Elite Drink Vouchers

charlielinda

Just discovered that on our cruise we will get drink vouchers.

I'm curious to see how much in advance you learn if you will have vouchers. Our next cruise is South America on Infinity January 5. I think it may be the kind of cruise that will have a lot of Elites so I am hoping that we will have vouchers.

I know you cant order in MDR but if you have a glass of wine can you carry it into the MDR? I have walked into a show with a drink i bought before deciding to go into a show, but i have not walked into the DR with a glass.

I'm curious to see how much in advance you learn if you will have vouchers. Our next cruise is South America on Infinity January 5. I think it may be the kind of cruise that will have a lot of Elites so I am hoping that we will have vouchers.

On the Equinox transatlantic last April I had strongly suspected that we would be issues vouchers instead of having the traditional elite cocktail gathering. We received an e-mail about seven to ten days before departure confirming that we indeed would be issued vouchers.

Does anyone else think that Celebrity is going this drink voucher route in order to get Elites used to the idea of not having a lounge? Perhaps Lounges in the future will only be used for Elite Plus. As RCI does with theiir Concierge Lounge.

Does anyone else think that Celebrity is going this drink voucher route in order to get Elites used to the idea of not having a lounge? Perhaps Lounges in the future will only be used for Elite Plus. As RCI does with theiir Concierge Lounge.

Probably. However, I believe that the motivation was to find a way to service the Elites when the numbers just became too great for the largest venue, not to test a new program.

Well, originally, there was a whole lot of whining about drink vouchers taking away the "social" aspect of the elite benefit. Now they have worn down the majority of elites and so it probably has evolved into a test program. I don't believe that cruise lines do things without thinking well beyond the current situation. Then there's the VIP lounge concept evolving.

Well, originally, there was a whole lot of whining about drink vouchers taking away the "social" aspect of the elite benefit. Now they have worn down the majority of elites and so it probably has evolved into a test program. I don't believe that cruise lines do things without thinking well beyond the current situation. Then there's the VIP lounge concept evolving.

At first I questioned the voucher concept, but that was prior to actually experiencing it. I believe that many of the original doubters were in the same position. Some have a problem with change, especially when they see some evil conspiracy behind the change. Let's just wait and see what happens. You are correct when you say that ideas are tested prior to wider implementation.

We are currently on the infinity TA. Vouchers for the entire cruise were in an envelope on the desk of our cabin when we arrived...three per person per day except the first night. Valid at all bars except cafe bacio and the enomatic bar..and not valid in any restaurant. Yes you can use them in the martini bar. Our cruise is a test bed. There is no elite cocktail party menu...we can order any drink up to $8 or beer up to, I think $5. Some apparently complained about no hors d'oevers so last night they put out an hors d'oevers table with cheeses, canapés, cold cuts....it was a very nice table....and they are going to continue through the cruise...but they are only doing this in the constellation lounge (sky lounge on other ships). Who knows if they will expand this. Of course anyone can use the lounge so it may get very crowded when the word of "free food" gets out.

Other notes. We have not been asked to show our cards..if you have a ticket you get a drink. We have also gone to the rendezvous bar and purchased win to take to dinner...and if you have two tickets, you get a very full glass of wine.

On a related topic there is a 2 for 1 drink offer each day...venue and times change. Two of our three days it's been apple martinis.

Craft drinks have also arrived in the rendezvous lounge...a couple are $8, I've listed the drinks in detail on my "live from the infinity" thread.

We are currently on the infinity TA. Vouchers for the entire cruise were in an envelope on the desk of our cabin when we arrived...three per person per day except the first night. Valid at all bars except cafe bacio and the enomatic bar..and not valid in any restaurant. Yes you can use them in the martini bar. Our cruise is a test bed. There is no elite cocktail party menu...we can order any drink up to $8 or beer up to, I think $5. Some apparently complained about no hors d'oevers so last night they put out an hors d'oevers table with cheeses, canapés, cold cuts....it was a very nice table....and they are going to continue through the cruise...but they are only doing this in the constellation lounge (sky lounge on other ships). Who knows if they will expand this. Of course anyone can use the lounge so it may get very crowded when the word of "free food" gets out.

Other notes. We have not been asked to show our cards..if you have a ticket you get a drink. We have also gone to the rendezvous bar and purchased win to take to dinner...and if you have two tickets, you get a very full glass of wine.

On a related topic there is a 2 for 1 drink offer each day...venue and times change. Two of our three days it's been apple martinis.

Craft drinks have also arrived in the rendezvous lounge...a couple are $8, I've listed the drinks in detail on my "live from the infinity" thread.

Celebrity usually selects one ship as a test ship for a new program. Appears that Infinity is playing that roll for changes in the Elite program. First the "VIP" now changes in the voucher program. Seems like things are falling into place. Can't help but wonder if the web site Edomite is giving space to converting "points" into "days".

Celebrity usually selects one ship as a test ship for a new program. Appears that Infinity is playing that roll for changes in the Elite program. First the "VIP" now changes in the voucher program. Seems like things are falling into place. Can't help but wonder if the web site Edomite is giving space to converting "points" into "days".

Web site now working and my points are still points.

Thanks for the up to date info. We are on the Infinity's relocation cruise to South America in December. We'd be happy to give the vouchers a try; we might like them.

Archived