NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

Join us on her in Feb! :D

(And if you were on her you'd miss that wonderful suite you'll be in soon! ;) )

I know. I'm so torn. Yes, we'll be on the Golden in 3 days. Yes, our first cruise in a suite. But only for 3 days. Such a tease! But then we'll be on the Crown for 7 days in December. I guess we'll just have to enjoy the Royal vicariously through your reports. :)

By the way, what's that black helicopter that keeps circling the Royal? At first I thought it was a TV helicopter. But it's staying with the Royal for a long time. A gubmint 'copter? But why? I've never seen that before.

By the way, what's that black helicopter that keeps circling the Royal? At first I thought it was a TV helicopter. But it's staying with the Royal for a long time. A gubmint 'copter? But why? I've never seen that before.

Probably chartered by Princess Cruises to get footage of her first daylight Sail Away from Fort Lauderdale.

Probably chartered by Princess Cruises to get footage of her first daylight Sail Away from Fort Lauderdale.

Ah! Never thought of that. Makes sense though. Especially since the Royal has been taking a very unusual course since leaving the channel. A big circular course! I think you're right.

It was so fun to hear the ship's horn play first two lines of "Loveboat" theme as she entered the channel!! :) Wish all Princess ships would once again do same--as the theme used to be played "back in the day" as my daughter says!! (Or they did on the original Crown Princess in 1993, at any rate.):D

We're sailing north right up the east coast of south Florida. The helicopter is still circling overhead. I think this was the cruise that a British documentary team was going to be on, so perhaps it's related to that.

Jeannie

I can't remember how to get to your blog.

I want to follow along on this cruise with you.

EDIT: Found it!

Edited by chamima

We're sailing north right up the east coast of south Florida. The helicopter is still circling overhead. I think this was the cruise that a British documentary team was going to be on, so perhaps it's related to that.
The ITV crew were onboard for the Maiden Passage and will be on for several weeks. Our table at the CC luncheon was interviewed/filmed for about 15-20 minutes during the lunch. Afterwards, I noticed them throughout the ship (they were the few without gray hair or wrinkles so were easy to spot, nevermind their huge cameras. :))

Watching you all sail east from my condo in Pompano Beach (north of Fort Lauderdale) - can't wait for 'our turn' in December! Wishing all a wonderful cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise, J & G!! Make sure you hit Alfredo's early on!

Can someone onboard help with an important question. Princess advised to sign up for the week you go to the pursers desk. Please advise if you go t the pursers desk or directly to the solarium thanks so much
What solarium? I was on the Royal for over two weeks and don't remember a solarium.

When we were on the Grand in Hawaii in April a helicopter was flying very close to the ship for quite a while on day. There was finally an announcement that they were filming for Princess ads or catalogs. Then everyone came out on their balconies to wave at them.

The Sanctuary
Ahh... the Sanctuary. Under no definition is it a solarium which is probably why I didn't recognize the location. In any case, to book for the length of your cruise, head directly to the Sanctuary and book there. The reason is that you select "your" lounger from those still available and only the person in charge of the Sanctuary has that information. To book for the morning, afternoon or by the day, get there by 8am. Otherwise, all the loungers may be booked. Edited by Pam in CA

Hi Gang,

I was watching on the Webcams, too, and noticed that helicopter and then saw the ship turn in a circle. I also thought it was going back to port and then saw it go straight. The camera crews are going to be on our November 17 cruise, too.

It was nice to hear the horn as it was going through the channel, although I remember the song "Time To Say Goodbye" by Andrea Boccelli was featured on a few of them sometime ago.

I think I missed something, as I thought the Royal Princess had been in already, but then I didn't see her last night. It was good to see her today!

March Babe, we will be enjoying her in a few weeks. Are you ready?? LOL.

Bye for now. I know I'll be following this thread to read all the details and hear about the excitement.

Bye for now. Lynne

Ahh... the Sanctuary. Under no definition is it a solarium which is probably why I didn't recognize the location. In any case, to book for the length of your cruise, head directly to the Sanctuary and book there. The reason is that you select "your" lounger from those still available and only the person in charge of the Sanctuary has that information. To book for the morning, afternoon or by the day, get there by 8am. Otherwise, all the loungers may be booked.

I did not agree with Princess reservations to go to Purser, I thank you very much