Refused CC Upgrade

Big Wave Dave

I'm booked for a Celebrity cruise in March 2014 through a TL. As a Select Captains Club member, they gave me a one category upgrade on an outside cabin.

Recently noticed the pick your perk promotion and requested my TL change my reservation amenity to the Classic Beverage Package for two.

I simply asked the TL to change my initial amenity to the beverage package. TL advises Celebrity will not give me the CC cabin upgrade and will charge another $150. The same category cabins are still available on the same cruise.

Looks like Celebrity isn't bending on this one, just wanted to get the info out.

I'm booked for a Celebrity cruise in March 2014 through a TL. As a Select Captains Club member, they gave me a one category upgrade on an outside cabin.

Recently noticed the pick your perk promotion and requested my TL change my reservation amenity to the Classic Beverage Package for two.

I simply asked the TL to change my initial amenity to the beverage package. TL advises Celebrity will not give me the CC cabin upgrade and will charge another $150. The same category cabins are still available on the same cruise.

Looks like Celebrity isn't bending on this one, just wanted to get the info out.

Celebrity is simply following their rules. I once did an onboard booking and wanted to book a A1 at the A2 price. There was a OBC promotion at the time and I was told by the Future Cruise manager, who I've known for years, that it was an "either, or". I took the A1 at the A2 price since it was a better deal. In most cases you cannot combine offers.

Prices have been dropping on our upcoming Constellation cruises but because we had the Bev package and gratuities (1,2,3) included we were not able to buy an upgrade. We ditched the drinks, gratuities and any OBC (had used passage deposit) in order to purchase the upgrade to AQ. On one of our cruises the price for our OV has dropped by 50%, an AQ cabin is $300 less than our OV so we can't downgrade to an AQ cabin even if we give up both perks. Xonomics is sometimes difficult to fathom but we are studying the manual intensely for application to next year's booking plans. ;)

Prices have been dropping on our upcoming Constellation cruises but because we had the Bev package and gratuities (1,2,3) included we were not able to buy an upgrade. We ditched the drinks, gratuities and any OBC (had used passage deposit) in order to purchase the upgrade to AQ. On one of our cruises the price for our OV has dropped by 50%, an AQ cabin is $300 less than our OV so we can't downgrade to an AQ cabin even if we give up both perks. Xonomics is sometimes difficult to fathom but we are studying the manual intensely for application to next year's booking plans. ;)

Arno, I'd go to the mat with them on this. On our BI itinerary this spring, the price of an AQ1 dropped to less than the regular balcony cabin we had booked. We were allowed to upgrade. And we kept my Passages OBC.

Arno, I'd go to the mat with them on this. On our BI itinerary this spring, the price of an AQ1 dropped to less than the regular balcony cabin we had booked. We were allowed to upgrade. And we kept my Passages OBC.

Not a problem to have Passages OBC transferred in most cases. Each offer has its own restrictions and the OP was caught in one of those. However, I'd also fight. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. They just might do some "goodwill".

I believethe one category upgrade for Captain's club members from inside-inside or ov-ov is NOT swappable for a pick your perk offer.

We used our cap't club upgrade for our Millennium voyage and booked a Cat 4 OV for the price of a Cat 5. If you want a perk from the PYP, and the going rate for the cabin one category below your upgrade is more than when you booked, you will have to do the math and decide if the classic beverage package is worth any upcharge.

:confused: The Future Sales person on the Century told us that if we upgraded from our standard 2A on the Connie, that we could keep all of our perks. I was planning on watching pricing and if the AQ dropped, I was moving up.

Maybe your TA is not persistent enough?

Not a problem to have Passages OBC transferred in most cases. Each offer has its own restrictions and the OP was caught in one of those. However, I'd also fight. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. They just might do some "goodwill".

In addition to the Passages OBC, we also had some OBC from Celebrity which was part of a special offer. It transferred also.

Just booked with the pick your perk promotion, and received the beverage package AND the cat upgrade for being CC select. Did you book before the promotion began?

What is the 1 cat. upgrade all about? I didn't know about that. We are CC Elite and booked a cat 2A. Could we have an upgrade to a CC?

What is the 1 cat. upgrade all about? I didn't know about that. We are CC Elite and booked a cat 2A. Could we have an upgrade to a CC?

No.. Upgrades are only within the same category and restricted to certain ships. One might be able to upgrade from a C3 to C2 but not from a C2 to a C1... on M-class.

There are more restrictions than upgrade possibilities. :(

No.. Upgrades are only within the same category and restricted to certain ships. One might be able to upgrade from a C3 to C2 but not from a C2 to a C1... on M-class.

There are more restrictions than upgrade possibilities. :(

For being a member of Captain's Club, the only one-category upgrades permitted are Inside-Inside or OceanView-OceanView . It's confusing because the category upgrade for booking onboard includes verandas, concierge and AQ cabins (not sure about suites).

Thank you. Still not sure I understand. :rolleyes:

While onboard, I also booked a 5 night on the Constellation for next March. We booked a 2C. Received OBC and PYP, but no category upgrade. Should we have?

The reason might be that you have already gotten 2 perks. When we booked another cruise on "Constellation" we received the beverage package plus the upgrade from 2C to 2A ( paid for 2C, got 2A) but no OBC.

As far as I have understood the system is that you get OBC and an 2 category upgrade (AQ and suites excluded, Concierge just from C3 to C2) in general if you book onboard.

Any regular booking as a Captain's Club member gives you a 1 cat. upgrade but only for insides and outside cabins.

Some special promos add another perk - the best thing was in spring where we had OBC, a beverage package and paid gratuities :D:D !!

For being a member of Captain's Club, the only one-category upgrades permitted are Inside-Inside or OceanView-OceanView . It's confusing because the category upgrade for booking onboard includes verandas, concierge and AQ cabins (not sure about suites).

The reason might be that you have already gotten 2 perks. When we booked another cruise on "Constellation" we received the beverage package plus the upgrade from 2C to 2A ( paid for 2C, got 2A) but no OBC.

As far as I have understood the system is that you get OBC and an 2 category upgrade (AQ and suites excluded, Concierge just from C3 to C2) in general if you book onboard.

Any regular booking as a Captain's Club member gives you a 1 cat. upgrade but only for insides and outside cabins.

Some special promos add another perk - the best thing was in spring where we had OBC, a beverage package and paid gratuities :D:D !!

Just for the record, the category upgrade for booking onboard went away with the new program that was rolled out effective Aug 1. So for anyone that booked after that date or will book in the future it's a moot point. See this thread if you don't know what I'm talking about

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903077

I have a 2008 & 2010 Passages and both state:

Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value on $50-$300 per stateroom. Onboard credit value is based on the total cruise only fare minus taxes/fees and will be assigned

with in two business day after the ship and sailing date is selected. Onboard credit only applies to the guest stateroom listed on this confirmation. Guest forfeits the onboard

credit if booking cancels. I am looking at a cruise for two $2600.00 total. What would I be entitled to for an OBC at these 2008/2010 Passages quote?

I have a 2008 & 2010 Passages and both state:

I am looking at a cruise for two $2600.00 total. What would I be entitled to for an OBC at these 2008/2010 Passages quote?

OBC is based on length of cruise not the cost...

OBC is based on length of cruise not the cost...

Celebrity stated in my original post. that the original Passages purchase in 2008 and 2010 that it was total amount of cruise not the length. I copied and pasted the comment from the passages info provided me. The current Passages is now based on days. So am wondering what I would be entitled to under the old system based on a $2600.00 purchase without tax?

Celebrity stated in my original post. that the original Passages purchase in 2008 and 2010 that it was total amount of cruise not the length. I copied and pasted the comment from the passages info provided me. The current Passages is now based on days. So am wondering what I would be entitled to under the old system based on a $2600.00 purchase without tax?

Have you called Celebrity? My guess is at you would be entitled to what was offered on your Passages. I would see that as a contract, but I'm not a lawyer and I don't know if Celebrity made changes that might negate your coupon that were in their power to change. My guess is that they would honor what you have, but that's only a guess. Call X and report.

We were using passages back then and never experienced a $ priority for OBC

If you have the original document it should state the OBC or X could just simply say that you are entitled to $50. Our 14 night Feb. 2014 balcony cruise costs roughly $2200 pp and we are entitled to a $300 OBC based on a 14 day cruise.

Short 5 day cruises have an OBC of $50, 7 day $100, 14 day $300.

What is the length of your $1,300 pp cruise?

Archived