What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

• 1 year later...

A few days ago I got to thinking about this thread and finally found it (it was on page 284:eek:). I have reread it and thought about some of the great people I have met in person since this thread was started.

So, anybody new or who just missed it the first time around who would like to share the origin of their CC name?

When I was 11 years old, my parents took me to see "Auntie Mame" (Considered VERY risqué for a child at that time!) on Broadway. Even as a pre-adolescent, I quickly realized that I did not WANT an Auntie Mame... I wanted to BE Auntie Mame!

I've always enjoyed cooking special dinners but didn't particularly love daily meal prep. Then DD decided to be pescatarian which required some cooking research, planning and other fun stuff. Then she switched to vegetarian which required going back to the drawing board. When she went vegan, I had to start signing up to websites to track interesting recipes. It was a big challenge for me! When it came time to come up with a user name, I used chefestelle as a joke and I've used it ever since!

Ahhh, SammyGoose.

Our Dog died of old age and we decided to get back in the game again and went to a breeder to hopefully make a connection and get a puppy. So while we were there getting vetted- this dog -a whippet- made an appearance and she's all scarred up. I say so what is her story- they say she's a hard luck story- too old to be adopted (10) but too young to be put back with the other dogs- they gang up on her and they try to kill her. 3 attempts,really bad- so they had to segregate her. What a mess. So we left and stopped for lunch and decided to foresake the puppy and take the misfit senior dog. Spicewindtimeaftertime...turned into silly goose turned into SammyGoose and what a treasure she was for the 2 years we had her.

What a dog-a card trick,a party trick,a miracle she did it all.

That's why.

Love your story! As another poster mentioned it also brought tears to my eyes..

My sweet little one is 15 yrs. old, totally deaf, has a heart murmur, & water on her lungs but is doing quite well considering..Two weeks ago she had a mild stroke but recovered very quickly.. She still occasionally runs .. Vet says she may not recover from a stroke if she has one again..DH asked today if I wanted to get a Puppy when she goes over the "Rainbow Bridge"? It's only making me sad to think about it.. But after reading your story perhaps an older Pup would be the answer..

Just finished reading this entire thread & enjoyed all the fascinating stories..

Goodnight all, my little one just came to tell me it's time to take her out & put her to bed..

My "mrspeck" handle is a more easily pronounced version of Mr Speaect. (Speaect is German and was originally "Specht" before it was changed three generations ago.). The funny thing is that I didn't realize that it would end up usually being interpreted as "Mrs Peck". I, Mr Speck, I'm the only one that's ever on the boards. Mrs Peck relies on me for all things "cruise".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first posting in the foreign service was in the immigration section of the Commission for Canada to Hong Kong (now the Consulate General). At the time it was the largest Canadian immigration processing mission, and I was a front line officer in this machine. Literally a visa--grunt.

Although I left immigration for other government work (treaty negotiation) a few years ago, the handle is unique, and has served me well on just about every forum to which I belong.