My husband lost his ID today and we fly out next Friday!

cruisecritiquer

I am so mad I could spit. If you see him on the cruise (if he makes it) please heckle him!

He went to an NFL game this afternoon and left his ID somewhere in the silver club. UGH!

Of course he doesn't tell me until 10 minutes ago so I can think about it all night but I can't call anyone to do anything about it. :rolleyes: He could have just told me during regular business hours tomorrow so I could at least take action...make some phone calls...etc.

So we leave in how many ever days it says on the countdown, our DMV doesn't let you have your ID same day and he doesn't have a passport. This is great!

I have no idea how this is going to turn out if they don't have it at the stadium tomorrow. :(

How is he going to get on a plane? :rolleyes:

Edited by cruisecritiquer

I am so mad I could spit. If you see him on the cruise (if he makes it) please heckle him!

He went to an NFL game this afternoon and left his ID somewhere in the silver club. UGH!

Of course he doesn't tell me until 10 minutes ago so I can think about it all night but I can't call anyone to do anything about it. :rolleyes: He could have just told me during regular business hours tomorrow so I could at least take action...make some phone calls...etc.

So we leave in how many ever days it says on the countdown, our DMV doesn't let you have your ID same day and he doesn't have a passport. This is great!

I have no idea how this is going to turn out if they don't have it at the stadium tomorrow. :(

Thats terrible! I hope he finds it at the stadium-best of uck. My fingers are crossed for you.

You won't get on a plane without it. Go direct to your DMV and pay extra if you have to for a faster response if you have to.

Thats terrible! I hope he finds it at the stadium-best of uck. My fingers are crossed for you.

Oh I so hope it works out for you. My husband is in Vegas for a equipment show the week before our March cruise & I have visions of him losing passport.

If you get close to crunch time , do two things.

1st , call your state Rep and ask him/her to get in touch with your local DMV on you behalf.

2nd , go to your local DMV and tell them you need an " Emergency" "Replacement" ( drivers lics. , State ID , ect . )

You'd be surprised what these fellas can do with a phone call..

I have been reading your posts for a few days now, and you seem to try and help so many people. I hope all cc people see this and say a prayer that he finds his ID. I know I am praying for him. Good luck!!!

If you get close to crunch time , do two things.

1st , call your state Rep and ask him/her to get in touch with your local DMV on you behalf.

2nd , go to your local DMV and tell them you need an " Emergency" "Replacement" ( drivers lics. , State ID , ect . )

You'd be surprised what these fellas can do with a phone call..

Sigh...I lost my ID one time when I needed to fly. I wasn't scheduled for a cruise or anything with a deadline but I was in OH visiting a friend and I had a CA driver's license. I did need to get home eventually. CA DMV overnighted this giant sized (8X11) driver's license for me to fly with and it expired in like two weeks. They made me pay a pretty penny for it too. It worked to get me back home though. So I'm sure they have protocols in place for things like this. I just can't wait to find out how much red tape that's gonna be for this state.

DH is sleeping like a baby (and here I am pulling my hair out) LOL...oh the joys of marriage. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered a duplicate driver's license for him. It says it will be here in 10 days or less but I'll just pray that it gets here sooner. A friend of mine said she got hers on the 2nd day after ordering. That would put it here on Wednesday. I at least have a receipt. In the interim we'll see what we can get DMV to do by taking your advice above.

Thanks for listening guys!

I have been reading your posts for a few days now, and you seem to try and help so many people. I hope all cc people see this and say a prayer that he finds his ID. I know I am praying for him. Good luck!!!

Thank you! I appreciate that. :) I wish one of you worked at the NC DMV but prayers can do miracles as well. :)

Thank you! I appreciate that. :) I wish one of you worked at the NC DMV but prayers can do miracles as well. :)

I, as well as many on CC, wish you luck and send many good vibes that things work out ok for you. Best of luck and I know how frustrating it is but, even knowing as little as I do about you, I'm confident you'll get it done ASAP and be just fine in time for your fab. cruise.

Good luck

Please post his photo and will be happy to heckle him. Good luck.

Btw. With a grain of salt you apparently can fly (domestically) without Photo ID provided you're able to confirm your identity through other means... It's just very very very inconvenient to attempt to do so.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/04/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-can-you-fly.html

Just as you can enter the US without a passport if you are a US Citizen, just don't count on making your flight and be prepared to jump through lots of hoops and deal with very irate DHS and customs officials ;)

Edited by kylenyc

Oh man. I feel so bad for you. That sucks.

Does he have an old expired ID? If he does you can take it to the DMV. They will stamp out the expired date. Then they will print you a paper ID. The expired ID and the paper ID can be used and will satisfy the TSA. This is in California. Not sure I it is the same in NY but worth a try.

My fingers are crossed and I am praying or you. Good luck.

I would for sure go to the DNV office in person and see what they can do to expedite a copy for you. In some states they can issue a temporary copy with a color picture which the TSA will accept for boarding planes, do not know about NCL but you should call them too just in case. I took out my drivers license when I lived in Texas 2 days before a flight for a vacation and it had expired (which the TSA will not accept) and I got one of those temporary copies with my picture that got me on the plane. With all the cruises you take maybe it is time to get a passport for a good photo ID backup, they are good for 10 years too. Good luck.

O M Gosh I hope this works out for you! Here in SC you get your license in 5 minutes. They print it out right at the counter...

Seems odd to me that they make you wait. So if a teen takes their driving test and passes they don't get the joy of posing for their picture and walking out with their newly minted license? What a bummer!

Good thoughts that everything turns out good. You said you were in NC right? I would call the DMV and explain the situation (maybe leave out the lost at football game part) and see if they can push it along.

Otherwise an option for you is to get a same day passport, but there doesn't seem to be a close location (Maybe GA or DC?)

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

It might cost a little $$$ but I would try to get a passport. You can pay the extra fee and have it done in 3-4 days.

I know every state DMV is different, but I don't see a problem getting a Dupe license in time.

2 of my kids have lost their licenses at one point or another and though it has been awhile , I don't remember it taking long to get another.

Like others have said it may cost you some, but you should be able to get it.

Of course try the stadium first , someone might have turned it in.

Good luck

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone at the stadium found it and turned it in to the lost and found.

I hope so, too! Have him search everywhere including the car and where he put his clothes, wallet, etc. when he got home.

I thought I lost my license at a local festival two weeks ago. After talking with the local police who had found two other person's licenses, I found mine laying where I'd dumped out my fanny pack. I felt really dumb and had to call and apologize, of course. I am hoping you get good news when you call in the morning. Meanwhile, have him do a better search than I did.

No, you would need to submit "Secondary Evidence" which her as his wife could be an identifying witness along with as much other things to prove his identity.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/secondary_evidence/secondary_evidence_4314.html

Sounds like a viable alternative then.

Edited by sparks1093

Thanks everyone. I've read all of your responses. We live in NC now. I went up to Bank of America stadium today and spoke with security before work. They are going to look for it in the section where he was and in the concession area. I pray they find it.

I called the DMV and spoke to "Examiner Peabody" who told me that the duplicate takes 8-10 days to come in the mail and that there is nothing they can give him so that he can fly. She was cranky. Anyway, that really shocked me that there's no alternative for this situation. Several years ago you could walk into the DMV and out with a hard copy of your ID. No longer...and I guess since they put their new system into place they haven't done anything at all about exceptional circumstances.

I called a second DMV and they also stated there was nothing they were permitted to give out. The gentleman was much nicer but he said that all ID's have to come from a centralized location and they are not permitted to give anyone anything other than a confirmation/receipt of what they requested. :(

So, what we are going to do today is go to Charlotte-Douglas Airport with his old ID, the receipt for the new ID we ordered last night, his birth certificate, his social security card, a utility statement, our marriage license, tax return, and anything else we can find that is from a reputable source and speak to TSA. Perhaps if they have advanced notice of the situation we can work something out with them and he can fly on Friday without as much of a delay. At the very least TSA can let us know if he will be able to fly with these documents even if we have to go through a big screening process when we get there.

Worse case scenario there's a drive to GA or VA in our future to see if we can get a passport! :eek:

This reminds me of our first cruise when the airlines inadvertently short checked our luggage in Orlando (our connection) instead of checking it through to Miami. I called and called and called and called Orlando and they kept promising to put our luggage on the next flight but as of the next day (our embarkation day) it still wasn't in Miami. I went to the airport and just begged and begged someone to find out what was going on. Just as we were about to leave at 1:15 to head to the Port (without our luggage)...I saw them bring it to the luggage kiosk...one piece of our luggage after the other. I've never been so thankful to see luggage in all my days. We were so stressed out you should have seen our embarkation photo. We looked like a bunch of frazzled lost souls.

No, you would need to submit "Secondary Evidence" which her as his wife could be an identifying witness along with as much other things to prove his identity.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/secondary_evidence/secondary_evidence_4314.html

You need birth certificates