Favorite HAL Deserts?

Sea Belle

Love Sweets?What would you say is your favorite HAL desert? I need a refresher course before my Thanksgiving cruise. :D

My favorite is the raspberry cheesecake in the Pinnacle Grille and the Limoncello Crème in the Canaletto. MDR is the "Chocolate Purse" but that seems to have been removed from the menu. Had a chocolate soufflé this cruise in the MDR and it was wonderful. For lunch in the Lido, the bread pudding, of course! ;)

This isn't a dessert but it seems like one when you taste it. I love the creamy fruit soups that HAL serves. I can't actually remember a single specific dessert from any of my meals in the main dining room but I distinctly remember the sweet, creamy goodness of the blueberry soup one night and the mango soup another night.

The room service chocolate cake with raspberry coulis. Creme brulee. Have had good and bad souffles. Last cruise we had something that had a dark chocolate shell, with some dark chocolate ganache, and it was pretty darn good.

Edited by CowPrincess

I completely agree! My favorite is the cold pear and ginger soup. MMMmmm. Just a moment - I need to wipe the corner of my mouth! :) But I haven't ever had one of their cold fruit soups that I didn't love. They are incredibly delicious. I could enjoy them for appetizer, main, and dessert. :) Cold raspberry soup, and an amazing watermelon soup one night were also memorable. If they poured them over ice cream, then I can say without a doubt that they would be my favorite dessert. As it is, I would have to say the raspberry cheesecake takes first place for me, followed by the bread pudding for a close second.

This isn't a dessert but it seems like one when you taste it. I love the creamy fruit soups that HAL serves. I can't actually remember a single specific dessert from any of my meals in the main dining room but I distinctly remember the sweet, creamy goodness of the blueberry soup one night and the mango soup another night.

Cappuccino Bombe. It disappeared for awhile, then we saw it a few years ago, with a new name, I can't remember what they were calling it.

Thank you, Typhoon1! I was trying to recall the name, yes Cappuccino Bombe! :) I love any dessert that has coffee as an ingredient. DH loves the Sundae that is always on the menu....our dining steward always knew what to bring him.

Karen

Thank you, Typhoon1! I was trying to recall the name, yes Cappuccino Bombe! :) I love any dessert that has coffee as an ingredient. DH loves the Sundae that is always on the menu....our dining steward always knew what to bring him.

Karen

When it reappeared, it was called Caribbean ........... Let me know if you see it around with the new name.

The creme brulee in the "Available Every Day" menu of the MDR - not the creme brulee in the Pinnacle Grill. And of course, the ice creams in the Lido are very good, too. Try to stay away from them.

:confused:When did HAL start to have Creme Brulee on the Everyday menu? I know that some other cruise lines have this, it seems like Celebrity did but do not recall HAL have a dessert at all on the Every Day menu. If I would have know that I would have been ordering it.

Now my favorite is actually the Le Cirque Creme Brulee or the lunch Pinnacle Lime Pana Cotta.

:confused:When did HAL start to have Creme Brulee on the Everyday menu? I know that some other cruise lines have this, it seems like Celebrity did but do not recall HAL have a dessert at all on the Every Day menu. If I would have know that I would have been ordering it.

Now my favorite is actually the Le Cirque Creme Brulee or the lunch Pinnacle Lime Pana Cotta.

I'll have to try the Lime Pana Cotta, Lisa. Love anything lemon or lime!

Cappuccino Bombe. It disappeared for awhile, then we saw it a few years ago, with a new name, I can't remember what they were calling it.

When it reappeared, it was called Caribbean ........... Let me know if you see it around with the new name.

I used to love the Cappuccino Bombe. I hadn't seen it for years but I barely read the dessert menu these days. There are very few that interest me. No where nearly as good as they used to be IMO

I used to love the Cappuccino Bombe. I hadn't seen it for years but I barely read the dessert menu these days. There are very few that interest me. No where nearly as good as they used to be IMO

You're not missing much. I love desserts but I don't eat sugar at home unless it's a major holiday. When I eat it I want it to be really good. Hal had a caramel chocolate dessert on the Eurodam that made me want to lick the plate:D. Can't recall what it was called but it was good. That's rare on Hal.

I'm delighted nothing tempts me. When I stopped ordering desserts, it was because though some looked good, most have no taste. If you don't put good ingredients in, you don't get a delicious result when cooking or baking. Ingredients and/or pre-purchased cakes/pies etc are not what they used to be nor is their ice cream IMO

I'm delighted nothing tempts me. When I stopped ordering desserts, it was because though some looked good, most have no taste. If you don't put good ingredients in, you don't get a delicious result when cooking or baking. Ingredients and/or pre-purchased cakes/pies etc are not what they used to be nor is their ice cream IMO

Totally agree.

I often find that HAL's desserts look really good - but don't have the taste to back it up. Usually rather bland and tasteless, including the chocolatey stuff. If I have dessert I usually for the no-sugar added.

I do, too. I wonder why it is that the "no sugar added" desserts taste better than the others :confused: At least they do to me!

Very often, I order a fruit plate for dessert. I do love the cold soups, but there's so much cream in those that I can only have a spoonful or so. I also did love the chocolate purse. I used to like the choclate volcano in the Pinnacle, but after I discovered if they left it in for one minute too long, it was overdone, I stopped ordering it. Pinnacle's Creme Brulee is very good, except for the one I tried on Veendam. They didn't have any brown sugar to make the topping. So, these days, I stick to fruit.