Towel Animals

doublebzz

Having multiple towel animals? Never has happened for us! We enjoy and "protect" each night's creation - usually putting it on the back/top of the couch. But they've always been replaced each night by another one. The idea of having them build up until you've got a week's worth?

EEK??? (Not to mention a longer cruise............)

Hi

I only get one per nght and its gone the next day. I had a cute dog and I was going to ask if I could take him home but when I picked it up it feel apart.My Last night (yesterday) I finally got the monkey. One night I forgot to remove the privicy sg and missedout on my towel anial. Inever get a collection. Its has been my first question to my cabin steward.

Mary

Since the room stewards are extra busy these days with more cabins to take care of than in the past, I would think it would save them a huge amount of time if they did not take the time to make the towel animals. I am neutral on them - they are cute, but I would not miss them. I'd rather have more attention paid to the cabin and verandah.

I agree they are cute but I would rather have more cleaning.

Personally, I never really paid a lot of attention to them one way or the other. I don't really care if they make them or not, sometimes when I see them, they strike me as cute for a few seconds...but they also never bother me at all. Most of the time I ignore them - it takes a few seconds to move or disassemble - sometimes it puts a towel usefully within my reach to wipe up a drink condensation ring or wipe my face after a sweaty island visit. I'm completely impartial about them - make them, don't make them - I wouldn't miss them but I don't mind them either.

They were very novel when I first started cruising.

However, I don't think the stewards would mind if HAL told them not to bother any longer. The stewards have a big enough workload and they could move onto their next cabin sooner.

Our steward left three towel animals sitting on the bed one morning after the stateroom had been cleaned.

The most we ever had were 2 swans made to sit so that their necks and bodies formed a heart. I took a picture of it -- back in 2005 -- way before I had a digital camera and knew how to post pictures.

The first time we ever had the towel animals was in 2005 -- and we enjoyed them and didn't mind them.

And then the cabin stewards did not have all the cabins to take care of then like they do now.

So now I feel that with the increase of cabins that the stewards have to take care of, they should no longer have to make towel animals every night.

The first time we ever had the towel animals was in 2005 -- and we enjoyed them and didn't mind them.

And then the cabin stewards did not have all the cabins to take care of then like they do now.

So now I feel that with the increase of cabins that the stewards have to take care of, they should no longer have to make towel animals every night.

When we started cruising, the cabin stewards told us they did 15 cabins each. Now they tell us the 2 of them have 30 cabins.

I am not sure how this translates into more work.

Anyone hear differently?

I love the towel animals. I wish they would have a "pool party" on the Noordam sailing a Dec 6th. We usually cruise yearly. It would be quite some time in the future to find them boring. For me, cruising is more than an extended hotel stay with dining included. The personal services are meaningful and totally appreciated.

It seems most passengers find ways to avoid undue pressure on the crew. Ice is nice, but for me the pets are better. Besides, I miss my cat. : )

Blessings,

Gail

The towel animals are pretty cool and once in a great while we get one we haven't had before.

Our problem was getting the room stewards to stop leaving the pillow chocolates ( sorry Ruth) :o. Since we both despise milk chocolate we just put them in a drawer and left them when we disembarked.

It was finding out they have to throw them away once they leave the stewards hands that we asked to not get them at all. Most times they have a real problem remembering to not leave them.

I have experienced this too (I don't eat sugar)! I finally gave up and take them home to the niece and nephews.

I love the towel animals and would be very disappointed to come back to my cabin in the evening and not find one. I always take a photo, then move it to the desk. The next day it's gone and I get to look forward to that evening's surprise.

The best animals we ever had - and I can't remember which ship - were made with the chocolates as the eyes, instead of the googly eyes. I loved it, and it was much less wasteful. One of our stewards on that trip loved it when we were in the cabin when he came in and made the animal, so he could make us guess what he was making as he created it.

The towel animals are pretty cool and once in a great while we get one we haven't had before.

Our problem was getting the room stewards to stop leaving the pillow chocolates ( sorry Ruth) :o. Since we both despise milk chocolate we just put them in a drawer and left them when we disembarked.

It was finding out they have to throw them away once they leave the stewards hands that we asked to not get them at all. Most times they have a real problem remembering to not leave them.

And is this such a problem that you just can't throw them in a waste basket?

Hi

I look forward to going back to my room and see what is waiting for me. I would be very disappointed if they stop this.

Also I did not know there was a spelling police on this board.

Mary

Yes' date=' it's a second degree misdemeanor.[img']http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif[/img]

I'd love to see a pool party like that in person ... so fun!

We've gotten TAs most nights (uh-oh, another "TA" acronym :p) ... Sometimes the eyes are made with the candies. I always take a picture, then I move the TA into a corner somewhere, or up on shelf. Sometimes they stay put for a day or two, other times they're gone in the morning.

I do enjoy them, but don't miss them when we don't have them, wouldn't be a big deal if they disappear entirely. They do come in handy, though, when there is an occasional spill to wipe up, and during one of Mr Chew's noro experiences, well, we don't need details about that ...

This topic comes up every so often, and there are always some who think the towel animals are labor intensive. As Peaches pointed out, the stewards assemble them in less than a minute.

What would be more labor intensive would be for the stewards to check a list to see which passengers did not want the towel animals. :)

Towel animals are cute and bring a smile to some of us. I am glad to find one on my bed every night.

The chocolate, not so much.