Royal Princess has reported she lost power in the Med!

MR NW GUY

Royal Princess Update – Sept. 24

12 pm Pacific Time

Today Royal Princess remains in Naples as passengers continue to disembark the ship and travel home. We have appreciated our passengers’ patience and understanding as they’ve waited to receive their onward travel details being arranged by our shore team. Again, we are sincerely sorry for this unexpected disruption to their vacation.

After a technical assessment of the repairs required, we are pleased to report that the next cruise, voyage 1329 departing this Friday, is planned to operate as scheduled from Barcelona. The repairs will be made as the ship sails from Naples to Barcelona.

We look forward to welcoming our passengers onboard Royal Princess on Friday. The ship will depart at 7 pm as scheduled. The next cruise is a 12-day Mediterranean sailing ending in Venice.

Great news!! So happy for all of our CC friends that are en-route or soon to be for sailings this Friday!! I wish you all a wonderful cruise and can't wait to read Pia's Live Thread!!

Since the TA starts in Venice, I would hope they'd move the ship there for us.;) A little further than the harbor (Barcelona).

I hope they'd at least do a 'shakedown' cruise around the Med before sailing for Florida.

As someone else posted they'll probably have technicians & spare parts onboard before sailing with passengers. I was surprised to read posts saying they had a replacement for a malfunctioning anchor mechanism when they couldn't retract the anchor departing Mykonos.

Just read the update & so happy to read that those on the 12 day will be able to embark on Friday! :D

Bulldog is giving good advice. CCL is down $2.58 USD at the time of this posting. Mostly because of bad financials reported today, not so much because of the problem on the Royal.

The stock analysts are all down on CCL stock because of lagging booking and revenue projections in 2014. Maybe Bulldog knows something they don't about a turnaround. The analysts actually like RCL right now as their profit margins are widening and the insiders are buying up more stock. I wouldn't buy either of them.

The stock analysts are all down on CCL stock because of lagging booking and revenue projections in 2014. Maybe Bulldog knows something they don't about a turnaround. The analysts actually like RCL right now as their profit margins are widening and the insiders are buying up more stock. I wouldn't buy either of them.

Cruise industry stocks are like Airline industry stocks, not real good for investing as it's too volatile.

Cruise industry stocks are like Airline industry stocks, not real good for investing as it's too volatile.

Agree, I suppose that if they are a part of a diversified portfolio, they might make some sense. They seem pretty speculative as stand alones.

In any case, great news for those on the next voyage. I am still hoping that some of the bad news and reviews for the Royal lead to lower prices for those of us booked beyond final payment date.

To the several folks who just posted, I do hope I won't disappoint you. Not all LIVES are to everyone's taste.

We received our email from Princess about an hour ago, so our packed suitcases are now locked. I warned Mike that he had better not sneak one more ounce into them. He has a habit of doing that. :(

See you all on Friday night, whether it be in person or on CC. Will start the thread asap.

To the several folks who just posted, I do hope I won't disappoint you. Not all LIVES are to everyone's taste.

We received our email from Princess about an hour ago, so our packed suitcases are now locked. I warned Mike that he had better not sneak one more ounce into them. He has a habit of doing that. :(

See you all on Friday night, whether it be in person or on CC. Will start the thread asap.

Wish there was a like button!! I'm sure those of us setting sail after you will love and appreciate any breadcrumb you drop our way good or bad!! Have a great cruise!!

Sorry, Paul -- you received a lot of flak for this comment. Perhaps your detractors would rather you had posted:

"Go ahead with the next scheduled sailing on an unsafe ship and let those schmucks onboard live with continued power outages, possible life-threatening inability to navigate in rough seas, and the potential for deadly fires onboard. Just keep sailing so no one is disappointed or loses money!"

Now that is unselfishness, right?

Well said. Thank you. Those detractors are the same ones who would: 1) go around a RR crossing gate when the gate is down and say "I really didn't think a train was coming" or 2) keep driving the car when the fuel indicator is way past E and say "Gee, I thought I had at least 5 more gallons", or 3) drive at 80 mph on the highway on bald tires and claim "I thought sure those tires had at least 5,000 more miles." :)

Paul

As and investment to make a ton of money? You are probably right, CCL stock is going to be lagging. However, as a Princess cruiser, I've already gotten far more in OBC then I could possibly ever get as dividends from the stock. Without putting up the figures, let's just say the stock has been paid for. At any rate,

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruises!

My mom and dad had exactly one cruise under their belts when she passed away. That cruise, a 3-night to the Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy to celebrate their anniversary, was the 'trip of a lifetime'. I had secretly upgraded them from a standard ocean view to the largest available suite on the ship. She talked about it for years, as if it were an Around the World Cruise. They had been as far as Bali, flown there by my brother on Garuda and had a wonderful time, but there was something about that single cruise that just hit the right mark with my mom. Their picture, exiting off of the gangway in Nassau, hangs above my work desk at home.

When she got real sick and I told the family I was cancelling my cruise on Sun Princess to be by her side, she literally threatened me "Don't you dare, I'll never forgive you!!! Tell me about it when you get back...", and she smiled and held my hand. So reluctantly I went, letting them know how to contact me just in case anything happened no matter how small. After I returned I told her all about my trip, and her eyes lit up like a child on Christmas Day! It was amazing and she was so thrilled! And five weeks later she was gone. I wish I could have done more. I wish I had cancelled that cruise but I didn't want to disappoint her. That was in 1997, and I still dream about my mom to this day. Someone told me that was her way of telling me that she's OK now. I miss her so much, and I'm just glad that I had a hand in her 'trip of a lifetime'.

Dave,

What a lovely gesture to surprise your parents with a suite. So like you, thoughtful and generous. I agree that your mom is letting you know she is okay. My mom died on Mother's Day 2002 and I talk to her everyday and miss her terribly. Bless you and hang on to those wonderful memories.

While they did send an email, they have not stated that Repairs will be done, they have used the term expect (see below from email). This does not give me a lot of confidence in what they are saying and leaving Thursday, with no Hotel or back up plan, does not bode all that well with me, as If i leave and they cancel then I am out vacation, airfare and stress, but I can not cancel, as they say I get no refund.

"and expect to complete the necessary repairs by your departure date"

Archived