Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

The day before yesterday (11/6) I could see that we were Elite with 41 credits. Now I get a bright red message stating: We apologize. Unfortunately we are experiencing a technical difficulty and are unable to handle your request at this time. Please try again later.

And on another page that lists the cruises we have booked: Status not available. Please check again later.

Bah! Humbug!

This is so ridiculous

I just went to the celebrity cruise website to book a cruise for the January 10th 2014 Equinox Caribbean cruise for 10 days out of Ft. Lauderdale. Wow....great prices...so I thought. Tried to book a Veranda for the price they listed as $1,189 when you click it the price of $1358.00 comes up. I called to ask for the $1189 price....well we don't have any staterooms for that price they said. I nicely said that they are advertising that price for a veranda stateroom. We don't have any verandas at that price. So I asked about the Aqua class room that they have advertised for $1259.00.....nope those staterooms are really $1911. So what you are advertising and what you really are charging are totally different? I guess she said??? They are advertising wrong prices for all of the 2014 10 day Equinox Caribbean cruises. Do they not honor what they are advertising?

Thoughts?

Edited by dotsofunn

I just went to the celebrity cruise website to book a cruise for the January 10th 2014 Equinox Caribbean cruise for 10 days out of Ft. Lauderdale. Wow....great prices...so I thought. Tried to book a Veranda for the price they listed as $1,189 when you click it the price of $1358.00 comes up. I called to ask for the $1189 price....well we don't have any staterooms for that price they said. I nicely said that they are advertising that price for a veranda stateroom. We don't have any verandas at that price. So I asked about the Aqua class room that they have advertised for $1259.00.....nope those staterooms are really $1911. So what you are advertising and what you really are charging are totally different? I guess she said??? They are advertising wrong prices for all of the 2014 10 day Equinox Caribbean cruises. Do they not honor what they are advertising?

Thoughts?

Saw the same thing this morning. I believe the low rates they are showing reflect the military discount that is being offered for the Veterans Day sale. Obviously it shouldn't show up as the best rate available since not everyone qualifies. Add it to the list of website issues.

Saw the same thing this morning. I believe the low rates they are showing reflect the military discount that is being offered for the Veterans Day sale. Obviously it shouldn't show up as the best rate available since not everyone qualifies. Add it to the list of website issues.

I tried that and it still doesn't lower the price enough to equal out what they are advertising as the lowest rate. I called to ask what you needed to do to qualify for the price they are advertising and the celebrity agent didn't know? Go figure!

No that is not the case I checked every box and used my CC number and still could not get anywhere close to the rate they are showing.

Here is what they advertise

Aqua Class 593.00 USD

Here is what the lowest rate is with everything checked off as you can see the CC offer is lower than the Military rate - and is still not close to the $593 they advertise.

Captain's Club Deployment (Standard) (CEL)

721.00 USD*†

Thoughts?

Hi Dotsofunn,

At first, I thought this might be related to either the Military promo or the Giving Thanks promo. As others have suggested, in most cases, the math does not work, so I'm having my doubts about this. We may need to chalk it up to the ongoing issues with the website.

Have you considered calling Captains Club, and asking to speak with a supervisor ? Perhaps they can be more helpful... though I wouldn't keep my hopes very high on this one. Good Luck !

I am so glad I found this forum, I thought I was losing my mind. Celebrity lost my business for excursions since I was unable to book them online.:mad:

Hi Sfdtiller,

Have you tried calling 1-800-722-5941 (option 2) ? They should be able to assist with booking your excursions. Good Luck !

Just tried to access both reservations and no go. Two weeks now and the website is still a mess. What's even worse is the silence from X on this issue.

I agree Cruisingator. I totally accept that things can go wrong during website updates.... bur Celebrity's silence is disappointing. I've reached out to Celebrity a few times. While they have responded, their answers were not definitive - so I had nothing new to share, or I surely would have posted.

IMO, The bigger issue is, their website has so many things wrong with it, that they keep trying to band-aid the ongoing issues, which apparantly only makes things worse. As I've said on here for many years... until they bite the bullet, and build an entirely new website from the ground up, I expect ongoing issues of various degrees to continue. Why Celebrity refuses to consider this, is mind boggling... especially in light of recent events, which must be costing them a huge amount of lost revenues & profits. If they had taken my advice way back when... we wouldn't be sitting here, dealing with yet another frustrating series of events with their website.

I read something interesting about website programming. For every 1 line of code that's created or changed, it creates the potential for 4 new errors throughout any website. Taking into consideration how many lines of new/updated code must have been added to Celebrity's website in the last update, it explains why things are going wrong. Of course, a vigorous amount of pre-testing could have avoided much of this, and I've repeatedly asked Celebrity to allow Captains Club members to preview and test updates before they are released, but they do not seem to wish to go in that direction. Hopefully, this situation will allow Celebrity to reconsider reaching out to their Guests. If Celebrity is reading this, as always, I'd be happy to volunteer my assistance.

BTW, I understand that many of our members are frustrated at Celebrity's IT team. I actually feel sorry for them, as they are doing as told, and are likely fighting a losing battle. At this point, the only answer is a new site and hardware to back the new site, if they wish to compete effectively.

Edited by Host Andy

UGH.... I'm trying to book Nov 2014 NZ... I can see that the cabin I want is open on TWO other sites but can't get the X site to let me have it. Actually, it won't let me have any cabin number I put in! Yep, I can call but that is not the point. (I'm just trying to lock in two different dates in case you see that I have countdown clock for Nov 2014 already)

Edited by Zubsin

For days I've been trying to access my reservation (which has already been paid in full) in order to book dinning. Every single time it says that they are doing system maintenance. Is that the norm? Do I have to call instead of doing it on line?

For days I've been trying to access my reservation (which has already been paid in full) in order to book dinning. Every single time it says that they are doing system maintenance. Is that the norm? Do I have to call instead of doing it on line?

There are current issues with Celebrity's website. I've moved your post to the Celebrity website thread, where you can view our members comments. I suggest calling 1-800-722-5941 for assistance. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

There are current issues with Celebrity's website. I've moved your post to the Celebrity website thread, where you can view our members comments. I suggest calling 1-800-722-5941 for assistance. I hope this is helpful !

Thank you. I'll call because we are cruising during the holidays and I'm sure it will be a sold out sail.

I finally after two weeks was able to access my reservation through my My Celebrity account. I still can't see available shore excursions but hopefully that will follow. I don't sail until 6/2 so we still have plenty of time.

Well that is new :

logo.png

We're Sorry

Site under maintenance

um.jpg

We apologize for the inconvenience

In an effort to better serve you, we are currently making enhancements to our site. We appreciate your patience during this time, and encourage you to return here shortly.

Website is completely offline for me.....

Crossing fingers : Maybe a fix ?

lol i only wish

I've been able to access my reservation which is paid-in-full since Tuesday and even access shore excursions and book. The only problem is that the reservation page shows a balance of $-110, and the payment detail page shows $110 owed next month. I called Tuesday evening and was told they showed a $0 balance. Today I checked to see where the discrepancy was occurring. They have dropped our $124 transfers and added $14 to our gratuities leaving a balance of -$110. However the transfers appear on the transportation page.:confused:

I called Captain's Club who assured that the transfers were in place, that the balance is $0, and sent me a new invoice with correct info. Hope the transfers show up in the documents.

I really feel sorry for the phone reps who have been dealing with the consequences of the programming difficulties for two weeks.

For those of you who are having a problem printing an Xpress pass (it says not ready), check to see if the website update is causing your reservation to show an outstanding balance.

I had been unable to print my Xpress pass - it said not ready. When I checked my reservation it showed a small outstanding balance. As we are paid in full (cruise is in 2 weeks), I called and they verified that we were paid in full. I still was unable to do the Xpress pass. So I called again this morning and asked if the website showed that we had an outstanding balance even though we were paid in full, would that prevent me from getting our Xpress pass. The rep thought that might be the problem so he said he would take care of it and email me when he got it fixed. I went on tonight and sure enough, our outstanding balance was gone and I was finally able to print our Xpress pass.

I am having trouble trying to book as a solo, each time the pricing comes up with 2 instead of 1.:confused: Anyone else have this issue????

I think this is normal, as there are no solo rooms on X, so even solo, you need to pay for 2 people. If i am not mistaken rooms are for a minimum of 2 "paying" person.

No, you are not alone!! I have tried for the past two weeks for our Dec 1 cruise and it is as you say. I finally booked with an independent tour guide. Celebrity's website is under renovation for "enhancements."

Thanks. I guess I will book independent also.

Am I the only one that can not get beyond the first page of their tours. I am interested in one and all I can do is get to the page where it asked the type and can not get further. Help!

I am having the same problem tonight...I use google chrome....I want to look at the shore excursions so we can start to research for next nov ta..

Had problems with looking at booking last week but I wasn't sure if it was me or the site since I still don't understand the circles the booking site sends folks in...Find other lines sites more straight forward...put in booking number...look at booking or look at passenger infor or tours....