HAL's Caribbean Season About to Get Underway.....

sail7seas

I was on another forum and this sort of thread came to my mind so thought I'd post here, as well.

Of all the Islands you have visited, which are your favorites OR those you the most hope to someday visit.

I've likely left a few off my list but remember, we've cruised for a great many years and these are the ones off the top of my head I remember visiting...... and the ones I like among the best.

How about you?

icon1.gif

I'm sure I'll miss some of the ports but we've been to almost every usual Caribbean port (most many multiple times), among them (in no particular order)

Nassau

Grand Bahama

santo domingo

St. Kitts

St. Lucia

St. Thomas

St. Maarten

San Juan

Key West

Montego Bay

Ocho Rios

Barbados

Cartegena

Caracas

Bonaire

Aruba

Curacao

Martinique

Antigua

St. Croix

St. Barts

Tortola

Costa Maya

San Blas Islands

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Grenada

Half Moon Cay

St. Vincent

Grand Turk

Dominica

Roatan

Guadaloupe

Guatamala

and who knows where else:

Among My favorites are:

Key West

Curacao

Aruba

St. Maarten

San Juan

St. Barts

Tortola

Cozumel

Half Moon Cay

or wherever the sun is shining, there's a gorgeous beach and a soft breeze. :)

Key West. It's the only Caribbean island I like. It's interesting, has some history, there are fun things to do, and it had some lovely breezes the time I was there.

I do also love HMC, but that isn't technically a Caribbean island.

Nassau is not technically a Caribbean island, either, I don't think.

I left off Bermuda as that surely does not qualify, as beautiful as it is. :)

I'm hoping someone will mention some other islands I've forgotten. I think my

goal here was to test my memory as to how many I could call up from the back of my memory bank without

using reference tool. :D :D

It will be our first time in December and we are looking forward to the experience. I am excited about San Juan, because of the history and architecture to see. And I booked a cabana at HMC, so I think that will be a lovely treat.

Only 62 more days until wheels up! :)

My current favorites are Key West and Curaçao. I just loved the sail into Willemstad and seeing the pretty colors on all the buildings. I loved Key West for its funky coolness :) We're off to discover some new islands in February, and some familiar ones as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

All are great choices. We haven't been to many of them but those that we have, we've loved them all. Some a bit less than others. The best would probably be St. John's.

It's such a shame that HAL has left the Caribbean from May through September. I do understand the financial aspect of the decision just sad that we can't go on HAL. While New England and Alaska are beautiful spots to cruise, it's of no interest to us. We want it hot and sticky. Because of their limited summer Caribbean cruises we're off to try other lines.

Dan

A few islands that we have visited and enjoyed are Saba, St Vincent, Mustique, Bequia,Statia and Prickley Pear. Saba was very interesting in that the islands population was seventy five percent Caucasian (Dutch) when we visited it in the 1980s.

Our favorite island was Mayreau in the Grenadines. We were on the old Pacific Princess aka Love Boat with a less than full ship, aprox. 275 pax. They brought ashore charcoal and grilled steaks, had a steel band and DW and I had to agree, it was one of the best days of our lives.

Funny to me to hear Key West described as a Caribbean Island! :)

To us, it's just part of the state ... much like Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket would be to Massaschusetts.

The islands I enjoyed the most were those I visited while sailing on a Windjammer: St. Barts. St. Kitts, St. Eustacius and Anguilla.

On cruise ships, my favorite ports are Curacao, Grenada and Dominica.

To us, it's just part of the state ... much like Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket would be to Massaschusetts...............

The same with Nassau and HMC, both in the Bahamas east of Miami, and even Bermuda which I have seen mentioned as being in the Caribbean when it is located east of NC. You're not in the Caribbean until you go south through the passage between Cuba and Haiti and enter the Caribbean Sea. Until then it's all the North Atlantic. :)

Our favorite island was Mayreau in the Grenadines. We were on the old Pacific Princess aka Love Boat with a less than full ship, aprox. 275 pax. They brought ashore charcoal and grilled steaks, had a steel band and DW and I had to agree, it was one of the best days of our lives.

I remember Mayreau -- we stopped there a couple of times on Princess cruises -- it was their first private island.

To us, it's just part of the state ... much like Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket would be to Massaschusetts.

Actually,

every usual Caribbean port
was what was written but, of course, we are aware Florida is not Caribbean. :D I think the point probably was obvious but if not, good you noticed. :)

Also useful to note Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket are also islands and part of the Commonwealth of

Massachsuetts. ;) Same as Key West is to State of Florida. I guess it makes the point lest anyone be confused.

The islands I enjoyed the most were those I visited while sailing on a Windjammer: St. Barts. St. Kitts, St. Eustacius and Anguilla.

On cruise ships, my favorite ports are Curacao, Grenada and Dominica.

A few islands that we have visited and enjoyed are Saba, St Vincent, Mustique, Bequia,Statia and Prickley Pear. Saba was very interesting in that the islands population was seventy five percent Caucasian (Dutch) when we visited it in the 1980s.

I would like to visit Mustique, Bequia and Saba. Little chance of that happening but how special you were able to see them.

Archived