Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

To All: I have contacted Celebrity and the President Michael Bayley and asked to have paper documents sent to me as our cruise leaves in December and after 2 weeks still cannot access anything. The response was they wouldn't send paper documents complementary and to contact tech support. If I could cancel this cruise I would as the last Celebrity Cruise I was doubled billed for all onboard charges and the last Royal Carribbean a large portion of the ship were triple billed and we all had to stand in lines and call our credit card companies authorizing them to speak to RCCL to get it corrected. Not good customer service as far as I am concerned. There are too many choices to have such hassles. I have spent many hours trying to be sure our reservation is accurate and onboard credits have been applied.

:mad: Ever since Dan H. left and Michael Bayley took over there is no customer service! Just look at the way he handled things with the Millie up in Alaska!!!! We think it's time to start writing to Conde Nast Magazine and other places that tout Celebrity's "Customer Service"!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I haven't tried booking anything but everything seems to be OK with my reservations etc.

Kinda hard to find an exact Itinerary anymore tho.

Edit: The Itinerary: guess it doesn't matter cause they don't really have to take you there anyways do they. !

Edited by LeftcoastBC

Nothing has worked for the last 3 weeks for me. We leave saturday, and I can't print my express pass, book anything, nothing! I called and the rep said I don't need my express pass to check in. I also like having a record of our OBC just in case. We have a back to back, so I like having that paper in hand also, but alas, I guess I'm not getting one. what I fear is having to stand in long lines trying to remedy something. We've paid a lot for a very nice suite for 30 days... Regardless, whether we're PH or an inside on 2, there should be some response by X to this mess!

For the record, I've cleared my Firefox cache, and tried both Chrome and IE, and I still get the same brick wall. (Capt Club number wrong, $ paid wrong, no access to the rez at all).

I hope this is not a bad sign...of things to come on our cruise. :(

You can get to the brochure from the shore excursions link at the top of the web page. The click on "advanced search". Fill out the fields for you cruise and you will be able to see all of the excursion descriptions. You just can't book them. But at least you will be able to select what you want, and then call Celebrity.

Has got this messages the last 3 weeks every time I try to view my reservation:

"We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later."

or this message: "Bk Mtrx - Changing tours is not allowed" or "The Brand Name you selected is not valid. Please retry your request or call our customer service desk." or "Site under maintenance"

Every time I click on 'manage Reservation' the 'Total Charge' is changing to a new value - very far from the right value - wonder if I do have a valid reservation?

Has got this messages the last 3 weeks every time I try to view my reservation:

"We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later."

or this message: "Bk Mtrx - Changing tours is not allowed" or "The Brand Name you selected is not valid. Please retry your request or call our customer service desk." or "Site under maintenance"

Every time I click on 'manage Reservation' the 'Total Charge' is changing to a new value - very far from the right value - wonder if I do have a valid reservation?

It's not just happening to you. I'm having identical error messages and issues for about 2 weeks now. You can call them and they will tell you their website is under maintenance. Personally, I would fire whomever is responsible! Surely they are losing business.

[Every time I click on 'manage Reservation' the 'Total Charge' is changing to a new value - very far from the right value - wonder if I do have a valid reservation?

Having sailed Celebrity (exclusively) since 2001 I would not worry about the validity of your reservation. You likely have copies of your payment documentation and cruise specifics.

The current situation is not tolerable I have ( blind?) faith they will honor all records.

Great :

Total Charge: $ 6,588.52 CAD

6588.52$ lol for our 5 night cruise reservation

Still invalid loyalty number, etc.....

What is the most frustrating thing in all of this, is that they keep updating their website with new promos : "Warm Up or Chill Out"

C'mon, stop fooling around with new content of your website if you can't fix the old stuff, i mean CONCENTRATE on what is broken, not on getting new stuff in..... Geezus Murphy

I have been unable to access the excursions section of the Celebrity website for several days. I am able to select destination and interest, but neither the 'find' nor 'advanced filters' respond. Does anyone else have this problem?

This is a consistant error on their site.

Note that the specific excursions for each cruise will not really appear until around 9-6 months prior to sailing anyway, until then the general excursions that may be offered can normally be seen. Good luck:D

With some of the things I have read I am think it's to do with the Captains Club number as several people have report no problem and some have reported ring to get Captains club number added then they cannot get in.

I agree about the roll back plan.

For what it is worth :

I do think it might have to do with CCN and not browser issue. Before i called X last week to change rooms, and that the nice person on the phone asked me if we had sailed before and if we had a CCN, we were able to see our reservation just fine and were able to manage it. Since we had our CCN last april, never been able to link it to our X's website account, but never thought much about it. So the nice X person on the phone asked me what our numbers were and told us that she would link those numbers to our reservation and since we were already at hight Cat, she gave us a discount (very nice). But since she added our CCN to our reservation, cannot access our reservation if I am logged in on my account, cannot make new reservation....but I can make new reservation (or get to payment page) if i do not log in.... So yeah CCN might be part of the problem, in our case anyways.

As for browser, i have tried IE, FF and Chrome, still same problems if I log in and no problems if I don't log in.

And X's complete Radio Silence on the subject really upsets me... At least if they could come on here and tell us the are actively working on ze problem.

Edited by Doudounka
add up

You can get to the brochure from the shore excursions link at the top of the web page. The click on "advanced search". Fill out the fields for you cruise and you will be able to see all of the excursion descriptions. You just can't book them. But at least you will be able to select what you want, and then call Celebrity.

I tried that. You get a page but when you make a selection nothing happens; you do not get to another page with the selection you made.

So I guess I just do have to call X and try to get them to read me the brochure.

Ugh:mad:, I just did an "Online Checkin" for a December cruise. First issue, sorry but at this time you can't order luggage tags, same message I've gotten for days. Next issue, on the TSA page I was listed as a male which I am not and there was no way to edit me to a female.:mad:

I am an unabashed Celebrity cheerleader, but when I've had a sex change unwittingly I'm a bit annoyed;) not to mention the aggravating you can't order luggage tags. I'll end where I started, ugh:mad:!

Edited by Oville

I tried that. You get a page but when you make a selection nothing happens; you do not get to another page with the selection you made.

So I guess I just do have to call X and try to get them to read me the brochure.

I too was having trouble getting info on the excursions, until I tried RIGHT-clicking the link to open it in a separate tab. Then it was possible to access the info. Hope this works for you. :)

Not sure if this is what others have been doing , but I was having problems could not view just about anything.

Then all I did was on the home page I clicked on Already Booked at the top of the page entered res number and it was all there and able to access everything not sure if this helps but it worked for me

I am trying to do my online check-in for a December 9th cruise on the Constellation and keep getting the same error messages. Nothing on the Celebrity website has been working for me since October 30th.

Is there any way to do your check-in by phone with Celebrity?

Are we all going to be held up at the pier while everyone gives all the information that they would normally have given during online check-in?

That's why I use a travel agent. Life is too short to depend on Celebrity's website actually working. I've had this problem before and had it again on my upcoming Reflection cruise. Just sent my TA an e-mail and asked her to book the excursion I want. Handled.

That's fine except when the TA can't get in either. And how do I choose an excursion to book with the TA?

Not sure if this is what others have been doing , but I was having problems could not view just about anything.

Then all I did was on the home page I clicked on Already Booked at the top of the page entered res number and it was all there and able to access everything not sure if this helps but it worked for me

Thanks Chester,

I went the Already Booked route and I did get in to my reservation but when I went to view shore excursions it took me to the page but I could go no farther. It would not let me view any available excursions or details about them. Oh well, at least I can see my reservation, the price is correct and I still have my beverage package.

That's fine except when the TA can't get in either. And how do I choose an excursion to book with the TA?

My TA was able to get me booked when I wasn't. I just looked at the generic descriptions--I already knew what I wanted having booked that excursion on a previous stop in St. Thomas only to have it cancelled. This particular excursion happens to be a good value--ferry to St. John picks you up right at the dock instead of your having to taxi to and from Red Hook to catch the ferry.

If you need to look at all the excursions for your cruise, I think you're hosed. I'd start looking at excursions from local providers--normally they're a better value and you won't be on a big bus with lots of people. What are the other folks on your roll call doing? Good luck!