Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

Quick question ... is this system failure the reason i can't apply a payment on my reservation ? It tells me " someone is working on your account, check back in 20 minutes " ... been doing that since i first try this morning.

Tks, i am not a " phone person ", i would rather make a payment online then having to call .

Josee

called this number this morning. 1-800-256-6649. While the woman was pleasant enough and I was on hold for about 10 minutes while she checked into this issue, there is no resolution and no answer as to when it will be fixed.

She said something about oh it's affecting the older accounts? And so sorry for the trouble.

how bout some gratuity for all the time I've spent calling and the minutes I've wasted on my cell phone :mad:

[quote name='2morecruises']By default Chrome is my web browser and X's web site is coughing & spitting. OK, just not functioning as it should.

But, during the past week and using IE9 I've been able to book shore excursions, complete our Express Pass and add specialty dinning reservations. :cool: Just like in the old days. :)

Maybe I'm lucky.

2MC[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]I use Chrome as well. Tried IE. That didn't work either.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='CHEZMARYLOU']This might not avoid frustration. I've ordered hard copy brochures twice in the last 4 months. You guessed it, no brochure. I did quickly receive an Azamara and a Uniworld River Cruise brochure so we might be moving on from Celebrity.

Except for this, the only issue I've had with the web site is not being able to order luggage tags.

Mary Lou[/QUOTE]
I downloaded the Alaska brochure from the website as PDF file to my desktop...it worked beautifully, is great to look at and you can enlarge it to read the fine print. Have not had any problems accessing my reservation, checking shore excursions or anything on the website...it appears on Sunday's they do maintenance on the website (or perhaps over Saturday nite early Sunday) so it might not be available on occasion but haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about.

I can access from my phone, my laptop and my desktop as well. Try downloading it as a PDF file....it is one of the options.

Debbie

[quote name='claymour']I downloaded the Alaska brochure from the website as PDF file to my desktop...it worked beautifully, is great to look at and you can enlarge it to read the fine print. Have not had any problems accessing my reservation, checking shore excursions or anything on the website...it appears on Sunday's they do maintenance on the website (or perhaps over Saturday nite early Sunday) so it might not be available on occasion but haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about.

I can access from my phone, my laptop and my desktop as well. Try downloading it as a PDF file....it is one of the options.

Debbie[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]Lucky you not to have had any issues with the website. Lots of us aren't so lucky. And yes, I've tried downloading the brochures. As a PDF. Although I haven't previously experienced difficulty in getting them to send me hard copies. Maybe that's a new glitch.

And, oh, by the way, this difficulty has not been limited to Saturdays and Sundays. Do you think we are all making up these complaints? I assure you I have better things to do than make things up.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mcrcruiser']That is what we are going to do (go to guest relations & request the invitation ) .The Connections party is held the first seas day after boarding ;):D.

We are tired of all the lies when phoning their corporate offices :mad:

Ships crews work soooo hard to please & these land based jerks screw it all up :eek:[/quote]
On the last cruise many CC members that had signed up didn't receive their invitations anyway, so I would check at the Guest services in any case.:D

[quote name='claymour']I downloaded the Alaska brochure from the website as PDF file to my desktop...it worked beautifully, is great to look at and you can enlarge it to read the fine print. Have not had any problems accessing my reservation, checking shore excursions or anything on the website...it appears on Sunday's they do maintenance on the website (or perhaps over Saturday nite early Sunday) so it might not be available on occasion but haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about.

Debbie[/quote]
Some people are just plain lucky I suppose.:D

[quote name='claymour']I downloaded the Alaska brochure from the website as PDF file to my desktop...it worked beautifully,............. Try downloading it as a PDF file....it is one of the options.[/quote][SIZE=3]That is all very good, but some of us still prefer to have the hardcopy brochures, without needing to print them out ourselves.

Come to think of it, on our last cruise they did not have the usual rack of cruise brochures out on display at the future cruise sales office.
Now I wonder if that was just a fluke, or if it is the new trend.

[/SIZE]

I posted this afternoon a question about Celebrity's Sea and Stay Packages because I cannot find them neither on their website nor in their brochures. When I click on their Sea and Stay Packages button I am taken to ports, scroll down to sea and stay and there's nothing. I'm guessing the website "issues" are to blame for the missing information. I contacted my travel agent but she's....wait for it....on vacation :eek:- the nerve:D. I'm in no rush as my cruise isn't until fall of 2014. Hoping Celeb gets their I.T. people working harder to fix their ongoing issues.

Debbie[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have downloaded the brochures as needed but sitting at the computer, even if a laptop, is not the same as sitting in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine and a paper brochure. :D

[quote name='CHEZMARYLOU']Yes, I have downloaded the brochures as needed but sitting at the computer, even if a laptop, is not the same as sitting in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine and a paper brochure. :D[/quote]
Or to point out and convince a partner how good a particular cruise looks. :D

I don't think it matters what browser you are using as I have tried several. This is an issue at their or so it seems like as it tells me my reservation number does not exist. It's paid in full. I can get in with my fatherinlaws number who we booked at the same time.

I am just ticked that they have not bothered to return my call or respond to an email but here let me take your $20k this past year.

Thank you for the advice to download the shore excursion brochure to a PDF. I did not realize that I could get a PDF listing of shore excursions [U]just for my cruise[/U]. This is immensely helpful.

I did have some problems getting the brochure to download. Chrome did not work. When I tried Internet Explorer, the website said the reservation was being updated and I should try again in 20 minutes. Then I realized I was still signed in on Chrome. So, I logged off in Chrome and was able to continue in IE.

From my reservation, I selected Shore & Land Excursions. I was able to do this using the Manage Reservations arrow. If this does not work, click the Manage Reservation arrow to select View Reservation and then click the Shore & Land Excursions button at the top of the screen.

Go to the bottom of the Excursion page and click the Download Shore & Land Excursions brochure button. My pop-up blocker blocked this, so I had to allow the pop-up and click the Download Shore & Land Excursions button again. Once the PDF displays, click the Save button and save to your computer. Now I can browse the shore excursions without worrying if the Celebrity website is working or not.

This is way too much work. I would think Celebrity would want to make booking excursions a simple as possible. Edited by NCruiser2012

So, I too have been having issues forever with shore excursions. I tried again last night and had no luck in multiple browsers. I decided to try one last time today.

Still no luck with Chrome, but Firefox finally worked. And best of all, there was a hidden discount! The excursion price was $35, but when I added it to my reservation, there was a 10% discount so I was charged $31.50. I have no idea why, but I'll take it!

Maybe it's an apology for all the time I've wasted over the past few days.

Hi Everyone,

Here's an alternate link to review your bookings & shore excursions. If you are having issues, please click on this [URL="https://secure.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/Login.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&customizedForwardAction=book_shore_excursions&pageActionLabel=Book%20Shore%20and%20Land%20Excursions"][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red]link[/COLOR][/B] [/SIZE][/URL]. I hope this helps !

[quote name='NCruiser2012']Thank you for the advice to download the shore excursion brochure to a PDF. I did not realize that I could get a PDF listing of shore excursions [U]just for my cruise[/U]. This is immensely helpful.

I did have some problems getting the brochure to download. Chrome did not work. When I tried Internet Explorer, the website said the reservation was being updated and I should try again in 20 minutes. Then I realized I was still signed in on Chrome. So, I logged off in Chrome and was able to continue in IE.

From my reservation, I selected Shore & Land Excursions. I was able to do this using the Manage Reservations arrow. If this does not work, click the Manage Reservation arrow to select View Reservation and then click the Shore & Land Excursions button at the top of the screen.

Go to the bottom of the Excursion page and click the Download Shore & Land Excursions brochure button. My pop-up blocker blocked this, so I had to allow the pop-up and click the Download Shore & Land Excursions button again. Once the PDF displays, click the Save button and save to your computer. Now I can browse the shore excursions without worrying if the Celebrity website is working or not.

This is way too much work. I would think Celebrity would want to make booking excursions a simple as possible.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]It would be helpful if it worked for everyone, but it doesn't. I have tried every workaround, every browser, no joy. Glad you were able to get it to work.

For my part, I won't be booking any shore excursions from Celebrity for my 3 upcoming cruises except for the one my TA was able to book.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Everyone,

Here's an alternate link to review your bookings & shore excursions. If you are having issues, please click on this [URL="https://secure.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/Login.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&customizedForwardAction=book_shore_excursions&pageActionLabel=Book%20Shore%20and%20Land%20Excursions"][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red]link[/COLOR][/B] [/SIZE][/URL]. I hope this helps ![/quote]

thanks for posting but this does not work for me. this is all I get

[B][COLOR=red]"We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."[/COLOR][/B]

Tired of seeing it. I am going to call them after work. Again. Still no call back and no reply to my email.

[quote name='stefe']thanks for posting but this does not work for me. this is all I get

[B][COLOR=red]"We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."[/COLOR][/B]

Tired of seeing it. I am going to call them after work. Again. Still no call back and no reply to my email.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]Thanks for the link Andy, but it doesn't work for me either. Even went back and logged out of my account in Chrome before trying IE.

I've spent WAY too much time fooling around with this. I'm not trying any more. Celebrity can keep its shore excursions.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barbeaujo']Quick question ... is this system failure the reason i can't apply a payment on my reservation ? It tells me " someone is working on your account, check back in 20 minutes " ... been doing that since i first try this morning.

Tks, i am not a " phone person ", i would rather make a payment online then having to call .

Josee[/QUOTE]

Are you signed on in a different browser? I had the same problem when I was signed on in Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Here's an alternate link to review your bookings & shore excursions. If you are having issues, please click on this [URL="https://secure.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/Login.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&customizedForwardAction=book_shore_excursions&pageActionLabel=Book%20Shore%20and%20Land%20Excursions"][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red]link[/COLOR][/B] [/SIZE][/URL]. I hope this helps ![/QUOTE]

Link did not work for me in Chrome.

Here's an alternate link to review your bookings & shore excursions. If you are having issues, please click on this [URL="https://secure.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/Login.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&customizedForwardAction=book_shore_excursions&pageActionLabel=Book%20Shore%20and%20Land%20Excursions"][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red]link[/COLOR][/B] [/SIZE][/URL]. I hope this helps ![/quote]
:confused: [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Andy, thanks. I tried the link and it worked fine, but it just took me to the same log in screen that comes up on the Celebrity website from "Already Booked" when selecting Shore & Land Excursions there the usual way.

Just tried it both ways[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3] with Firefox[/SIZE][/FONT], using the link and without it, and saw no difference.
It looks like it goes to the same place either way.

But since I had been able to access the shore excursions from the Celebrity site before with Firefox, I didn't bother to try it with any other browser.

[/SIZE][/FONT] Edited by varoo

[quote name='Happy Cruiser 6143'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]Thanks for the link Andy, but it doesn't work for me either. Even went back and logged out of my account in Chrome before trying IE.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

Hi Linda,

Sorry it didnt help. I thought it might be worth a try. I'm using IE9, and I was able to view my bookings, and look at shore excursions and beverage packages for a Century sailing in February 2014. Edited by Host Andy

Andy, I used every imaginable browser to register our 2-b2b Caribbean Cruises on Silhouette Mar 2014 . I always get the same error message & I have tried to do it on different days & different times to no avail:mad: .

I even phoned both RCL & Celebrity corporate offices about their web site issues . It seems to us that either they simply can't fix the issues or it will be considerable time before the issues are fixed:( .Very frustrating experience & we are now considering other cruise lines for our Eastern Canada cruise in Sept 2014 & b2b trans Atlantic & Western Med cruises in 2015 :eek:

Perhaps when X/RCL looses enough business that impacts their top & bottom lines they will take remedial action:rolleyes: