Where to stay night before Oasis debarkation?

redbirdoh

All hotels are expensive in Fla....can't really get around it! Check Hotels.com...don't book thru them, but you can compare prices! Book directly through the hotel...and ask if they have any "specials".....do NOT call the 800 number....call the hotel directly! The desk clerks have leeway to discount prices many times! It pays to ask for a "special" price!

All hotels are expensive in Fla....can't really get around it! Check Hotels.com...don't book thru them, but you can compare prices! Book directly through the hotel...and ask if they have any "specials".....do NOT call the 800 number....call the hotel directly! The desk clerks have leeway to discount prices many times! It pays to ask for a "special" price!

Good to know----thanks

I stayed at Embassy Suites 17th Street last year, and I'm staying there again this year.

Not only is it a nice property, but the size of the room (a 2-room suite) came in handy for us last year. Our Allure cruise was delayed by 2 days due to Hurricane Isaac, so being stuck in stormy Fort Lauderdale (businesses closed) for about 2.5 days with 2 kids, it made it so much more livable to have two rooms to stitch out in.

Looks like embassy is already booked for my date in January!

We have stayed twice at Embassy on 17th and both times have been great for us. Depending on which side your room is, you could possibly see the ship when she comes in in the morning. There is also a public balcony if you want to walk out to see her if your room is on the front or other side. There is a Manager's Reception in the evening with free drinks and snacks and a great buffet breakfast.

The Harbor Shops are right behind it in case you need to pick up any last minute items. There are also several restaurants within walking distance as well as a Stone Cold Creamery if interested. Gilbert's is a great lunch place in the Harbor Shops (it is a burger place, but has huge burgers made your way).Here is a link: http://www.theharborshops.com/

The Water Taxi is several blocks away; we walked (a nice walk) but you could also grab the trolley or a taxi. There were some beautiful vacation homes and yachts along the path of the Water Taxi as well as more restaurant choices and a stop by the mall. One price for a day ticket to get on and off as you like. Here is the link: http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/

We will definitely stay there again. Enjoy your trip!!!

We are arriving the night before our cruise departs - Oasis on Jan 25 and are looking for hotel suggestions near the port that aren't outrageously expensive $200 or less. Suggestions?

Priceline. Bid on a 4 star or above near the port and you will probably be able to get one for under $125.

We are staying at the W Fort Lauderdale for $109 before our Oasis cruise. Saved $200 from booking on their website.

Priceline. Bid on a 4 star or above near the port and you will probably be able to get one for under $125.

We are staying at the W Fort Lauderdale for $109 before our Oasis cruise. Saved $200 from booking on their website.

Prices in Florida, especially Ft. Lauderdale and Miami will vary considerably according to the time of year (even week to week at times). We have had extremely good luck using Priceline and just bid (and won) a January pre-cruise stay at the Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens for $70 a night. In the past we have made successful $60 a night bids and stayed at the Hyatt House, Springfield Suites and Hyatt Place in Dania Beach, all good properties with free parking, internet and complimentary breakfasts.

I recommend Priceline very highly.:)

Perhaps English is not their first language and they don't recognize the substantial difference between debarkation and embarkation.;)

Nah. Read her other posts. Perfectly colloquial English. Besides, she asked this same question two years ago. ;)

We are arriving the night before our cruise departs - Oasis on Jan 25 and are looking for hotel suggestions near the port that aren't outrageously expensive $200 or less. Suggestions?

redbirdoh,

check the threads related to "Florida Departures" here on Cruise Critic. There is much information on the subject of where to stay the night before embarkation.

Tom

January and February in FL can be pricey. I've always done well with Priceline and Hotwire. Just plug in the general location that you want and the star level, and it will be your best chance at paying a significantly lower rate.

I have used priceline pre & post cruise. Our pre cruise looks good, but the post cruise i was looking at the reviews after we booked and they are horrible and suppose to be a 4 star. I was back and forth with both priceline and the hotel before choosing not to use that hotel. I'm not sure if i'll use price line again, can't be sure of what you get!

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet - http://www.valuetrips.com - Hyatt Place 17th Street. IF there is availability still, the rate is only $179. I would suggest placing the reservation request, which you'll receive a confirmation back via email in 2 to 3 days. If you decide to go somewhere else, since the confirmation number is a real Hyatt confirmation number, you can just go onto Hyatt's website and cancel there.

Good luck!

Go over to the "north American home ports" section of the boards under "east coast departures" and there will be a ton of information on Ft Lauderdale and the surrounding area. Good luck!

and as my mother used to say.....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

If you aren't comfortable with bidding on Priceline try the PL Express Deals. I have used PL bidding often and when I bid on a 4 star or better I have never been disappointed in my win. However, I have recently found the Express Deals and have been very happy with them, especially when you aren't necessarily looking for a 4* or better hotel. You can see all the amenities, the general location - everything except the name of the hotel. Even more important, you can see the ratings from certified past guests and a "Guest Favorite" designation for the better choices. Pick one with that designation and a 8.0 or better rating and I can pretty much guarantee you will be happy. It works a lot like Hotwire, except I have found the prices to be better on PL Express than the prices for a similar property on Hotwire.

I used LMT (link) to book the Crowne Plaza right by the port. I think the hotel is pretty good. Reasonably priced too.

I second this. We used them last year to book the Crowne Plaza and used them again this year too. My daughter is leaving on the Oasis tomorrow and they are staying there tonight. Big savings over booking direct and other hotels in the area. It is the one that is a 4 Star Hotel near the Airport. If you call the toll free #, they will save you money over the price listed on the website and also confirm what the hotel is.