Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

Orator, I tried what you suggested. It is true that if you click Manage Your Reservation and go to the main info page and then select Shore Excursions from the top menu that you get to another page where it asks you to narrow down the excursions by choosing a type or a city....but when you do make a selection and click....nothing happens.

If you try to click Shore Excursions directly from the list of your reserved cruises you immediately get the error message.

Bottom line...neither option lets you make any shore excursions.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

Orator, I tried what you suggested. It is true that if you click Manage Your Reservation and go to the main info page and then select Shore Excursions from the top menu that you get to another page where it asks you to narrow down the excursions by choosing a type or a city....but when you do make a selection and click....nothing happens.

If you try to click Shore Excursions directly from the list of your reserved cruises you immediately get the error message.

Bottom line...neither option lets you make any shore excursions.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

I was able to complete booking of tours this evening. I logged in and then went to Manage your Reservation for my upcoming 11/16/13 Eclipse. It was no problem and site seems to work just the way it did prior to "upgrade". Good luck to those of you anxiously waiting to look or reserve space for tours on your upcoming cruises. Bobbi

I booked my first Celebrity cruise a few weeks ago, and the website has not worked for the past 10 days. I can get to my reservation and I can click on excursions, beverage packages, etc, but I can't drill any further down to make choices or to see my options. I am using a macbook air and Chrome is my browser. I tried Firefox... it doesn't work either. At one point last week, my reservation wasn't even showing. I must say, if it wasn't for all the positive reviews on Cruise Critic, I would cancel with Celebrity. Totally not impressed. :(

I work for an airline and if this was our reservation system we would be closed down by now or gone back to previous version until the bugs were fixed.

They have 33 days to sort it as I travel in 47 days. But they seem to not know what they are doing and no message on front page so you think it's fixed.

My TA uses the same web site.

How many bookings have the company lost!

Everything is working just fine for me. I brought up, as a test, the George Town, Grand Cayman excursions for my upcoming cruise. And, as I suspected, not much there interests me. :p

But anyway, it seems to be working! :)

A few days ago, I added a cruise on the Reflection in January. I can neither book excursions nor sign up for the connections party. Just told my TA to handle the excursion we want from St. Thomas to St. John. It was cancelled the last time we went to St. Thomas, so I would really like to do it this time. Otherwise, I would say the heck with Celebrity excursions. Normally that's my take on them. This one is easier than taking a cab to Red Hook and catching the ferry there.

Still not working today cannot believe they do not have a contingency plan to roll back the system.

I worked in IT for 41 years and you never roll out a new system or a major upgrade without a back out plan.

They need to sack their IT provider :mad:

I really cannot believe that the Celebrity website is still "Under Maintenance". I have spent the last 8 days trying to access the site without success. My Travel Agent also tried this morning - again without success. This, from Celebrity, is a great example of "Customer Service!"

With some of the things I have read I am think it's to do with the Captains Club number as several people have report no problem and some have reported ring to get Captains club number added then they cannot get in.

I agree about the roll back plan.

With some of the things I have read I am think it's to do with the Captains Club number as several people have report no problem and some have reported ring to get Captains club number added then they cannot get in.

I agree about the roll back plan.

We have no problem with our Captain's Club numbers and/or signing in. However when we click on "Manage My Reservation" or "View My Reservation" we get an error message about maintenance and a a variety of different total prices--a different one each time we click again.:confused: We get no tabs, but we still get the drop-down menu of actions. Each action other than the manage or view choice takes us to a blank page saying the site is under maintenance. I have tried Safari and IE9. Both work the same way. At least we have four months before our cruise, but being able to check that everything is in place after this upgrade would be comforting.

YEA! I just tried again, and found a total price of $350, so that is not fixed. However, I clicked to manage the reservation, and it came up. It says that I have a balance of -$110. I think I'll call and see if I can have it refunded to my credit card. LOL. At least I can see all my excursions, transfer, flight, room assignment, etc. All is still there. If we are due a refund, the upgrade will be worth it, but I will not hold my breath.

Edited by Glendakayself

What gives with the Celebrity website?

This has been going on for way too long.... it shows me a lack of professionalize business practice.

I think those of us already under deposit should shout louder. I cannot access my reservation, plus it shows wrong price, etc.

My complaints alone have been heard by deaf ears. Perhaps if many voices have the same complaint... our voices may finally get this computer problem fixed. There is no reason for this unacceptable business practice.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Sorry it's not working for you. That must be incredibly frustrating. :(

I don't seem to be having any problem accessing my reservations, check in, excursions, etc. And I can search for other cruises too. ???? I am using dolphin on my ipad and have no problems with chrome on my pc for whatever it's worth

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

To All: I have contacted Celebrity and the President Michael Bayley and asked to have paper documents sent to me as our cruise leaves in December and after 2 weeks still cannot access anything. The response was they wouldn't send paper documents complementary and to contact tech support. If I could cancel this cruise I would as the last Celebrity Cruise I was doubled billed for all onboard charges and the last Royal Carribbean a large portion of the ship were triple billed and we all had to stand in lines and call our credit card companies authorizing them to speak to RCCL to get it corrected. Not good customer service as far as I am concerned. There are too many choices to have such hassles. I have spent many hours trying to be sure our reservation is accurate and onboard credits have been applied.

We have no problem with our Captain's Club numbers and/or signing in. However when we click on "Manage My Reservation" or "View My Reservation" we get an error message about maintenance and a a variety of different total prices--a different one each time we click again.:confused: We get no tabs, but we still get the drop-down menu of actions. Each action other than the manage or view choice takes us to a blank page saying the site is under maintenance. I have tried Safari and IE9. Both work the same way. At least we have four months before our cruise, but being able to check that everything is in place after this upgrade would be comforting.

YEA! I just tried again, and found a total price of $350, so that is not fixed. However, I clicked to manage the reservation, and it came up. It says that I have a balance of -$110. I think I'll call and see if I can have it refunded to my credit card. LOL. At least I can see all my excursions, transfer, flight, room assignment, etc. All is still there. If we are due a refund, the upgrade will be worth it, but I will not hold my breath.

In checking our reservations further, I went to the payment details. Instead of a credit of $110.00, it shows we owe $110.00. I checked each item against our invoice and only found an extra $14 in gratuities added. However, they show the correct total and a payment of the correct total. We have already paid in full and printed out our Express Pass. I called Celebrity and asked what they showed as a balance. Answer: $0. I explained what I was seeing, and he said they were still having problems with the website. I really feel sorry for the CVP's at Celebrity. They must be getting frustrated with their frustrated customers!:eek:

Edited by Glendakayself

I just paid off my balance on my upcoming cruise.

I don't know why some people are still continuing to have problems, but someone earlier suggested that perhaps if people cleared their cache that might help. And it might.

In checking our reservations further, I went to the payment details. Instead of a credit of $110.00, it shows we owe $110.00. I checked each item against our invoice and only found an extra $14 in gratuities added. However, they show the correct total and a payment of the correct total. We have already paid in full and printed out our Express Pass. I called Celebrity and asked what they showed as a balance. Answer: $0. I explained what I was seeing, and he said they were still having problems with the website. I really feel sorry for the CVP's at Celebrity. They must be getting frustrated with their frustrated customers!:eek:

I just checked my reservation and it said I owed $5,230. I clicked on "make a payment" again and it said I owed $350. again, and it said I owed $1,254, again and.....well you get the picture! comical really since I owe $1,130 LOL!

I am able to log on and to access all of the excursions whereas I was not able to before, however it still shows that I do not have anything booked.

I received (another) confirmation email of my booking last week (at random) and know that I have the cruise and airfare booked and purchased, but every time that I try to add my reservation it says "invalid loyalty number" so I couldn't add an excursion to my reservation if I tried - would LOVE to be able to manage my reservation online instead of having to try and talk to someone over the phone (which is a chore in itself) so frustrating.

Despite the hassles, X is very good about responding quickly to phone calls.

I had to call this morning ( more erroneous fares) . This time the Suite rate was $1300 pp. LESS on line then when the X rep. tried to find an actual cabin.

I can only imagine the lost revenue resulting from this computer disaster for new bookings.

Penny wise.....

I have not been able to book a tour that we want. This has been going on for a few days. I an view my reservation but not the tours available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's why I use a travel agent. Life is too short to depend on Celebrity's website actually working. I've had this problem before and had it again on my upcoming Reflection cruise. Just sent my TA an e-mail and asked her to book the excursion I want. Handled.