No towel animals this week

TNIris

Just got onboard FOS, and there is a letter on our bed saying they gave the towel animal people the week off.

SERIOUSLY?!???

It says "the terrycloth crew is on vacation this week due to limited access to their onboard bath areas".

Whatever that means!!!

Just got onboard FOS, and there is a letter on our bed saying they gave the towel animal people the week off.

SERIOUSLY?!???

It says "the terrycloth crew is on vacation this week due to limited access to their onboard bath areas".

Whatever that means!!!

Must be some kind of joke.:confused:

I know it's just a little thing, but it's my mom's first cruise ever and my dad died on Tuesday, so trying to keep the "bummers" to a minimum this week. :)

We were on the Freedom at the end of August and one of the comments on our rollcall after the cruise was concerning towels. If we had a towel animal made from bath towels, we wouldn't have bath towels in the bathroom. We also had issues getting face cloths. Someone else on the rollcall commented about asking for extra towels and were told there was a problem with the dryers and towels not being ready quick enough. Maybe they are still having an issue so are temporarily discontinuing towel animals.

I know it's just a little thing, but it's my mom's first cruise ever and my dad died on Tuesday, so trying to keep the "bummers" to a minimum this week. :)

Maybe you can explain that to the room steward, and ask him or her to make one or two anyway? A bit of extra tip for the hassle--an let him know he can use the towels you would have in the bath, and not extras, if laundry is an issue.

More importantly, I am very sorry for your loss.

Apparently it's a cover-up for a job action:

Nearly 4,000 towel animals from Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas walked off the job at midnight on Saturday. According to the union representing the towel animals, UTA Local 50, contract talks between RCI, Freedom of the Seas' parent company, and the UTA have become stagnant, with the two sides far apart on many key issues. Chief among those issues are the cutbacks in hours worked, double duty as hand and wash clothes, and the switch to lower grade detergents. Negotiations began in January of this year. Union officials say RCI is out of touch with the cruise industry's booming economy and the company needs to adapt to remain competitive and maintain quality and safety levels. Freedom of the Seas will continue sailing throughout the strike but without those little terry cloth cuties. Management has asked the UDLA (United Dining Linen Animals) to fill the roles during the job action but UDLA representatives were skeptical of the plan.

We just got off Freedom this morning, and we too did not get any towel animals this past week. I agree - it is a 'first world' problem, but none the less we were disappointed. Even more upsetting - the SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM MACHINE WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR HALF OUR CRUISE!! They were resurfacing the floors on deck eleven by the pools, and had one side closed for half the week then the other for the second half. Unfortunately instead of moving the ice cream machine they just cordoned it off. People were upset! In the concierge lounge some of the guests got the Concierge involved! There was talk of a support group!

Nearly 4,000 towel animals from Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas walked off the job at midnight on Saturday. According to the union representing the towel animals, UTA Local 50, contract talks between RCI, Freedom of the Seas' parent company, and the UTA have become stagnant, with the two sides far apart on many key issues. Chief among those issues are the cutbacks in hours worked, double duty as hand and wash clothes, and the switch to lower grade detergents. Negotiations began in January of this year. Union officials say RCI is out of touch with the cruise industry's booming economy and the company needs to adapt to remain competitive and maintain quality and safety levels. Freedom of the Seas will continue sailing throughout the strike but without those little terry cloth cuties. Management has asked the UDLA (United Dining Linen Animals) to fill the roles during the job action but UDLA representatives were skeptical of the plan.

awesome!:D:p

apparently it's a cover-up for a job action:

Nearly 4,000 towel animals from royal caribbean's freedom of the seas walked off the job at midnight on saturday. According to the union representing the towel animals, uta local 50, contract talks between rci, freedom of the seas' parent company, and the uta have become stagnant, with the two sides far apart on many key issues. Chief among those issues are the cutbacks in hours worked, double duty as hand and wash clothes, and the switch to lower grade detergents. Negotiations began in january of this year. Union officials say rci is out of touch with the cruise industry's booming economy and the company needs to adapt to remain competitive and maintain quality and safety levels. Freedom of the seas will continue sailing throughout the strike but without those little terry cloth cuties. Management has asked the udla (united dining linen animals) to fill the roles during the job action but udla representatives were skeptical of the plan.

bravo! :D:D:D

I was on the Freedom for two weeks in September. I had the opposite problem.

I told my steward up front that I had cruised many times and that I didn't need towel animals, that he could just relax a little and not worry about towel animals for me.

HE MADE TOWEL ANIMALS EVERY SINGLE NIGHT FOR TWO WEEKS. (and there is NO chance that he did not understand me)

(the critters were a mix: sometimes he used some of my bathroom linens, and sometimes he used only other linens)

Very well done. I nominate this entry for the hotly contested "Post of the Week" contest.

Archived