something for nothing, always complaining

cabincop

Is it me or does it seem like more people come on here to complain about customer service or if they get hurt or their cabin is dirty or the steward was horrible. It seems like people only want to know how to get the attention of NCL so they can get more obc, upgrade or refund or something.

I'd like to think that some are only letting others know of issues that they encountered, as a public service. CC is no place to turn to get more benefits (or most of the time, sympathy), in my opinion.

I would always go directly to the party that injured me.

Is it me or does it seem like more people come on here to complain about customer service or if they get hurt or their cabin is dirty or the steward was horrible. It seems like people only want to know how to get the attention of NCL so they can get more obc, upgrade or refund or something.

How very true. The "what can I complain about to get free stuff" movement does seem to be growing.

If this keeps up they'll overtake the "what are the rules and how can I break them" crowd. :eek:

...and the threads that have the most responses are the complaint threads. Not many responses when there is a positive review or positive customer service thread. Especially positive Breakaway reviews! Those kind of reviews have few responses.

It's true. I used to love to come on the forum once I've booked a cruise to ask questions and build anticipation for a lovely journey. But it has been rather discouraging lately. However there have been a few posters who are genuinely excited pre or post cruise, and share their joy. Thank you!:)

It's not to say that I'm never slightly disappointed by the lack of training some people receive or the lack of human decency of a handful of customer service agents. I just prefer to keep the focus light-hearted and fun. When it comes time to voicing how I feel about the negativity I experience, I prefer to voice it, not sympathetic ears who will rally with me, but to the appropriate sources who can actually fix it

Let's hear it for more positivity on these forums!:D:D:D

That said I do appoplogize to all of you posters who have had a terrible experience with customer service wether prior to, during, or after your cruise.

Happy cruising everyone!:D

YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Some folks are just never happy and complain about the littlest thing, like no tea bags in mdr .So take some from the buffet and keep them in your cabin then take one to dinner and ask for hot water

I am so happy you agree with me. Sadly people should be happy they can afford a cruise no matter how cheap or expensive. And the genie is definitely out

I totally agree with you we should be happy first of all most of us are healthy enough to enjoy a cruise plus have the financial ability to go on a cruise. This year in our OS I ran out of Kleenex...did I flip out I think not, I went down to the butler's room & asked for a box....poor guy I think he was going to cry...I had to crack open the box & wipe his tears...maybe he thought I was going to have him throw overboard :p

It's you. Others come on here with questions, or maybe to see how something was handled, or what they should expect. It is 100% ok for someone to do that. Not every post is a "complaint".

Cruise Critic is a reflection of our society. There are all kinds. Sure, complainers, a few downright grouches or negative folks, newbies, experienced cruisers, cheerleaders, etc.

Sometimes I do not agree with the OP but have to respect we do not all see the world the same way.

I love cruising and this site is my vicarious pleasure in between cruises. Good with the bad. Most is good. Some of the bad is amusing, but it gets old sometimes. But I get to choose which threads I read. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Of all the cruises I have been on the only complaints I have ever had is it takes too long to get on board, and the cruise is over way too soon

All the rest I just laugh about...the couple getting angry at one of the store cashiers cause they wouldn't take cash...both of the passengers was stinking drunk :)

I am just so happy to be on board...ON VACATION that everything good and not so good on board just adds to the experience of cruising

Of all the cruises I have been on the only complaints I have ever had is it takes too long to get on board, and the cruise is over way too soon

All the rest I just laugh about...the couple getting angry at one of the store cashiers cause they wouldn't take cash...both of the passengers was stinking drunk :)

I am just so happy to be on board...ON VACATION that everything good and not so good on board just adds to the experience of cruising

I 2nd your thoughts!, thanks. :):):):):)

Very well said :) I visited BC last year spent a week in Vancouver during Oct at a medical convention, beautiful city, we had perfect weather so every am got up early and ran along the water front.

I agree..unfortunately in some cases...it is getting harder to keep a thread from getting hijacked, and to sift through the negative to find those like me who enjoy the pre-cruise anticipation, planning and information.

I guess I am a cross between a reseracher and a cheer leader :-)

Not sure which is worse, the complainers or the rule breakers..both can get pretty tiresome.

It's the same on Trip advisor....I emailed a resort we are returning to in Dec to ask a few questions. The lovely mgr got back to me right away and I could tell there was a note of defensiveness in her email...so I replied and told her what a fantastic job she is doing, how much we love the property and that we don't expect everything to be perfect. Hospitality folks are some of the hardest working least appreciated folks around.

A smile and a kind word often go even further than a tip (not to say I don't tip lol)

Not every posting on the NCL board needs to be a glowing review. After all, the name of the website is Cruise Critic :D

I think it is helpful to read about issues that others have encountered. Sometimes reading about the problems can help you to avoid those problems yourself.

I definitely don't think that most people who come here to share a concern are looking for compensation.

After all, the name of the website is Cruise Critic

Boy...if I had a dollar for every person who thought THAT was a valid point...:rolleyes:

Yes...the name of the website is Cruise Critic.

And that is "Critic" as in:

"one who expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving a judgment of its value, truth, righteousness, beauty, or technique"

...it does not mean "Critic" as in:

"One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder".

Me too! If food is just so so, so what-------I didn't have to shop for it, cook it, or do the dishes. I'm on vacation and enjoying every minute of my time on board.

My only major complaint is that the cruise is over too soon.

By the time I get to Cruise Critic I usually have committed to a cruise because of the price. I don't care to read all the negative response. Maybe there should be a P & M thread and a Let's disagree thread. The others need to be positive. For you that have traveled on NCL it is what it is. If I don't like a cruise line there are plenty more to choose from. Purchasing a cruise is like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Boy...if I had a dollar for every person who thought THAT was a valid point...:rolleyes:

Yes...the name of the website is Cruise Critic.

And that is "Critic" as in:

"one who expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving a judgment of its value, truth, righteousness, beauty, or technique"

...it does not mean "Critic" as in:

"One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder".

From the Merriam-Webster online dictionary which you partially quoted in the first instance, the other definitions for "critic" are:

"one who engages often professionally in the analysis, evaluation, or appreciation of works of art or artistic performances"

and

"one given to harsh or captious judgment"

I am in no way endorsing over-the-top negative rants that sometimes appear in the forums, but I do think it is useful for folks to post about disappointments they encountered in their cruises. As pointed out in your first definition of "critic", "reasoned" is the operative word, IMHO. Let's have reasoned opinions, both positive and (when warranted) negative.

How very true. The "what can I complain about to get free stuff" movement does seem to be growing.

I totally agree with this also.

Unfortunately it's partly NCL's fault, because it seems that lately in some cases complaining here is the only way to get NCL to respond and people are taking an advantage of that.

And yet again I need to clarify: I'm not against complaints and detailed reviews themselves but the obivious tries to get (sometimes completely) unwarranted compensation by bringing the case public.

If this keeps up they'll overtake the "what are the rules and how can I break them" crowd. :eek:

So true and the more people post what they got for "free" by complaining, more will join their ranks. I think NCL is to quick to offer up these things for minor problems; a I'm very sorry should be sufficient for most things.

I also have no problem with people's reviews whether good or bad, complaints or no complaints; people should be able to voice their concerns/complaints, as well as the great things that happened on their cruises in their reviews.

Archived