"Plush" woman and tankini or skirtini

babchia

I am a "plush", fluffy or plus size woman and looking at getting a new bathing suit. I am thinking about a tankini/skirtini for ease of sizing, getting it on (yeah, hate the struggle) and for bathroom break.

What do you think? What experiences have you had? Do the top and bottom roll away from each other? Will I be constantly pulling the top down?

They make so many complimentary styles of bathing suites in mix and match styles, from JC Penny all the way upto Nordstroms.

I buy one classy tankini, and one for beachie days from JC Penneys.

Go try on and have fun.

You will be amazed at some of the styles people wear, that look awesome and others will wear stuff they shouldnt.

Enjoy

If you don't take the tankini too small, it shouldn't roll up and I think it will look great.

It will probably go up some when you are swimming. It does for me (I'm a size 6, maybe it makes a difference, maybe not) but I don't think much people are looking under water.

I've had good luck with online shopping at swimsuitsforall.com

They often have sales so check the site often for the best price. You can mix and match different tops with bottoms - I like a skirt kind of bottom and a tankini top. I think it gives coverage without looking like I'm 90.

Everything I've gotten is true to size. Great customer service.

Don't like Tankini's, they seem to always have a gap leaving you with an open midsection. Try one on and move around a little to make sure it will stay secure and not ride up.

There are tankinis and then there are tankinis, all are not created equally.;) They are all that I've bought for the last several years and have not had any gaps. I'm not fluffy but it should still make no difference if you get the right one. As someone else said, Land's End has a great selection of mix and match, the quality is good and they do have sales. I've also found them on eBay from one particular seller.

I have 3 of them and they are great for ease of putting on/taking off. I don't have many issues with them except when I am swimming laps, then the skirtini especially tends to float up. No problems if I am just walking, sitting, floating in the pool.

I love tankinis/skirting - You are so right make bathroom breaks so much easier!

I have 2 bottoms, one black, one brown, then 2 tops which can be worn with either. You just have to watch the lengths of the tops, some are shorter, others longer. If you're ordering online really look at the pictures to find the longer ones.

I found nice ones at swimsuitsforall.com and found a good coupon code giving me free shipping! I am very large, biggest bottom and next to biggest top. I got one skirt bottom and 2 tank tops and a swimdress. I like their return policy, too. When I get them, I will try them all on and let everyone know.

thanks for the imput.

I found nice ones at swimsuitsforall.com and found a good coupon code giving me free shipping! I am very large, biggest bottom and next to biggest top. I got one skirt bottom and 2 tank tops and a swimdress. I like their return policy, too. When I get them, I will try them all on and let everyone know.

Yea! So happy for you. :) As I said, I purchased from them too and enjoyed their shipping time (less than 48 hours to Canada!), selection, and return policy if I had needed it.

Can you show us which ones you got? You can link to them or post the pictures.

I am not plushy, but I purchased the tankini for another reason (hiding a scar).

Spent more time adjusting than anything. Just horrible. I agree with another poster..the hot tubs are the worst for these. Never again. Will stick with the one piece from now on.:)

Easy to get on and on swimsuits for all, you can order different sizes for top and bottom with no extra cost. Keep eyes open for sales. Great sizes for low prices. I use my set in aqua zumba class with no exposure.:cool: Had for 1 year, chlorine resistant. Plus you can change tops or bottoms only without buying a new set. Great prices, half price now. Recently brought some sets for my daughter and myself for 70% off.

I wear black swim shorts (the baggy style) with different tankini tops. I prefer my tops to be longer and fuller at the hips. When swimming, sometimes (ok, all the time) I have to tuck in the front and back of the top while underwater and then pull it back out before getting out of the water. No big deal.

I'm busty and smaller on bottom, but still prefer a skirt bottom. I've had success with Land's End. If you're concerned about length, many tops come in a longer length that may make you more comfortable. I take advantage of the DDD sized tops. The one I bought this year (left one behind in a hotel, realized it months later), was underwire and offered decent support. I got a matching skirt on clearance.

Good luck with your purchases!

I haven't had problems with tankini tops floating up. Mine fit fairly close though, they are not at all loose around the waist area, which might make a difference.

One of my tankini's makes me look kind of lumpy, but the other one is amazing and as nice looking as any bathing suit I've ever owned. (Also the most expensive bathing suit I've ever owned, but fits like a dream and really shows off the good and camoflages the bad.)

I ama a 14/16 - 26/38DD - so very BUSTY but my issue is I HATE my upper thighs and I have major stomach scars (bowel resection scar) so I love m swim dresses - they flatter so much and I am comfortable in them - although I ahve no put one on in over a year as this summer we did the Baltics so no need for one and never did make it to the beach either this summer

Sharon

I am a "plush", fluffy or plus size woman and looking at getting a new bathing suit. I am thinking about a tankini/skirtini for ease of sizing, getting it on (yeah, hate the struggle) and for bathroom break.

What do you think? What experiences have you had? Do the top and bottom roll away from each other? Will I be constantly pulling the top down?

Last year I found that onestopplus.com had quite a few swimdresses with DETATCHED bottoms. Love love love them. Since they are cut like a dress they are a bit flowy and there is no worry about the top riding up. With the bottom detached it is easy on and off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk