops on our laps, watch TV, and browse pictures, videos, webcams, etc. of the ships and our upcoming destinations. A couple of weeks ago I just bought Season 1 & 2 of The Love Boat. We are watching a few episodes each weekend to get ready for our Hawaiian cruise out of Los Angeles at Christmas. I read blogs and message boards. It's crazy!!! But I love it!!! :D

You know you're a cruise geek when travel agents ask YOU cruise-related questions! This has happened to me more times than I can count.

But I think I have everyone beat - you know you're a cruise geek when you have your final final cruise planned. It's in my will that I want to be cremated and have my ashes tossed off a cruise ship in the Caribbean! :eek::D Now that's preplanning! LOL (Hope it won't be anytime soon though - I have too many cruises on my bucket list to go on where I'm still alive!)

OMG, there are two of us!!!

Make that 5...is this beginning of a club???? I do even further...When my husband or I go to buy something...first we say...Is that a cruise ??? or Is that a side trip ???? If the answer is yes...then we don't get it. No cruises this year because we had to repair our deck and get a front door ...we've been putting those off too long :D We also have , in our will, our family going on a cruise and throwing our ashes. while drinking Margarettas :)...and on our first TA my husband took a picture of the TV showing the position of the ship...every night....LOL

I was on that ship!! Six of us rented a van for the day and drove out of the nasty weather and had a beautiful day. We loved PEI.

I was so hoping to be able to get some nice video footage of Summit but no go. Here again Wednesday but not able to make it down to Harbour that day.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I usually spend more time reading posts on cc, than doing work, at work. I think I'm a cruise geek. Sometime during a cruise I visit to the future cruise booking desk and pu brochures for future cruises and flip thru them while sipping cocktails on our balcony. DH thinks I'm nuts, but he'll never say no to a cruise :D

When you're circling overhead on approach to the Vancouver airport, see a ship sailing and say "Oh, the Statendam is late leaving!"

When your TA asks you to work for them because you know so much about cruising.

When you check CC six times/day.

Archived