Elite Drink Vouchers

charlielinda

Just discovered that on our cruise we will get drink vouchers. Will we then be able to pick up a drink and head to hot tub or room. We don't have a drink package and was thinking ... My husband usually has a drink late afternoon and while dressing and we could use coupons for that. Then he could just have wine by the glass at dinner. Thanks for your help.

Just discovered that on our cruise we will get drink vouchers. Will we then be able to pick up a drink and head to hot tub or room. We don't have a drink package and was thinking ... My husband usually has a drink late afternoon and while dressing and we could use coupons for that. Then he could just have wine by the glass at dinner. Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can use the vouchers during a 2 hour window - usually 5 - 7 PM. You can certainly leave any bar with the drink in hand and take it to your destination! :D The vouchers are dated, so will not carry over from one day to the next. You will receive new ones in your cabin each day of the cruise.

Exceptions are first night of cruise and the night of the Senior Officer's party. There will be no vouchers for those nights.

So, with vouchers, looks like there are no more hordouerves (sp).Since there isn't any dedicated lounge

Voucher's good in MDR?

Vouchers can NOT be used in MDR. On Reflection TA they served snacks in e Sky Lounge. Really varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

We will be on the cruise with the OP. Personally I am looking forward to the flexibility the vouchers offer. We are travelling with friends who are not Elite but will have the Classic drinks package (part of their fare) which we do not. We can enjoy a drink with them at various bars.

So, with vouchers, looks like there are no more hordouerves (sp).Since there isn't any dedicated lounge

Voucher's good in MDR?

The bars have nuts and cracker mixes available (varies from bar to bar on the same ship) for those who enjoy munching. I actually prefer the nuts and cracker mixes to the hors d'oeuvres.

So, with the vouchers you can order drinks up to a certain dollar value? $8?

On the Equinox last spring the bars in which the elite vouchers could be used had the same elite drink menu on the tents (which you see in at the elite cocktail function) sitting on the bar counters.

That's the way it was last spring but over the summer some pax who were on Summit when vouchers were used reported that they could be redeemed for ANY beverage upto $8 (beer up to $5) when redeemed at the bars. So this may be a policy in transition and I have not updated the voucher FAQ until more reports come in.

I saw that report from Ghstudio. He reported that one side of the voucher he received this week said "valid for beverages from Captains Club menu. For use in bars or lounges, excluding cellar master, cafe al Bacio, specialty dining and main dining" and the other side reads " offer valid for beverages up to $8 value and beer up to $5. Not valid in martini bar, michaels club, specialty dining room mini bar and room service"

So until further reports come in all we can say is ask when you get on board!!!!

And we've used them on two cruises in the Martini Bar, just not for martinis - we got wine and other things on the list. And when we went to the theatre before the early 7 p.m. show the waiter came to us and let us order frozen drinks with our vouchers!

We had vouchers and the lounge with hors devours were still available

We had vouchers on the Summit Oct. 5-19 and you could order almost anything. Lots of hors devours, too However, on the Eclipse in Feb., we also had vouchers, a drink list for ordering, but no hors devours. Looks like it varies depending on ship.

When you use the vouchers, do they ask to see your S&S card to make sure you haven't given them to someone?

Can you go to the Sky Lounge one night and bar hop another night?

Tucker in Texas

They didn't ask to see our card. I would normally go Revelations Lounge, where the regular Elite event was held for my first drink before the rest of our friends would meet at 5:30 PM. They also took tickets for those drinks. You can go back and forth as much as you want.

When you use the vouchers, do they ask to see your S&S card to make sure you haven't given them to someone?

Can you go to the Sky Lounge one night and bar hop another night?

Tucker in Texas

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Another example of Celebrity's consistent inconsistency. Remember, whatever you read on these boards the comment only reflects the posters experience on their particular cruise.

We were on the Summit on the October 5th sailing. We received coupons in our room dated with three each for each night except the first night and the Captains Club party night and Staff Officers night. The coupons were good at most bars and we used ours at the Wine bar for any wine in value up to $8.00. We picked up our drinks and went to Blu for dinner. It was GREAT.

Archived