Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

Hope a positive one . Not pics of your towel animal that didn't come out anatomically correct so now you'll never cruise with them again . LOL

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It will be fair and balanced. The only cruise I ever received towel animals on was Disney.

I have been delaying doing anything for our March cruise, hoping the website would get fixed...but today I picked up the phone and called customer service to ask the questions I needed to ask and to cancel and rebook our cruise so that we can take advantage of the 3rd person benefits (classic bev package and internet). It was the smoothest, quickest, easiest call. I was off the phone in less than 10 minutes, the rep was terrific and I got everything done without messing with the darn website. So, if you're like me and like to do everything online, pick up the phone. Easy peasy.

Made my final payment 2 days ago.......no problems. Logged in as I type, and have no problems viewing the packages (excursions, drinks, dining options) and for the heck of it, clicked on a Bev package to purchase.........no prob's with that either (but didn't purchase yet)

1987 NCL M/S Skyward

1988 RC Sovereign of the Seas

2004 Carnival

2006 Celebrity Infinity

2007/2009 Celebrity Constellation

2012/2013 Celebrity Equinox

2014 Celebrity Silhouette

2015 Viking Star

I have a very big difficulty getting onto my celebrity from my chromebook. When I'm on my regular laptop or desktop, I use Chrome and don't have any issues normally.

But for the last several days, I can log in, and then I go to Manage My Reservations. When I select shore excursions, there's where the fun ends... Just sits. I'm going to try with IE right now. But I have to wait 20 minutes because I was unable to properly exit out of my reservation and now it's locked. Sheesh!

We have had towel animals on most of our cruises (NCL and Celebrity).

Only had one towel animal on all of our Celebrity cruises, and that was two swans kissing as a celebration of a 25th anniversary by our room attendant.

Personally, I don't expect, not want, towel animals. I outgrew such "cutsie" displays when I reached puberty. :D

So many great responses here. I personally have not had any issues with the website. I sail next week, first time with Celebrity. I hope it's good.

If some of these issues get some of you so upset, I would love to read some of your trip reviews. Most likely some of the reviewers that post complaints while on the vacation with pics to boot.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hope you enjoy your cruise and you love Celebrity as much as we do! Luckily, all of the cruises I have taken have been missing the grumpy Cruise Critic members and only the fun ones have been onboard. I am sure you will experience the same!! Its amazing what some fresh air and beautiful blue water will do to a person's demeanor!!:)

Hope you enjoy your cruise and you love Celebrity as much as we do! Luckily, all of the cruises I have taken have been missing the grumpy Cruise Critic members and only the fun ones have been onboard. I am sure you will experience the same!! Its amazing what some fresh air and beautiful blue water will do to a person's demeanor!!:)

I'm not sure how grumpy our posts are! We are simply expressing frustration for known and acknowledge issues with the x web site. All I can state is on my last x cruise 95% of the employes were wonderful. And my over all experience on board was great. I'm just glad that I brought my Mac book with me on my last cruise because x had no record of my $300.00 on board credit. After showing guest relations my reservation, the credit was applied.

Is it fair that when I was trying to make final payment that I was on hold with my travel agent for 4 hours and 39 minutes. My travel agent was able to figure out the mistake on celebrity's end. When I ordered some dresses from dvf and they sent the wrong color of one of the dresses. They fed x the dress over night with an apology and a 40% off code for any item I purchase in the future. If you treat your customers well they will return. If not, they will find another company that will.

Edited by luvs2fly

I tried again today to access my reservation - of course I got the "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later." message when I tried to access it.

I called them they said NOT to login just use the Already Booked tab and enter my reservation number and name etc into the forum and access it that way, it did not work, she said it was because I was logged in earlier.

I waited a few hours and of course got the same message "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

So I called yet again, she said that she was sending a message to IT and to wait 24-48 hours for it to be fixed.

Awesome IT Dept.

I'm having the exact same issue. Doesn't matter on what section of the website I try to access the reservation, or what web browser (take your pic), I get the same error message that you do. It's interesting that only some people are having this issue. I have to wonder if it's certain bookings, certain ships, or certain sail dates? One thing is for certain, it's frustrating. I've called, emailed, and even posted my issue on Celebrity's website. Completely ignored. At the very least it would be nice if Celebrity posted something that indicated they are aware of the issues, working on them, and a timeline for resolution. That would at least provide some reassurance to their "valued" customers.

BEWARE of Celebrity Cruises! We booked a trip early in the year. When I go online to manage our reservation (make a payment, reserve an excursion, look at our statement, anything.) a message appears saying the site is down for maintenance. It has been this way for at least two months. We've been promised several times that the problem would be corrected soon. Whenever I call the company, I am... told that it will be working soon. They've acknowledged the problem has been this way for two months.

How can a company run their business this way? I certainly hope their ship will be in better shape when we take the cruise.

I'd like to hear celebrity management explain this.

Anyone else having the "celebrity experience" online?

Really? "Beware Celebrity Cruises" because you aren't happy with the website? I agree the website is a disgrace and is in dire need of replacement, but that seems a little over the top.

There is nothing important that I require from the website that can't be accomplished on the phone if needed. I can find other websites easily with itineraries, costs and cabin availability. So, the crappy Celebrity website doesn't really affect me, and I personally haven't had any problems managing my (few) reservations.

The most important thing for me is what I'm purchasing with my money and the Celebrity onboard experience is excellent. I can't imagine warning others off a cruise line because of your displeasure with its website.:cool:

Never had problems until I called the CC last week to add my husband's number to our latest reservation. Haven't been able to access our reservation since that call. I also found out that my husband never received the credits four our last cruise, decided to email the CC for that issue and we are still waiting for a response. :confused::confused:

I thought that they had appointed a new (lady) executive who was going to be responsible for fixing the website/IT issues.

I think there was a question & answer session on here where she introduced herself and outlined her plans to make it all better.

Anyone know what happened?

Is she still with X?

I thought that they had appointed a new (lady) executive who was going to be responsible for fixing the website/IT issues.

I think there was a question & answer session on here where she introduced herself and outlined her plans to make it all better.

Anyone know what happened?

Is she still with X?

Hi, yes, she did a Q&A session way back in the spring? I think...?:confused:

I doubt anyone on here knows if she is still working with X (unless

someone has inside information).

As for improving things?..........:eek:

I'm having the exact same issue. Doesn't matter on what section of the website I try to access the reservation, or what web browser (take your pic), I get the same error message that you do. It's interesting that only some people are having this issue. I have to wonder if it's certain bookings, certain ships, or certain sail dates? One thing is for certain, it's frustrating. I've called, emailed, and even posted my issue on Celebrity's website. Completely ignored. At the very least it would be nice if Celebrity posted something that indicated they are aware of the issues, working on them, and a timeline for resolution. That would at least provide some reassurance to their "valued" customers.

Many of us are having different problems with the website. I agree somebody from Celebrity should make an official statement about when a solution will be found.

Edited by travelberlin

Hi, yes, she did a Q&A session way back in the spring? I think...?:confused:

I doubt anyone on here knows if she is still working with X (unless

someone has inside information).

As for improving things?..........:eek:

Hi Lois :)

Looking at her (Tina Alexander) Twitter Acct...she is still at Celebrity.

As others have said...at least the on-board experience makes up (in my opinion) for any shortcomings elsewhere with Celebrity !!

Woody

I am glad that I have found this thread!

Sailing on Dec 29 and try to check-in, book packages etc without any success since nearly two weeks.

Have called Celebrity hotline in Germany and they told me they have trouble with the site since beginning of the week.

Have tried Mozilla and I.E. , cleared cache etc. with no success at all....

Any suggestions what I should do if I will not be able to print my luggage tags and check-in in advance?

This situation is disgusting!

Edited by catweazlecat

I tried again today to access my reservation - of course I got the "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later." message when I tried to access it.

I called them they said NOT to login just use the Already Booked tab and enter my reservation number and name etc into the forum and access it that way, it did not work, she said it was because I was logged in earlier.

I waited a few hours and of course got the same message "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

So I called yet again, she said that she was sending a message to IT and to wait 24-48 hours for it to be fixed.

Awesome IT Dept.

I wish you luck with the IT department. I have had mine sent to them10-12 times? I still have no access. I am still not buying a new computer to upgrade to IE11 in order to access my reservation.

RCCL Corporate office called me the other day to say the website is having issues. Really? Other then that she said she would send it to IT again. I asked her what the point was when they don't fix the issue. I also sent the link to this thread to Celebrity's corporate head office but I see they have not bothered to post anything here or on their site.

We won't be booking with this line again.

Edited by stefe

It's not certain sail dates. Some members of our roll call could request luggage tags and some could not. I'm one that could not. I tried multiple computers, 4 different browsers, cleared cache, ctrl-refresh - everything I can think of. I test web sites and web apps as part of my job. Nothing worked. The frustrating thing is that I can also not view excursions, beverage packages or anything else to add on to my reservation and as far as I can tell, nothing has changed with that problem since their site "upgrade". The links just don't work. You'd think they would be releasing site updates weekly trying to fix the glaring issues and that would be an easy one to fix, and a most important one since they are losing money.

I can only assume their website development company is working furiously on a new release, or that Celebrity just doesn't care. If the latter, that's extremely foolish. I'm still looking forward to my cruise, but if I were trying to book a new cruise at this point, I'm not sure I would. And I'm definitely not going to bother to call to add on excursions or anything else that I should have been able to do online but can't. I was on hold for 15 minutes just to request luggage tags.