Royal Princess has reported she lost power in the Med!

MR NW GUY

David,

I don't see Live thread either...they should probably be on board by now, hopefully enjoying a nice embarkation lunch!

Pia said a while back that she was flying to Barcelona on Wednesday so if her computer was working she probably would have started posting from her hotel.

I also keep refreshing the general Princess site looking for her "Live From" but haven't found anything. Maybe her computer isn't working so well after all. :(

Do you have the link to share?

David,

I don't see Live thread either...they should probably be on board by now, hopefully enjoying a nice embarkation lunch!

It's not on yet, but Pia posted on her Roll Call from Barcelona that her computer issues were fixed and that she would indeed be doing a Live thread for her cruise. We just have to wait now for the thread to begin... :D

David, wanted to tell you I lost my beloved 19 year old cat Maxie two nights ago. I know we have had a few conversations about our loves. It was awful. Ended up at a ER vet with her which I hope never to see again. If my cruise was leaving any earlier then 11/17 I don't know that I would be up for it.

So very sorry to hear about Maxie. I know the pain involved as I have lost two cats to medical issues. I still miss Black Kitty even after 8 months, and she was put to sleep back in January. It does take a while to get past the loss.

Would be interested to hear what made your cruise on the Ruby disappointing. I loved my cruise on her, and thought she was a fabulous ship.

Karen

After reading glowing reviews of Ruby Princess for months, I embarked with expectations that were probably unrealistic. The bad service literally started on the very first day and stretched on for the entire week; everywhere from the Guest Relations Desk on multiple occasions, the Horizon Court literally every day starting with breakfast, and the Crown Grill. The first night in the Da Vinci MDR was an epic tale of incredibly slow, bad service and I never went back. The food was just barely 'average', even in the acclaimed International Cafe, Prego's pizza on the Lido Deck, and the Horizon Court (whose design I absolutely hated). The best meals I had all week were at Sabatini's and the Trident Grill's hamburgers. And the ship felt incredibly crowded and claustrophobic, but I'm guessing some might call it 'intimate'. I still think the Ruby Princess is a very pretty ship, but that particular cruise rates as one of my least favorite of all time. That was only cruise #48 for me, and if that had been my first and only cruise with Princess I wouldn't ever consider them again. I know now that it was probably a 'one off' situation, so after some thought after I got back decided to keep my booking on Royal Princess. It will be interesting comparing the two ships and their designs when I am actually, physically standing on the ship in person and in the flesh, and not just looking at pictures or surmising what I may like or be disappointed in.

So very sorry to hear about Maxie. I know the pain involved as I have lost two cats to medical issues. I still miss Black Kitty even after 8 months, and she was put to sleep back in January. It does take a while to get past the loss.

Thanks David!!

Hi Dave,

i was really surprised at your experience on the Ruby. We did the TA on her in 2011 and thought she was a beautiful ship and the crew was fabulous. Not a single complaint. So many of us enjoyed it so much we booked the Royal this year. Just goes to show ya, you never know from one cruise to another or one person's perspective to another. On some cruises the food was just okay, the buffet food was barely warm, on others like the last one we took on the Sapphire, it was great. My kids sailed on the Coral recently and said the food in the dining room was so exceptional they felt the money they spent in the specialty restaurants was a waste of money, and they eat at the finest restaurants in California.

I look forward to seeing what your impressions are when you sail on the Royal. I will be on her for the TA. Of course, it's all subjective, right?

Thanks for all your help keeping the excitement alive for us, and even your visits in our roll call now are always welcomed. I hope to sail with you one day, you are a gentleman and a scholar in my book.

Eileen

...I lost my beloved 19 year old cat Maxie two nights ago. I know we have had a few conversations about our loves. It was awful. Ended up at a ER vet with her which I hope never to see again. If my cruise was leaving any earlier then 11/17 I don't know that I would be up for it.
So sorry to hear this. I lost my Rickie while on a cruise a year ago (she'd had cancer for two years that was in remission with medication but suddenly reappeared) and my Sandy (a sweet orange Maine coon) to cancer three weeks ago. You lose a piece of yourself when your pet passes away. :( I have Sophia, a rescue, who will be lonely while I'm away but I have a great pet sitting service that will take care of her and I'll adopt after getting back home.

Pets enrich your life but it's sometimes difficult to leave them.

Hi Eileen,

THANKS for the kind words! And as many have said two people on the same ship can have completely different outcomes to their vacation. I experienced that myself. But I do look forward to a brand new ship and the chance to explore her from top to bottom.

And as Bob said.... :D

...it's almost time.....:):):)

I see Pia's LIVE thread is up now! This is going to be fun. :D And as much as we hate to see their cruise come to an end....

30 Days until Royal Princess arrives Fort Lauderale!!! :D

So sorry to hear this. I lost my Rickie while on a cruise a year ago (she'd had cancer for two years that was in remission with medication but suddenly reappeared) and my Sandy (a sweet orange Maine coon) to cancer three weeks ago. You lose a piece of yourself when your pet passes away. :( I have Sophia, a rescue, who will be lonely while I'm away but I have a great pet sitting service that will take care of her and I'll adopt after getting back home.

Ain't THAT the truth!!! :D

Thanks so much Pam, I can't imagine loosing one while away, what agony you must have felt, so sorry you had to experience that. So sorry you lost Sandy just 3 weeks ago. I had a Main Coon as a teenager and they are very unique cats. Mine too are all rescues. I have 6 others. My 19 year old was a white deaf cat (without blue eyes) whose mama took up with me. As soon as I realized she was deaf (while taking a ride on my vacuum cleaner) I knew she was going to no one but me. I have so many wonderful memories to take with me. I think I'm going to max myself at 6 at one time for now, unless I ran across another white, deaf cat that needed a home. If you ever decide to become Pam in SC let me know and I'll pet sit while you are cruising!!LOL. Can't wait to hear your reports when you sail on The Royal soon. I find myself agreeing with most all your posts so I have a feeling my views will be similar to yours when my week comes up 11/17.

Do you have the link to share? Can't wait to hear their thoughts. David, wanted to tell you I lost my beloved 19 year old cat Maxie two nights ago. I know we have had a few conversations about our loves. It was awful. Ended up at a ER vet with her which I hope never to see again. If my cruise was leaving any earlier then 11/17 I don't know that I would be up for it.

Gracie, I'm so sorry for your loss. When our cat Buddy died several years back, we were besides ourselves for such a long time.

Gracie, I'm so sorry for your loss. When our cat Buddy died several years back, we were besides ourselves for such a long time.

Thanks Benny!! Funny I think of you as my almost went on a cruise with "Buddy"!!LOL

Maybe all of us cat lovers need to check about doing a cat lovers group cruise!!

Do you have the link to share? Can't wait to hear their thoughts. David, wanted to tell you I lost my beloved 19 year old cat Maxie two nights ago. I know we have had a few conversations about our loves. It was awful. Ended up at a ER vet with her which I hope never to see again. If my cruise was leaving any earlier then 11/17 I don't know that I would be up for it.

Our deepest condolences at loss of your beloved companion. Currently living in our household with 4 dogs and 3 cats we know how deeply the loss of one is felt when they pass on. Enjoy your cruise on the Royal. Its been a few years since our Ruby cruise but think of you often. We still treasure the lovely picture you sent us.

Our deepest condolences at loss of your beloved companion. Currently living in our household with 4 dogs and 3 cats we know how deeply the loss of one is felt when they pass on. Enjoy your cruise on the Royal. Its been a few years since our Ruby cruise but think of you often. We still treasure the lovely picture you sent us.

Thanks Lori, great to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying the pictures!! Maybe we will cruise together again!!

You're right. However, it was a very port-intensive cruise and I was onboard only to sleep those eight days. They would temporarily repair it so I wasn't totally without a working toilet. Plus, IMHO, a lot depends on how the cruise line responds. Princess gave me a huge credit towards a future cruise... enough to almost pay for a 12-night cruise. In contrast, on Celebrity, I didn't have a working toilet for three full days (all sea days) and their only response was, "You, too?" That was the sum total of their customer service.

Ouch!

Hi Dave' date='

i was really surprised at your experience on the Ruby. We did the TA on her in 2011 and thought she was a beautiful ship and the crew was fabulous. Not a single complaint. So many of us enjoyed it so much we booked the Royal this year. Just goes to show ya, you never know from one cruise to another or one person's perspective to another. On some cruises the food was just okay, the buffet food was barely warm, on others like the last one we took on the Sapphire, it was great. My kids sailed on the Coral recently and said the food in the dining room was so exceptional they felt the money they spent in the specialty restaurants was a waste of money, and they eat at the finest restaurants in California.

I look forward to seeing what your impressions are when you sail on the Royal. I will be on her for the TA. Of course, it's all subjective, right?

Thanks for all your help keeping the excitement alive for us, and even your visits in our roll call now are always welcomed. I hope to sail with you one day, you are a gentleman and a scholar in my book.

Eileen[/quote']

Here's a question I have wanted to ask for a long time, about which perhaps you have some insight: are TA's (or any repo's) often (or ever?) less fully-booked than round-trip cruises? I have always assumed they would be. Are they the cases in which same number of staff + fewer pax = better service, less claustrophobia?

You lose a piece of yourself when your pet passes away. :( I have Sophia, a rescue, who will be lonely while I'm away but I have a great pet sitting service that will take care of her and I'll adopt after getting back home.

'Rescued' is my FAVORITE breed! <3

Sent using Tapatalk 2 'cause it works on iOS 7 :D

Here's a question I have wanted to ask for a long time, about which perhaps you have some insight: are TA's (or any repo's) often (or ever?) less fully-booked than round-trip cruises? I have always assumed they would be. Are they the cases in which same number of staff + fewer pax = better service, less claustrophobia?

Our Ruby TA in 2011 was pretty fully booked and the Royal next week seems to be the same.

It's not like holiday cruises where most berths are full (3 and 4 person cabins) but pretty much all cabins are full.

Not many kids as they are usually in school.

Our Ruby TA in 2011 was pretty fully booked and the Royal next week seems to be the same.

It's not like holiday cruises where most berths are full (3 and 4 person cabins) but pretty much all cabins are full.

Not many kids as they are usually in school.

I agree. Long repositioning cruises with lots of sea days used to go begging for passengers but no longer. Cruise lines have gotten smart and included new and interesting ports which are attractive. Longer repositioning cruises are often filled in advance. And, you'll find a lot of older, retired passengers plus lots of Platinum/Elite. It's not unusual for over half the ship to be Platinum/Elite.

There are usually large, active roll calls who plan many events. On our upcoming Royal T/A, there are 471 on the roll call. Planned are a M&G, luncheon, afternoon tea, "Online Community Tips & Tricks" talk which I'm giving, slot pull, a M&G for those also on the Royal 9/14 T/A, and a farewell cocktail party. We're going to be very busy with a CC event planned for just about every sea day. :) This is why I now cruise.

Thanks Benny!! Funny I think of you as my almost went on a cruise with "Buddy"!!LOL

Maybe all of us cat lovers need to check about doing a cat lovers group cruise!!

So true, we have almost cruised together. A cat lovers cruise is a great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY-- we are seasoned cruisers but we have 6 other newbies joining us on Royal,, first time ever for them, Nov 24th East Caribbean, 7 days.

We were so hoping they fall in love with cruising like we have.....

I told them it's a brand new ship, surely we wont have to go pooh in a baggy and eat tuna from a can,,YIKES!!!! then I see the report of Royal losing power,,..... plZ lord fix all the buggers before Ft. Lauderdale!!:eek:

OH MY-- we are seasoned cruisers but we have 6 other newbies joining us on Royal,, first time ever for them, Nov 24th East Caribbean, 7 days.

We were so hoping they fall in love with cruising like we have.....

I told them it's a brand new ship, surely we wont have to go pooh in a baggy and eat tuna from a can,,YIKES!!!! then I see the report of Royal losing power,,..... plZ lord fix all the buggers before Ft. Lauderdale!!:eek:

They don't need to worry - even without the power, people on the ship were reporting they were well taken care of. No canned tuna, etc.

Archived