The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

OK - we are at 22 / 660. I was hoping to reach E+ with 2 cruises:

7 day century inside/outside April 12th - 1 credit

12 day Silhouette aqua class - 3 credits

But it looks like we'll get 14 on cruise one and 60 on cruise two? so we'll be at 734?

Thank you Cruise Critic for providing such a wonderful tool on your website such as the Ignore List. I just bet a number of readers will select this option. Click.....end of discussion for me.

Why would you want to put that poster on the Ignore List? I find the post as interesting reading. :rolleyes:

I was going to offer to buy you a drink, CruisingChick, if we ever met, since you are a cheapo, but now that you salt of the earth, I'll buy you two! LOL!

Thanks for the offer. :p

Speaking of vouchers. Absolutely no mention of vouchers in the New Captain's Club Benefit, just says Evening Cocktail Hour. I suppose that could mean anything.

Edited by CruisingChick

We are Diamond + on Royal,and had previously received Elite status recognition on Celebrity.

We have cruised three times on Celebrity, 2-7 days and 1-14 day cruise, all in Sky Suites.

We received 510 points in the conversion, and remain at Elite with Celebrity.

Mark

We are Diamond + on Royal,and had previously received Elite status recognition on Celebrity.

We have cruised three times on Celebrity, 2-7 days and 1-14 day cruise, all in Sky Suites.

Mark

Unless I am missing something, your conversion was extremely generous. 510 points divided by the 30:1 conversion would have required 17 points. By calculating your stated history, each of your 2 7-day cruises should have earned 2 points and the 14-day cruise earned 3. So your point total should have been 7 which would have converted to 210 points. You would still be Elite because of your D+ status on Royal.

You are quite a bit closer to elite+ than I would have suspected. Congratulations on your good luck.

Mark

Based on that sailing history you would have been given 210 points if they gave you 510 you lucked out. This puts you well on your way to Elite + which is not a crossover category. Crossover stops at elite/Diamond.

We had a Feb 2014 sailing booked with Celebrity and this would have made us Elite. Now we are being told that for only $250 more EACH we will be 'allowed' to upgrade as a favour from Celebrity in order to achieve the Elite status or we can book another cruise in addition to the Feb one.....needless to say, I am one of the very unhappy Celebrity customers.

One other note, I was told that one of the reasons the new Captain's club change was made was that Celebrity didn't deem it fair that those who book oceanview were receiving the same benefits as those who booked balcony and above....we have booked 2 balcony, 1 concierge and 2 Aqua. This was told to me over the phone by a Captain's Club Supervisor. Funny thing though, I thought that of the 3 tier points you could earn on the previous system, one of the 3 was for concierge or above.....so weren't those who were booking above oceanview already receiving recognition?!?!?!?!?

Edited by dobes3kh

It was only for Concierge Class cabins and above. So inside, oceanview and regular veranda cabins were all the same points.

Actually, I essentially wrote that in my post...... "Funny thing though, I thought that of the 3 tier points you could earn on the previous system, one of the 3 was for concierge or above"

OK, here is one to mull over.........:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Celebrity_Captains_Club_Conversion.PNG

Thanks for this info. We are 4 points away from Elite under the new system and have been told by the Captain's Club Supervisor that no exceptions are being made......I see that is not true. Interesting to see that you were awarded 30 bonus points and we cannot be provided 4.

Thanks for this info. We are 4 points away from Elite under the new system and have been told by the Captain's Club Supervisor that no exceptions are being made......I see that is not true. Interesting to see that you were awarded 30 bonus points and we cannot be provided 4.

It might say at the bottom I have been moved up but everything else is still saying I am Select. :confused:

Coincidentally, using the new system on my previous cruises works out at only 115 points. :rolleyes:

No matter how fair/unfair the new program is, people HATE change (even when they ask for it). You know the usual suspects with too much time on their hands will be emailing/calling his office complaining about every detail that they perceive will affect them.

Caller: I just found out I no longer get the fill in the blank perk

Celebrity: But Sir or Madam we've made some changes to the program and unfortunately some people will gain perks and some will lose them

Caller: I don't care, Although I never used it in the past, I want my fill in the blank perk back, or I'll never sail Celebrity again, BTW can you give me an upgrade on my next sailing?

It might say at the bottom I have been moved up but everything else is still saying I am Select. :confused:

Coincidentally, using the new system on my previous cruises works out at only 115 points. :rolleyes:

They moved you up in numbers so that you were still within striking distance of Elite with one cruise (but it can't be a short one in an inside cabin :rolleyes:).

The did not add points to change anybody's level to the next one.

I also applied the new system to our cruise history. We lost a little but nothing that excites me. It does add two cruises to what we would need to reach Zenith but that is never going to happen anyway.

I don't see anyone in the same situation as us.....under the old system, we WOULD BE ELITE for our Feb 2014 cruise (which was already paid in full) but under the new system, we will be required to either book an additional cruise or pay $250USD more EACH (and Celebrity is 'allowing us to do this as a favour') to achieve Elite......not quite the same as complaining about losing a perk we never used.......

Edited by dobes3kh

No one was given points to make them Elite just a bonus to put them in position to make Elite with one more cruise.

I am curious as to how you ended up with 296 points as the conversion was by multiples of ten?

I don't see anyone in the same situation as us.....under the old system, we WOULD BE ELITE for our Feb 2014 cruise (which was already paid in full) but under the new system, we will be required to either book an additional cruise or pay $250USD more EACH (and Celebrity is 'allowing us to do this as a favour') to achieve Elite......not quite the same as complaining about losing a perk we never used.......

I have the same situation, except with Elite +; but our cruise leaves in 2 weeks. I upgraded to CC for only $50 pp, so it was a no brainer for us.