Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

If you navigate to an incorrect page on celebrity's web site, you get a nicely created page saying "we're sorry Page not found". They then go on to say "to navigate away from this error page, click here.....Celebrity Cruises web site.

You've probably guessed....

If you click on that field (celebrity cruises web site), you get......We're sorry Page not found.

You can't make this stuff up.....

:D Yeah you can. Obviously Celebrity does. I really wonder where they get their programming staff. Obviously not everyone can graduate first in the class from programming school. Maybe Celebrity recruits the last in the class?

:D Yeah you can. Obviously Celebrity does. I really wonder where they get their programming staff. Obviously not everyone can graduate first in the class from programming school. Maybe Celebrity recruits the last in the class?

Some time ago on these pages, Celebrity announced with bells and whistles that they had hired a new Web site manager to solve the problems.

What happened to her? Was the web site in such a bad condition? Was she unable to deal with the team of the lasts of the class or was she hired from the same school? :confused:

Some time ago on these pages, Celebrity announced with bells and whistles that they had hired a new Web site manager to solve the problems.

What happened to her? Was the web site in such a bad condition? Was she unable to deal with the team of the lasts of the class or was she hired from the same school? :confused:

She was promoted from within. :p

I heard that she was spotted running away from Miami headquarters with her hands to her head yelling "No, no, no, I had no idea that it was THIS bad!!!!"

Seriously, I must be very lucky, because it haven't had any more than the usual clunky problems with the site. Just as a test, I tried to book an excursion on an upcoming cruise, & was able to do so up until the payment page, when I backed out because I wasn't ready to book. I used my iPad, but have signed into my Celebrity account using IE, with the same results. Could it be a geographical problem?

No doubt there is some kind of major glitch with the site because of all those still with problems, but why haven't I had problems? Strange!

Seriously, I must be very lucky, because it haven't had any more than the usual clunky problems with the site. Just as a test, I tried to book an excursion on an upcoming cruise, & was able to do so up until the payment page, when I backed out because I wasn't ready to book. ...

No doubt there is some kind of major glitch with the site because of all those still with problems, but why haven't I had problems? Strange!

It is not only a question of system bugs, the site is also unattractive and the info is not up-to-date. For my next cruise (TA April 2014 on Equinox), the cruise map is still not available; on a previous one (Equinox, March 2013) there were two different maps available until the cruise date, depending on where you were looking on the site; the pictures and videos promoting the excursions have the resolution of a post stamp, etc...

I was finally able to get into my reservation today. I have not been able to get into my reservation since the update. It would appear that any suffix in your name causes your reservation to indicate that it has an invalid CC number. I was told it is because the new booking system handles the suffix different than the CC file portion of the file. The CC club rep. removed my CC number from my reservation and now I can access my reservation. Of course I will need to have then put it back in before I complete the on line check (or enter it myself).

I just wanted to mention it in case anyone else with a suffix on their name is having the same issue. I was also getting the system maint./try again later message.

I heard that she was spotted running away from Miami headquarters with her hands to her head yelling "No, no, no, I had no idea that it was THIS bad!!!!"

Seriously, I must be very lucky, because it haven't had any more than the usual clunky problems with the site. Just as a test, I tried to book an excursion on an upcoming cruise, & was able to do so up until the payment page, when I backed out because I wasn't ready to book. I used my iPad, but have signed into my Celebrity account using IE, with the same results. Could it be a geographical problem?

Rich:

I am not having issues, other than after Midnight on Saturday when shutting down my laptop, I saw another reply to this thread so popped into Celebrity and it was down but I am not usually in at the time...I went in on Sunday and again today and it seems to be working fine up to actually booking something as I am also not ready for that step.

I was in another site and they had a banner running about Chrome to be sure to change pop up settings...I have been trying to figure out what the issue could be (geographical, settings, etc). I never have issues...usually runs quickly, can see everything....laptop is Windows Vista, destop is Windows XP, and my smartphone is Windows 8 and I can get into everything from any of them. I know all of them allow pop ups from Celebrity Cruises. It is a mystery & computer lucky ;-)

Debbie

I have tried for over a month now to browse excursions and/or book the Cruise Critic Connections event. I still get nowhere on the site... I either get an error message longer than my leg, or I get nothing. When I click to view possible excursions, I get as far as "Caribbean" and then I get no response at all. I can view my reservation... hallelujah. I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I don't have trouble with any other websites and I'm on the computer all the time. I don't have a Captain's Club number so that's not the issue. I don't have a hyphenated name so that's not the issue either. This is ridiculous. If the folks at Celebrity head office are unaware of these issues, then they should visit Cruise Critic and view a page or two of this thread. This is my first cruise with Celebrity and I am already fed up with them. :eek:

What a disaster the web site is. Nearly three weeks ago, while on board the Infinity, we booked another cruise. This cruise does not show up in "My Reservations," and for weeks now I have been trying to add it using the tool on that page to "add a reservation." Each time I try, the web site says: unable to process your request, try again later. Since I knew Celebrity was having so many problems with their web site, I have refrained from calling.

But today when I tried again on line, the "add a reservation" tool said something about the "Brand Name" not being valid. The what? So I called the Captain's Club, and they were unable to get my reservation added to "My Reservations" page either. They had to email their IT people, and said it could take 48 hours for them to hear back. Seriously, what mess. I don't know how a business can be run this way.

Thankfully, I have paper and emails confirmations of the reservation I made on board the Infinity.

Is anyone able to hold search for a specific cabin that they know is available and put it on courtesy hold? Every time I try it says cabin is not available but I know it is

Cheers

Actually, you can input the same cabins that the Celebrity website offers you and the cabin search will tell you those cabins are "not available" too.

I solved that problem. I booked on another line.

Here's big news, CELEBRITY WEBSIE IS BUGGY AND NOT FUNCTIONING.

Stop trying to rely on it to get anything done, and just pick up the telephone.

Each time I see this thread I just imagine a bunch of people running their tri-cycles into a wall over and over again wen there's a door 2 inches to the right if they would simply try another option.

I'm certain when the website has been completely refurbished and redone, Celebrity will make it well known it has been resolved. I'm also certain Celebrity is well aware of the issues, and continued moaning and complaining, and passive aggressive comments and suggestions here are certainly not really having any effect on resolving the issue and better than is already in place.

Anyone who is going to change lines entirely because of a clunky website....really that's all it takes to send a "good customer" elsewhere?

Until that announcement, I'd just continue to assume it's buggy and not able to be counted on - useful for browsing and learning about the line, but not so much for other tasks.

I'd certainly NOT rely on it to be the ultimate judge as to if my reservation is in order. I'd certainly not freak out just because all of a sudden my reservation says there's a mystery $7 still due.

oh well, at least all the moaning happens in this single thread which I can ignore as I wish.

I've lost hours of my time dealing with this website. Things seem pretty assured now, but here are the dangling issues: My Celebrity says I owe $2100+, I can't sign up for CC Connections party, and the document sent to me from Celebrity says I over paid by $450.

I have also been trying for over a month to sign up for a Cruise Connections Party. I have both emailed and called them (after the email response said to call) and the person I spoke with had no clue how to help me and was puzzled that I had even been told to call them. I keep getting an error message after I get to the final step in signing up. Very frustrating. Has anybody had any recent success after having issues earlier with signing up? Not sure if I should keep trying or just give up.

I have also been trying for over a month to sign up for a Cruise Connections Party. I have both emailed and called them (after the email response said to call) and the person I spoke with had no clue how to help me and was puzzled that I had even been told to call them. I keep getting an error message after I get to the final step in signing up. Very frustrating. Has anybody had any recent success after having issues earlier with signing up? Not sure if I should keep trying or just give up.

It is working for me, perhaps you are trying to book too far in advance. This sometimes happens if the cruis eis more than 9 months away. The same with excursions for a particular cruise itinerary.:D

It is working for me, perhaps you are trying to book too far in advance. This sometimes happens if the cruis eis more than 9 months away. The same with excursions for a particular cruise itinerary.:D

We're leaving December 7, 2013. Can't sign up for Cruise Connections Party

We're leaving December 7, 2013. Can't sign up for Cruise Connections Party

Bummer, I suggest you visit the guest services once aboard (embarkation day) and let them know what the issues were and that way they will deliver the invitation to your cabin.:D

Your bank is showing the pending payment (as the system verifies funds prior to authorizing the payment). The ACH (automated clearing house) funds transfer won't be processed (thus won't show up on your Celebrity account) until the transaction posts - which should be tonight.

Check in the morning. I'll more than likely show up.

Your bank is showing the pending payment (as the system verifies funds prior to authorizing the payment). The ACH (automated clearing house) funds transfer won't be processed (thus won't show up on your Celebrity account) until the transaction posts - which should be tonight.

Check in the morning. I'll more than likely show up.

Carole you could be right.....But shouldn't celebrity have shown the payment as pending... when I talked to them on the phone.. they said they show no payment activity at all pending or otherwise.. I hope your right.... but I still have my doubts

No, they won't know anything about it until it posts.

Ok I will take your word,,,it sounds like you know what you say..

all I Will say is in my over 10 years of cruising and using this same account numerous times ...I have never seen this happen before.

:)

more than likely it's in the "web processing" system until it posts the payment batch overnight. At that time the web system will talk to the normal accounting and customer service people's systems to update the records they see in the day-to-day course to their business.

As the website itself isn't functioning properly from what seems to be a mechanical and design standpoint, I put no faith in anything seen there, but do think the credit card processing once you see it on YOUR bank side, can be counted on for its accuracy.

more than likely it's in the "web processing" system until it posts the payment batch overnight.

It didn't happen... this morning checked Celebrity account no change in balance and at bank it is still pending I am waiting to see if the "pending stage" drops off and becomes a non transaction or becomes an actual charge.