White Night Party

Jancruz

We are cruising on the Quest in February doing the 8 nite California Costal..I do have a question as I havent been on Quest since Larry took it over..do they always have a white nite party so I can be prepared..

Jancruz1

There was one on the Journey and the cruise materials advised that there would be one. I believe it is standard fare on all Azamara cruises.

IMO it was a dud. Very few people were dressed in white (15-20% at most -- I think I am being generous). The weather was iffy (cold and windy) so they moved the event inside. Food (outdoor buffet), however, was delicious. Fabulous fried shrimp.

Perhaps the weather dampened spirits and I imagine enthusiasm for the event varies from cruise to cruise.

I'm sorry your White Night party was "a dud" Laraine but I have to say that the White Night Party is usually the stand out night of the cruise. Of course, the weather is an essential factor and it's never as much fun when it's moved indoors. Jancruz, if you are on Quest and Russ is your CD then be prepared for lots of high energy dancing! :)

The food is great and the officers do a lot of the barbecuing. The atmosphere on deck is lovely and the crew decorate it with lots of White Balloons.

In my experience of many White Nights most people try to wear at least something white, but it doesn't matter if you don't.

I have very happy memories of a particular White Night a couple of years ago. You could say it changed my life! :D:D:D

I'm sorry your White Night party was "a dud" Laraine but I have to say that the White Night Party is usually the stand out night of the cruise. Of course, the weather is an essential factor and it's never as much fun when it's moved indoors. Jancruz, if you are on Quest and Russ is your CD then be prepared for lots of high energy dancing! :)

The food is great and the officers do a lot of the barbecuing. The atmosphere on deck is lovely and the crew decorate it with lots of White Balloons.

In my experience of many White Nights most people try to wear at least something white, but it doesn't matter if you don't.

I have very happy memories of a particular White Night a couple of years ago. You could say it changed my life! :D:D:D

I was sorry too-- I am sure weather had a lot to do with it.

The food, however, was great and the officers were very involved in bbqing and serving. I do not recall seeing any decorations on deck -- again, perhaps weather-related.

Yes, they always have the White Nights Party and as Lottie above posted they are a LOT of fun and Russ does his very best, and succeeds in making it high energy with a LOT of dancing and fun. I also agree however, that when it is moved inside due to bad weather, the event is not anywhere near as much fun. We have experienced both.

I certainly love the white nights. The wearing of white is as the ship' officers regularly state, an option so I would never judge a night on the % that wear white. Certainly the indoor white nights are never quite as good, there is something about the outdoor atmosphere, the white tablecloths and the general camaraderie - even when overlooking cranes loading coal hoppers as was the case in Colombia on one great night

I can imagine the weather makes a big difference. On one trip in November from Venice to Athens they didn't do one as it was too cold. On the last trip they moved it forward as the wind was going to get up the following evening. We had it as we sailed through the Suez rather than in the Mediterranean. I have enjoyed all of the White Night evenings that we've had as the weather has been kind.

Phil

I have been on two Azamara cruises but there was not a white night's party

on either of them. What happens if one doesn't want/is unable to attend - is there dinner as usual in all the various places?

Hapicruisin

Normal dinner in the MDR and Specialties. Not sure if they still do a themed buffet in Windows Cafe.

Phil

Normal dinner in the MDR and Specialties. Not sure if they still do a themed buffet in Windows Cafe.

Phil

If I recall there was no buffet at all in Windows the night of the White Night Party. YOu could eat inside, but all the food was on the Pool Deck.

Thanks all of you..I will at least have my husband take a white shirt..I do have white slacks and shirt..I am not hopeful for good weather as February is very iffy in CA and often is cold and rainy..of course there is always the exception where the sun is out..

Jancruz1

We always look forward to and enjoy the White Nights - though we have always been fortunate enough to have these outside.I think holding them inside would significantly affect the atmosphere - but, of course, it all depends on the weather.

On our last cruise in June I would guess that 70-80% of guests were wearing something white ( I didn't see any sheets or pillowcases though on one cruise two guests (whose luggage hadn't arrived) were wearing white Azamara boiler-suits, as worn by the maintenance crew !!). I think that "English Tim" posted a video of the night.

The crew work very hard to set things up for the evening - moving tables and chairs from Windows and the Sunset bar to the Pool deck and to deck 10 (around the jogging track) and then, of course, they have to move them all back ready for breakfast.

Yes, they always have the White Nights Party and as Lottie above posted they are a LOT of fun and Russ does his very best, and succeeds in making it high energy with a LOT of dancing and fun.

Is there a White Nights Party on cruises when Tony Markey is the CD? I always seem to miss out on having Russ or Eric as CD.

Is there a White Nights Party on cruises when Tony Markey is the CD? I always seem to miss out on having Russ or Eric as CD.

Absolutely, my all time favourite one I mentioned was hosted by Tony, he really throws himself into the evening, it's great fun

Absolutely, my all time favourite one I mentioned was hosted by Tony, he really throws himself into the evening, it's great fun

We had a great one on the Indonsia cruise this January. Tony supplied all with sarongs. Had locals showing how to wear them.

Weather perfect. Had a great time with crew joining in singing and dancing.

Nothing like a party under the stars.

We've just returned from the Journey (Turquoise Coast) and had an excellent White Nights party on deck hosted by Tony Markey.

Must admit though we ate in the MDR then went on deck and had our dessert from the buffet, Crepes Suzette served by Heike!

We've just returned from the Journey (Turquoise Coast) and had an excellent White Nights party on deck hosted by Tony Markey.

Must admit though we ate in the MDR then went on deck and had our dessert from the buffet, Crepes Suzette served by Heike!

Hi mara01, Great idea to have dinner in MDR first then dessert and party afterwards, that's def the way to go for us, thanks so much.

Hapicruisin

Thank you all for your quick feedback about evenings with Tony as CD. My next cruise has a couple overnight stays in port, so hopefully one of those nights we will be fortunate to have good weather and a great party.

Just came off the seven day RT Rome-Amalfi Coast on Quest. There was a White Night party the first night of our stopover in Sorrento.

Beautiful evening - upward of 50% of guests dressed in white. The pool deck was nicely decorated, and there was a very well-done Mediterranean buffet...we know the mussels were fresh at the made to order action station, because we saw the crew bringing them on board that morning as we tendered. All of the food was delicious - fresh grilled calamari steaks were my favorite.

In addition to shipboard entertainers (the band and singers, piano player) a local tenor came aboard and did several solos of well known Italian Opera - nice touch. The ship's top officers also put on a show by making crepes suzette to order.

Here is a picture of our family to show what we wore - keep in mind it was low 70's and picture perfect weather.

1409174549_whitenight.jpg.74f1df873c004c7b539deeb574913efa.jpg

Archived