Royal Princess has reported she lost power in the Med!

MR NW GUY

I was on the Royal Princess until yesterday when Princess transported me along with many others to Barcelona. Problem was that there is a Pharmaceutical Convention in Barcelona with 60000 attending and Princess was unable to find rooms for all the passengers. So, some stayed on the ship and extra night, others went to Rome, others went right home. No grumbling or complaining by anyone! Captain was wonderful, explaining everything to us. All services continued on the ship - - entertainment, dancing, etc. Every one in good spirits. And Princess was very generous in compensation. Next sailing should be okay. Apparently they needed a day and a HALF to make the repairs. BTW, ship is gorgeous. Had a great 8 days. Deluxe Balcony cabin very nice. Any questions - - I'll try to answer.

Hi Firststatecruiser,

In as much as your cruise came to an unfortunate early end, it sounds like you were taken care of quite well and I do hope the time you had on Royal Princess was wonderful.

I would love to hear about your experiences with any of the dining facilities and eateries, especially if you had the chance to eat outside of the MDR, as well as your experiences with the different entertainment venues.

:D

I was on the Royal Princess until yesterday when Princess transported me along with many others to Barcelona. Problem was that there is a Pharmaceutical Convention in Barcelona with 60000 attending and Princess was unable to find rooms for all the passengers. So, some stayed on the ship and extra night, others went to Rome, others went right home. No grumbling or complaining by anyone! Captain was wonderful, explaining everything to us. All services continued on the ship - - entertainment, dancing, etc. Every one in good spirits. And Princess was very generous in compensation. Next sailing should be okay. Apparently they needed a day and a HALF to make the repairs. BTW, ship is gorgeous. Had a great 8 days. Deluxe Balcony cabin very nice. Any questions - - I'll try to answer.

Thank you for the update.

Safe travels home.

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you had an enjoyable cruise despite the early end to it. Sounds like Princess took good care of you.:)

Did you by any chance get to try the Crab Shack? (my question) and did you visit the Pastry Shop. ( hubby's question) :D

An economist would tell you just the opposite -- buy when the stock drops because of temporary consumer nervousness. Think twice about buying when the price drops due to bad fundamentals. Don't worry, it's probably not only cruisers who say to themselves, "This company is experiencing bad earnings, so it's a good time to invest!"

Hope springs eternal... ;)

Very smart investor!!!That`s what you do.

No grumbling or complaining by anyone! Captain was wonderful, explaining everything to us. All services continued on the ship - - entertainment, dancing, etc. Every one in good spirits. And Princess was very generous in compensation. Next sailing should be okay. Apparently they needed a day and a HALF to make the repairs. BTW, ship is gorgeous. Had a great 8 days. Deluxe Balcony cabin very nice. Any questions - - I'll try to answer.
I wouldn't grumble or complain either if I got 8 days of a 12 day cruise, a full refund, and 25% towards my next cruise.

Just got back from 10 days of sailing (sometimes floating) on the Royal Princess. Spent the last 30 hours traveling back to Los Angeles from Naples. I will make this very brief since I am extremely tired. The first seven days went off without a hitch, other then some real design flaws on the ship, no promenade, no mid aft staircase, etc...

As far as the dining, I thought this was the highlight of the trip. Our waiter James, and his assistant Marlo did a great job, as did Carlos there supervisor. After day 7 it went downhill after trying to leave Mykonos, Greece. They had an anchor problem, which could of cause all the future electrical problems by burning up this motor. Anyways, I had to cut my vacation short, but felt that Princess had our safety as there highest priority. They also, put there best foot forward by giving us a 100% refund, and an additional 25% of our total for this cruise that could be applied on any additional cruises. I hope the Sept 27 cruise goes off without a hitch, and this great vessel has many more memories from there cruise customers.

Beginning her transit of the Strait of Bonifacio between Corsica and Sardinia...

9945939334_401bac5187_b.jpg

Can you tell how fast she is traveling? Curious if they are at full power as Princess has not given any update as to whether issue is resolved or not. We leave for Barcelona in 6 hours.

Seems Princess handled passengers and communications well. My brother and SIL are on board (or were!). They posted on FB "we saw four countries, some amazing sights, ate very well, all for free"! If people are generally satisfied with outcomes that says a lot.

Can you tell how fast she is traveling? Curious if they are at full power as Princess has not given any update as to whether issue is resolved or not. We leave for Barcelona in 6 hours.

Because of the distance between ports, and the time frame to get from one to the other, the required speed to get to Barcelona Friday morning is a lot less than what her normal cruising speed or 'full power' speed would be.

With that said her is a current screen shot from Marine Traffic:

se6ahera.jpg

Just got back from 10 days of sailing (sometimes floating) on the Royal Princess. Spent the last 30 hours traveling back to Los Angeles from Naples. I will make this very brief since I am extremely tired. The first seven days went off without a hitch, other then some real design flaws on the ship, no promenade, no mid aft staircase, etc...

As far as the dining, I thought this was the highlight of the trip. Our waiter James, and his assistant Marlo did a great job, as did Carlos there supervisor. After day 7 it went downhill after trying to leave Mykonos, Greece. They had an anchor problem, which could of cause all the future electrical problems by burning up this motor. Anyways, I had to cut my vacation short, but felt that Princess had our safety as there highest priority. They also, put there best foot forward by giving us a 100% refund, and an additional 25% of our total for this cruise that could be applied on any additional cruises. I hope the Sept 27 cruise goes off without a hitch, and this great vessel has many more memories from there cruise customers.

Seems Princess handled passengers and communications well. My brother and SIL are on board (or were!). They posted on FB "we saw four countries, some amazing sights, ate very well, all for free"! If people are generally satisfied with outcomes that says a lot.

More reports of Princess handling the breakdown and termination of the cruise with great support for their dissapointed customers is great to hear.

Thanks to both of you for keeping us updated.:D

Because of the distance between ports, and the time frame to get from one to the other, the required speed to get to Barcelona Friday morning is a lot less than what her normal cruising speed or 'full power' speed would be.

se6ahera.jpg

Thanks for the screen shot. :D She looks to be on time.

She's also carrying a lot less weight in terms of passengers and luggage, so no need to crank the engines either as power demand will also be much lower.

se6ahera.jpg

Hope it lives up to your expectations - sadly it did not meet ours!!!

It is too bad you didn't have a good time on your cruise. But at least when so etching goes wrong, Princess takesc are of its passengers. It could have ended up like the Carnival Triumph, but it didn't. We have had a cruise cancelled right after the big fire on the Star, but that hasn't caused a bad experience with Princess. We ended up on RCLand it was horrible. Now we are in Barcelona waiting for the Royal's arrival tomorrow morning. Yippee!

Archived