Library on Eclipse

charlielinda

I haven't been on the Eclipse, but I've been in the library on the M-Class ships. Nice place to read and relax. When I finished a book I just left it in the library and someone could have the chance to read it. Bonus was I didn't need to pack it up and take it back home. They do have some books there to borrow, but I always bring my own. I download books on my Kindle now so it is easy to take lots of books with me. LOL

Have recently got off Eclipse and as has already been said it is a fairly peaceful place to read but sometimes noise can travel up from the central atrium if something is going on there. There is no dedicated librarian but I did notice a good selection of books as I was worried that I had not brought enough with me... I had but did not get chance to read as much as I thought. Loved the idea of leaving own personal books that you did not want anymore on a specific shelf so that other passengers good enjoy.

The library on the Eclipse is nice. There are a lot of books that belong to the ship and there is a shelf for passengers to leave books that they are finished with for others to enjoy. There is a check out sheet and several chairs to sit in and read. I noticed many people checking out the books especially the first couple of days.

As others have said there is no person in charge of the area. On my cruise on the ship last year I brought 70 Bookcrossing labeled books myself to leave on the share shelf for others to take and read and by the end of the cruise there were none left. :)

I read on a travel advisory site that ships are now rethinking the space being wasted by the library because the majority of the passengers are using some form of an eletronic reader and the space could be put to better use. .

Carnival is building a new ship without a library supposedly because of that. I think it is really just a politically correct way of them acknowledging that most of clientele may be illiterate.

.🎃

there is a selection of fiction and non fiction, many are hardback. There is also a small selection in spanish, german and french

There is usually a small area of books that other passengers have also left behind too - we found some interesting books that we have read a few pages of then decided to get when we returned home

the library are we find is often filled with people asleep during the day, well they do put some very comfortable chairs in there

I read on a travel advisory site that ships are now rethinking the space being wasted by the library because the majority of the passengers are using some form of an eletronic reader and the space could be put to better use. .

Carnival is building a new ship without a library supposedly because of that. I think it is really just a politically correct way of them acknowledging that most of clientele may be illiterate.

.🎃

Thanks so much for the smile! I am still giggling out loud!

Me too!!! :D:D I always leave a couple of books in the library at the end of our cruise, but have to admit that I prefer to read on our balcony or the pool.

.🎃

Shame on you.......that was impudent and discourteous!

Even though many of us bring our e-readers, it's still a nice place to sit and read them. I'd hate to see the library go away. I've spent many hours in the libraries on both Eclipse and Equinox either reading, cross-stitching, or doing puzzles. I like to read in various places on the ship - from my balcony to the Sky Lounge when no one is there. It's true that noise travels up from the Atrium and the "ping" sounds of the midship elevators is right there, but it's still a nice place to be. I've looked at the bookshelves and I'm quite sure there is enough for anyone to be able to find at least one that would be of interest.

I love the library on Equinox. Even though I have my e-reader pre-loaded, it's still fun to browse the titles offered in the library. I might find something that interests me. The library is a comfortable place to get away from everything (and most everybody) for an hour or so for "alone time" to read. A poster above mentioned people sleeping. So I'll confess: I've drifted off in those comfy chairs once or more.

Carnival is building a new ship without a library supposedly because of that. I think it is really just a politically correct way of them acknowledging that most of clientele may be illiterate. .

:D:D:D Love it!!

I bring a Kobo for reading now, I acquired it when we did our first TA and I had lots of time to read and not much extra packing room!!

Archived