New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

I agree with you, however we had a special case on the final Monarch cruise and had something like 30 Pinnacle members on board.

And on Majesty last week we had one. However there were several folks working to be Pinnacle, one fellow was going to be on the ship doing B2B's for 14 weeks.:eek:

To Pinnacle members. As an elite member in C&A, do you get any inside info from RCL or are you asked for any input in any improvements whether in programs, ships design, ports visited, or other aspects of cruising.

Err that will be No....although we do regular contact with the Senior Management here in the UK, and have been lucky enough to make friends with some of the Maimi Top Dogs, when we have met them on various ship naming ceremonies. Occassionally we do give feedback, but have never directly been asked for an opiion that might effect design, ports or similar changes :D

To Pinnacle members. As an elite member in C&A, do you get any inside info from RCL or are you asked for any input in any improvements whether in programs, ships design, ports visited, or other aspects of cruising.

5 seems low. just flew back from Fla and did a B2B. 1st leg 18 Pinnacle. 2nd leg 21 Pinnacle. did 4 on the Explorer between 6 to 12 for each cruise. Explorer to NE this Sept. 21 pinnacle. out of Baltimore b2b---more than 10 pinnacle each time. and most of them----"mum"

lately more and more Pinnacle.

Apparently it isn't quite as unachievable as some would claim. We are still a good way away from reaching that plateau but as long as RCI provides us with the excellent cruise experiences we have become accustomed to, it hardly matters. As some have already mentioned, there are additional benefits provided to Diamond Plus members as they advance towards the 700 point goal. Putting a name to those levels seems, to me at least, little more than a salve for those whose egos need reinforcement.

Not the same of course and it's just another case of taking something away from us after we have earned the benefit. We've been bumped back twice now. I think if it happened a 3rd time I would have to reconsider the 6 cruises I have booked through September 2014.

The only difference I see between a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge is the word "Concierge". :DBoth lounges offer the same amenities with some DLs having a much better view.

Have a great b2b cruise Patti. :)

Thanks Nancy. First time for us in the Med, so we are really looking forward to it.

How I wish, but then, they might not want to hear what we have to say!!:p We do have a Pinnacle contact at C&A in Springfield Oregon that we can contact with specific questions.

As some have already mentioned, there are additional benefits provided to Diamond Plus members as they advance towards the 700 point goal. Putting a name to those levels seems, to me at least, little more than a salve for those whose egos need reinforcement.

Exactly. While its burdensome to sit on deck bragging about how you are so far past D+ that you get this and that perk, its much more convenient to go with "well, we're Zirconium, and that means our opinions are always correct"

Not the same of course and it's just another case of taking something away from us after we have earned the benefit. We've been bumped back twice now. I think if it happened a 3rd time I would have to reconsider the 6 cruises I have booked through September 2014.

If that is how you feel and why you cruise with RCI (for the alleged status afforded to your C&A status) pehaps you should reconsider, though if you have 6 cruises booked with them over the next twelve months I would have hoped your reason was that you enjoyed their cruise product and not because it would get you closer to the highest level in Crown and Anchor.

The only difference I see between a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge is the word "Concierge". :DBoth lounges offer the same amenities with some DLs having a much better view.

Thank you Patti, but only in the CL is there a full bar and beer. The Diamond Lounges we have been in only offer wine and soft drinks. (Has this changed?) Also the CL has a specialty coffee maker, computer access and of course the actual Concierge with all of the services he/she offers -- not just the word. I'm sure I've missed some other perks too but the point is that taking it away once D+ has earned it is not fair. (Might not be so bad if it had not happened to us twice already.)

Enjoy you cruise, as I know you will.

Thank you Patti, but only in the CL is there a full bar and beer. The Diamond Lounges we have been in only offer wine and soft drinks. (Has this changed?) Also the CL has a specialty coffee maker, computer access and of course the actual Concierge with all of the services he/she offers -- not just the word. I'm sure I've missed some other perks too but the point is that taking it away once D+ has earned it is not fair. (Might not be so bad if it had not happened to us twice already.)

You are talking about a Diamond Event. From this link http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf you can see which ships have had a "true" Diamond Lounge added during their enhancements and which ships will eventually have a Diamond Lounge. Vision is currently in dry dock have her enhancements added.

On those ships that have had a Diamond Lounge added, you get the same amenities as you do in the CL from a Specialty Coffee Machine that is usually available 24/7, continental breakfast, cocktail hour with the same offerings as you will find in the CL and a dedicated Diamond Concierge.

I have a feeling you have never been on an Oasis class ship to experience the CL.

It has been brought to your attention a few times that both lounges do not offer the same amenities on these ships, however you will not state that. We all look to you for accurate information as demonstrated over the years:)

Enjoy your cruise.

No.

Thanks Nancy. First time for us in the Med, so we are really looking forward to it.

How I wish, but then, they might not want to hear what we have to say!!:p We do have a Pinnacle contact at C&A in Springfield Oregon that we can contact with specific questions.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of a special contact. Maybe RCI will share that with the rest of us some day.

Enjoy the Med! It's a special place, with food to die for!:D

It sounds like you have not been in a dedicated Diamond Lounge, but at the Nightly Diamond Event. The DL is equipped the same as a CL, with the same amenities and perks, including a concierge. After Vision is done this month, I believe there are only 5 ships left without a Diamond Lounge.

It sounds like you have not been in a dedicated Diamond Lounge, but at the Nightly Diamond Event. The DL is equipped the same as a CL, with the same amenities and perks, including a concierge. After Vision is done this month, I believe there are only 5 ships left without a Diamond Lounge.

As with many things, RCI is not always consistent between ships. The Allure has a Diamond Lounge but alcohol is served in one of the nite clubs.

Enjoy your cruise.

This new level could include benefits that are midlevel Diamond Plus Benefits: such as Dinner with an officer, 150% Single Supplement, 3 Cabin Amenity Choices, etc.
We get the first two at 340 credits along with a second amenity. At 525, we get a 3rd amenity.

I have a feeling you have never been on an Oasis class ship to experience the CL.

It has been brought to your attention a few times that both lounges do not offer the same amenities on these ships, however you will not state that. We all look to you for accurate information as demonstrated over the years:)

Enjoy your cruise.

You are correct, we have not experienced Oasis class yet but I am fully aware that the CL and the DL are different from all the wonderful reports back here on CC. But we are talking about 2 ships out of a fleet of 21. When Oasis and Allure went into service they were both equipped with a DL and a CL.

My reference above was to differentiate a Diamond Event to a Diamond Lounge something that did not occur on either ship when they were brought into service.

Sort of like a business where you give someone a new title without giving hime additional benefits or compensation.:confused:

If you recall, that's exactly what happened when Pinnacle Tier was created, and being an original member, I can guarantee, it was, indeed, called a new tier level by Crown & Anchor. We had no new benefits in January, 2011, when Pinnacle was announced -- not until the Pinnacle Event dinner at Richard Fain's in November, 2011, was the Gold card introduced, with the addition of the benefits mentioned in previous posts here. While it is primarily a recognition, it is and always has been a tier level.

No.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of a special contact. Maybe RCI will share that with the rest of us some day.

Enjoy the Med! It's a special place, with food to die for!:D

Just call the D+ desk and ask to speak to the person in charge of PC Members.

Archived