My husband lost his ID today and we fly out next Friday!

cruisecritiquer

It's in South America, and thus not part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative region, which is comprised of Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean region.

This is great information - thanks for posting it. If I'm understanding you correctly, this means that since we are U.S. Citizens, we will not have to participate in an immigration process until disembarkation day when we sail the Gem to San Juan, St. Martin, St. Thomas and Samana?

I am pretty sure you need non-expired ID to board the ship. Did you happen to see the TV show where they actually denied some passengers access to the ship? I would call NCL and ask them exactly what you could bring to get on. I thought you always needed a passport for cruising. I hope you found the license.

It's not expired. :)

I think you're toast.

What you need to do is overnight deliver all of your cruise docs to me, then contact NCL and let them know We will be taking your place on this trip.

This is probably the only way of saving yourself total embarrassment at the pier.:D:D:D

I think you're toast.

What you need to do is overnight deliver all of your cruise docs to me, then contact NCL and let them know We will be taking your place on this trip.

This is probably the only way of saving yourself total embarrassment at the pier.:D:D:D

20.gifYou are probably right! Why do I even try. Just email me your address and passenger names and I'll go ahead and sign over the room for $750.00. This way we can at least get our deposit back. 40.gif

My DD had her wallet stolen 2 days before our first cruise and was stressed to the max...we were on CCL that time and when we called them, they said that happens alot and told us she needed a temp lic and a pic ID of some sort...either work or something...Well, in TX, the temp DL has your pic on it, so it turns out all we needed was that and the birth certificate.

This is great information - thanks for posting it. If I'm understanding you correctly, this means that since we are U.S. Citizens, we will not have to participate in an immigration process until disembarkation day when we sail the Gem to San Juan, St. Martin, St. Thomas and Samana?

I wouldn't want to guarantee anything. CBP changes its procedures all the time.

:)

20.gifYou are probably right! Why do I even try. Just email me your address and passenger names and I'll go ahead and sign over the room for $750.00. This way we can at least get our deposit back. 40.gif

I don't know you but have read all the posts about your DH lost ID. You sound like such a nice person and very competent. I like your style very much - you write so well and seem like a lovely person. Will be watching for your post (from the ship) on Friday. Best of luck and smooth sailing.

Wendy

All I got on me is a couple hundred. Will that do?

Actually, I used to live in Charlotte. One thaang I found out while there was, the best way to get someone to do something for you that isn't standard operating procedure, is to go find ol' Bubba, buy a gallon of moon off'n him, and give it to the person you are trying to convince that you need it done NOW. Works like a charm.

Seriously though, by what I have read, it sounds like you have things covered. I don't recall reading whether or not you contacted NCL directly about if your current documentation will suffice, but for how thorough you sound, I'm sure you did.

Once on board, you have yourself one MAJOR trump card you can play all week long. Make sure you take full advantage of it!<<< This is coming from a guy.

Y'aawl enjoy your trip now, ya hear?

I hope to see you AND DH on the ship. ;)

What is the status of your situation?

I did not read all the other posts since yesterday b/c I've been trying to book an excurison that I want in St. Thomas... so all the haters out there please don't reply that I should have read the status before I asked :).

I will say that you do not need a passport, I don't have one and have been on 15 cruises. I use by birth cert. Your licesnse on the other had is just an airline issue.

I will certainly be looking for you Saturday and would love to know if you made it... hope so!

I haven't flown in years but what do they compare the address on the ID to?? Same as for getting on the ship? I thought they were just comparing name and birthdate to the name and birthdate on the birth certificate? Am I having forgetting something??? :confused:

Yes, you're forgetting where you are reading!<g> Of course there will be the "ones" that know the husband is doomed, never to see a cruise..... let alone get on a plane. Cracked up at the judgmental one re: who's id is it, anyway!

Kudos to the OP for taking the correct steps to plan for potential problems/delays.

No doubt, you'll have a wonderful trip. Most important, thanks for serving!

YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!

CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg) Police Dept just came to our house and guess what...they personally dropped off my husband's ID card. He dropped it in the street near Panther Stadium.

OMG

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Wow, that is such good news! I have been following your saga since your first post and have been sending good thoughts your way. I am so glad to hear that it has been resolved so now you can just get excited about your trip without the added worry. Have an amazing trip, I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!

CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg) Police Dept just came to our house and guess what...they personally dropped off my husband's ID card. He dropped it in the street near Panther Stadium.

OMG

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Amazing and wonderful.

And kudos to the officers involved!

That's some special service ;-)

As someone else recently said, we thank YOU (OP) for your service.

And obviously you know how much they'd appreciate special thanks and feedback to their department.

(It's so easy to criticize bad service. We always try to give recognition to anyone who gives great service, especially when they go "above and beyond" what is expected.)

I can't put into words how much we appreciate the service of those like you, so that WE can enjoy so much of our own lives, including things just like these cruises.

We are both SO glad that this had a happy ending so that you can relax and KNOW that you'll have no troubles getting on the plane and on and off the ship at various ports.

HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION.

And have a wonderful evening - you can relax a bit now, thank goodness :)

Oh, and have DH get that passport, so all 3 of you can dash off "wherever", and "whenever". Or just enjoy thinking about it :D

GeezerCouple

Did you tip the police officer, or is he included in the DSC? :p

Congrats on getting back

Permission to poison your husband's oatmeal if he says "See? That's why I wasn't worried. I knew someone would find it"

:D