An Exciting Announcement From RCI Australia ???

Sparky74

So - frankly, I am getting mixed messages -- my own thoughts are that some cruises are getting more expensive (cruises out of Brisbane??) -- while others are more competitive (big ships out of Sydney??)

Barry

I think you'll find that the Sydney ones will have both the most expensive - and the cheapest.

With the most volume in Sydney , in off-peak periods, there's a lot of capacity to fill so you'll get some good specials. However, as the key destination for international tourists and the most local demand, it's also going to have premium prices (e.g. look at the short Solstice and Voyager cruises that are over $200/night/person for an inside).

See post #205 in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39972998&posted=1#post39972998

Voyager seems to get a retractable roof in the solarium pool, so maybe she sails the Alaska itineraries from May to Sep 2015!

So probably Mariner replaces Voyager, or Voyager will be wintered in Australia and RCI has 4 ships than in AU/NZ...:)

Thanks for the link, we can hope for that much competition to help keep the prices down and for the winter as well.:D

I think you'll find that the Sydney ones will have both the most expensive - and the cheapest.

With the most volume in Sydney , in off-peak periods, there's a lot of capacity to fill so you'll get some good specials. However, as the key destination for international tourists and the most local demand, it's also going to have premium prices (e.g. look at the short Solstice and Voyager cruises that are over $200/night/person for an inside).

I would have to agree although the passenger demand will justify either the price rises or the price drops with the cruise lines need to fill the ships.:D

Or for something completely different, it could be something local like a tie up with a local chain. Hotels... Leisure... Food.

"50% off third and fourth person rates, with your voucher with every Happy Meal at McDonalds AU!"

;):p

First prize is a McDonalds burger --- Second prize is two McDonalds burgers.

Barry

Or for something completely different, it could be something local like a tie up with a local chain. Hotels... Leisure... Food.

"50% off third and fourth person rates, with your voucher with every Happy Meal at McDonalds AU!"

;):p

A RCCL Credit Card could be on the menu!

I wonder if the birds in the pic are one clue ?...

Could they be going to introduce fly/cruise deals up in the Islands during our winter?

The picture of the landscape looks fake, maybe they will offer virtual cruises ?:D

You pay heaps of money to go and sit in a chair in a warehouse and watch cruise DVDs.:eek:

Archived