My husband lost his ID today and we fly out next Friday!

cruisecritiquer

Did you tip the police officer, or is he included in the DSC? :p

Congrats on getting back

Permission to poison your husband's oatmeal if he says "See? That's why I wasn't worried. I knew someone would find it"

:D

I tried. She said she could not accept anything. I'm going to mail a thank you card and a small gift to her division though. :)

YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!

CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg) Police Dept just came to our house and guess what...they personally dropped off my husband's ID card. He dropped it in the street near Panther Stadium.

OMG

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Does this mean our deal is off?

CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg) Police Dept just came to our house and guess what...they personally dropped off my husband's ID card. He dropped it in the street near Panther Stadium.

OMG

This is all of that good karma coming back to you from all of the help you have offered others on this board :D. Time to celebrate!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

My cousin Vickie is Chief of Police in Charlotte. I also have a cousin on the force.

I would be truly amazing if one of them delivered the ID to you.

I am so glad.

Don't know your faith, but God is good.

See you on board.

Now go have the best cruise ever with no stress for the week. You sure have an awesome police department. You should let a local media outlet like a TV station know about this, our first responders too often get so many bad raps and a public service deed over and above like this is so enlightening.

OMG

NICE!! Awesome news :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

My cousin Vickie is Chief of Police in Charlotte. I also have a cousin on the force.

I would be truly amazing if one of them delivered the ID to you.

I am so glad.

Don't know your faith, but God is good.

See you on board.

My father is a retired police officer (homicide detective) and our best friends and neighbors are officers. I am so thankful for their reaching out to us and bringing it all the way from uptown to our house. We don't live anywhere near uptown. I had to really fight the impulse not to hug that lady and I told her as much. :)

Edited by cruisecritiquer

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! All the good you have shared with others and now it comes back to you and your family! So happy and can't wait for your updates when you get back. Safe travels, smooth sailing and lots of sun for you!

Hallelujah!

CatInFlight.jpg

Hallelujah is exactly how I feel. If you all just knew the day I had yesterday. I was at my wit's end. I had my cell phone stolen around 4:30 PM yesterday. :( I took my son to get a hair cut and he was playing with some apps on the phone. Since I'm always accused of hovering, I sat in the lobby where I could still see him. At the end of him getting his hair cut, I asked him where the phone was and he didn't know. He had gone to the restroom in the middle of it all and I have a feeling he took it in there and someone found it. Several people came in and left while we were there so who knows. I tried to track my phone on Lookout but apparently they were smart enough to turn off my phone and GPS signal so my phone's signal could not be located. I was, however, able to wipe my phone's data successfully (at least that's what the confirmation said). I had just gotten back from the cell phone store to cry to DH about it when the wonderful miraculous officer came to the door with DH's ID. At first I thought it was our neighbor who is an officer and a good friend of ours. When I opened the door initially I was like :confused: I really did cry after she left. This has been a crazy week.

And it's funny, I was just saying to a friend of mine several weeks ago how boring my life was as far as nothing much happening...how smooth everything had been and she was like enjoy it. Boring is a good thing. Wow, how things changed this week! I am not worried about the phone. I'm blessed that I could just waltz into the store and replace it. In fact, I was going to file an insurance claim but since the upgrade was the same price as the deductible for the insurance, I just decided to upgrade and get my phone the same day rather than having it over-nighted so I would receive it Thursday. I didn't want to take any chances that I'd have to go on this trip with no cell phone.

Anyway, all is well that ends well I think the saying goes.

Now I am really truly officially ready for a vacation. :D My problems have been extremely minor compared to some things other CCs have had to endure prior to their travels. I know there are people out there recovering from the death of loved ones or taking care of someone who is ill... trying to just take a breather before they get back into a chaotic life. Reading a post from another member here concerning some of the troubles in her own life has really put things in perspective for me. I have the peace of God this morning and for that I am thankful and blessed.

Thank you for all your encouraging words. You guys are the best bunch of people I never met. :D I hope to change that in just a few days. :)

Alhtough I rareley comment on this board, I do read it quite a bit as we contemplate where and when next to cruise.

I have to say you are always positive and supportive in your posts, such a positive vibe.

Have been following your ups and downs over the last week and just wanted to say have a great time with your family. You deserve it.

OMG

That is wonderful news! Now I hope you can relax and enjoy your cruise!

:)

I don't know you but have read all the posts about your DH lost ID. You sound like such a nice person and very competent. I like your style very much - you write so well and seem like a lovely person. Will be watching for your post (from the ship) on Friday. Best of luck and smooth sailing.

Wendy

What a sweet thing to say. Thank you so much. :)

Thank you to everyone!