The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I just got off the phone with Captain's Club. Some have said they weren't able to get any information from the person they spoke with. I was lucky as she went through the entire list of benefits. From what I gather, (didn't write them down--recalling from memory) the Elite+ differences are:

2 bags of laundry per cruise, per person not stateroom

Free cappuccino and latte (not in DR or Oceanview Cafe)

Free Gelato coupon

200 minutes of internet

15% off Specialty restaurants (for all, not just one)

10% off beverage packages

Note that the beverage packages and speciality restaurants are booked at full price and the discount is applied during the cruise. They are working to be able to offer the discount at booking but at this time, it is not complete.

Thanks so much for posting. As someone who is now Elite + I don't see these new perks as much ado about nothing. The hubby and I tend to do longer cruises and so two bags of laundry per person is a considerate perk. Complimentary cappuccinos and lattes are nice at other times of the day -- not just at the Elite coffeehouse breakfast. And of course, the additional internet will be well used.

YES, there are bonus points. Look at the other tread, someone posted their screen showing 16 bonus credits. I got 25 bonus credits.

I am happy to hear you got 25. I got the 16 point bump from nine points. Is it clear what makes the difference?

We will be vanilla elite with a December cruise this year and I think we would have made it with or without the bonus. Curious minds and all that. And yes I will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

That is interesting since they will have to give you points for the cruise under the new system (you will be shortchanged compared to the old system) because they have already done the credits to points conversion.

Shortchanged by the new points system and not getting the new benefits :(

There are many in that situation though. Anyone currently on a cruise is not getting the new benefits. But as the conversion has already occurred, it suggests that they will get credited the new level of points under the new program. Although it would be technically possible for both them and the poster you replied to have points credited under the old structure.

There are many in that situation though. Anyone currently on a cruise is not getting the new benefits. But as the conversion has already occurred, it suggests that they will get credited the new level of points under the new program. Although it would be technically possible for both them and the poster you replied to have points credited under the old structure.

I think I will try for some bonus points, in a few more days it may be time to become a squeaky wheel.:p

At the elite coffee break this morning, we received a letter from Michael Bayley that outlined the new Zenith benefits. Even though we are now at that level, we do not receive the benefits and our Key Card still identifies us as Elite. The strange situation is that Elite Plus is now the label for the next level on board (also w/o benefits), but we’re still identified as elite. Benefits will start at the conclusion of this cruise.

My guess is still that the Elite lounge will disappear and vouchers will be the norm. Celebrity will announce the contents of the letter soon enough.

I had 25 old points, now 750 making elite plus (just)!

I have worked out that at the rate I cruise it will take another 25 years to become Zenith. Whilst doable (I'm 48 now) it will not be something I strive to do.

I would like to thank Celebrity for the new system and for putting up with all the complaining.

Just need to figure out if elite plus get a lounge. But I still won't complain if we don't get one.

Some people lose their homes in natural disasters, kinds puts the whining into context!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At the elite coffee break this morning, we received a letter from Michael Bayley that outlined the new Zenith benefits. Even though we are now at that level, we do not receive the benefits and our Key Card still identifies us as Elite. The strange situation is that Elite Plus is now the label for the next level on board (also w/o benefits), but we’re still identified as elite. Benefits will start at the conclusion of this cruise.

My guess is still that the Elite lounge will disappear and vouchers will be the norm. Celebrity will announce the contents of the letter soon enough.

Arno,

Can you post the Zenith benefits here?

Celebrity still has not updated their web site or sent out an email with the details:mad:

We cruised on Celebrity 30-60 nights per year and always in a Sky suite or higher. We have for years and with this new accounting will have 1500 points I think? We always bought our alcohol....NEVER went to Elite happy hours and when the drink packages came we always signed up premium. The Small Ship in a big ship program....was AMAZING for us. We have over 300 nights aboard Silversea over 100 on Seabourn....but we get bored.....lots of VERY OLD people. Some great! Some really hateful and angry. Some great itinerary's though.

I LOATHE the destruction of the Celebrity Elite happy hour.....keeping all the cheapos in the Sky lounge is great for us. We can enjoy the bars at our leisure and not have to deal with crowds.....Which is what we pay for with the premium alcohol package. This has changed.....Smaller glasses are introduced for the happy hour folk.....Bartenders take forever to take a drink orders, pouring crap house vodka when Russian Standard has been ordered, people are using other peoples tickets.....a guy using "barbaras ticket.....shes not here right now....busted" WE HAVE PAID extra to get? Drunk people who try to shove in as much alcohol as possible in a two hour window puking in various bars..... It is starting to make us re think our Celebrity cruises at $800+ per day per couple with packages on Celebrity? It is becoming a bit of a free for all. Nice people are all good, but this "free" mentality is creating monsters.

IF Celebrity cruises is looking to attract a younger affluent crowd, they cannot sacrifice the exclusivity that being in a suite and purchasing a higher end drink package bring. Or they can and their suites will ride empty. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

I had 25 old points, now 750 making elite plus (just)!

I have worked out that at the rate I cruise it will take another 25 years to become Zenith. Whilst doable (I'm 48 now) it will not be something I strive to do.

I would like to thank Celebrity for the new system and for putting up with all the complaining.

Just need to figure out if elite plus get a lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are also Elite + with 870 points, but you are luckier than us, at the rate my DH and I cruise currently it would take us 40 years to become Zenith, since we basically can only afford to book inside cabins He's 60 and I'm 55. Unless we hit the lottery we will never achieve Zenith.

Edited by CruisingChick

I am happy to hear you got 25. I got the 16 point bump from nine points. Is it clear what makes the difference?

We will be vanilla elite with a December cruise this year and I think we would have made it with or without the bonus. Curious minds and all that. And yes I will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

From what I can tell, I think those that had 9 points got 16 and those of us with 8 got 25 points.

Edited by NLH Arizona

ters.

. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

As long as there's hope in site, I'm happy.:rolleyes:

Edited by BosoxI

From what I can tell, I think those that had 9 points got 16 and those of us with 8 got 25 points.

Exactly right....and consistently applied. No one was given points to get them into the next level without taking at least one more cruise, no one was given points because they were close to one of the new levels....it is/was just 16 and 25 bonus points for those with 9 and 8 old points. (I don't know if there was an adjustment for those near select)

It's a very simple formula....which has led to lots of confusion and erroneous speculation because Celebrity is rolling out the program piecemeal, helped by a technology challenged IT department that couldn't figure out how to show the formula unless someone was using Internet Explorer 11....one can only surmise that they didn't bother to test any of the other browsers.

Let's hope that they complete the announcement today and do it in a way that everyone can actually see what they will be getting or not getting on Celebrity's web pages

Edited by ghstudio

OK folks - it's Monday.

Can anyone access their "My Celebrity" sailing history ?

(I still can't. :( )

Nope, still can't access the site. It's still flashing.

At work we have IE 9 not 11. At home we use Chrome and Firefox. Not sure why their IT Department would create something that doesn't work for most people.

Exactly right....and consistently applied. No one was given points to get them into the next level without taking at least one more cruise, no one was given points because they were close to one of the new levels....it is/was just 16 and 25 bonus points for those with 9 and 8 old points.

It's a very simple formula....which has led to lots of confusion and erroneous speculation because Celebrity is rolling out the program piecemeal, helped by a technology challenged IT department that would show the formula if the pages worked in the browsers people use instead of only showing on Internet Explorer 11.

Let's hope that they complete the announcement today and do it in a way that everyone can actually see what they will be getting or not getting on Celebrity's web pages

I can't wait to see if there are other ways to earn points.

I think they did a great job with the bonus points for those of us so very, very close to Elite.

OK folks - it's Monday.

Can anyone access their "My Celebrity" sailing history ?

(I still can't. :( )

My new Captain's Club status information (status and sailing history) flashes on my Chrome browser (on my laptop). On my Internet Explorer 11 browser, it stays on. However I do not see the new program information (new tiers, points, etc). Yesterday, it flashed on IE although I was using IE 10 if that made any difference (I doubt it).

At least I can now see the bottom half of my sailing history webpage.

Edited by mahdnc

We cruised on Celebrity 30-60 nights per year and always in a Sky suite or higher. We have for years and with this new accounting will have 1500 points I think? We always bought our alcohol....NEVER went to Elite happy hours and when the drink packages came we always signed up premium. The Small Ship in a big ship program....was AMAZING for us. We have over 300 nights aboard Silversea over 100 on Seabourn....but we get bored.....lots of VERY OLD people. Some great! Some really hateful and angry. Some great itinerary's though.

I LOATHE the destruction of the Celebrity Elite happy hour.....keeping all the cheapos in the Sky lounge is great for us. We can enjoy the bars at our leisure and not have to deal with crowds.....Which is what we pay for with the premium alcohol package. This has changed.....Smaller glasses are introduced for the happy hour folk.....Bartenders take forever to take a drink orders, pouring crap house vodka when Russian Standard has been ordered, people are using other peoples tickets.....a guy using "barbaras ticket.....shes not here right now....busted" WE HAVE PAID extra to get? Drunk people who try to shove in as much alcohol as possible in a two hour window puking in various bars..... It is starting to make us re think our Celebrity cruises at $800+ per day per couple with packages on Celebrity? It is becoming a bit of a free for all. Nice people are all good, but this "free" mentality is creating monsters.

IF Celebrity cruises is looking to attract a younger affluent crowd, they cannot sacrifice the exclusivity that being in a suite and purchasing a higher end drink package bring. Or they can and their suites will ride empty. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

Wow... that was really some rant.... :eek: You must be sailing a different Celebrity Cruise Line than I am. :cool:

I have enjoyed every "X" cruise I've ever done.