The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I hate to bring up the obvious but they are supposed to de-bug and test BEFORE deploying....and they should test on all major browsers BEFORE deploying.

There is no excuse for this kind of deployment and heads should roll....

I strongly agree!!! It makes people speculate and that should not happen, no matter what OS or browser you are using!!!

Still have the flashing no matter what I try. But have been able to see it long enough to screen shot our points and level.

Also checked my son's account. He had 8 credits for 240 conversion and was given 25 bonus points to make his total 265.

We have tried to get him on a cruise with us for the past 2 years so he could attain Elite Status but he wasn't interested.

What bonus? Checked my account. Shows 13 credits for 390 points. What Does a standard 7 day cruise result in as far as points? Do you get extra for a 12 nighter?

What bonus? Checked my account. Shows 13 credits for 390 points. What Does a standard 7 day cruise result in as far as points? Do you get extra for a 12 nighter?

Some people who were quite close to reaching the next tier (such as someone who had 9 old-style points) were given a few points so that one cruise would still get them to the next tier. Several examples were given for people who had 8 points and could get to Elite with a 7-night cruise in Concierge or a 14-night cruise in a balcony. Their converted points were 240 so they were given 25 extra points so that they only needed 35 more "new" points.

See post # 497 for how points will be earned. You get points per day multiplied by a factor, depending on the category booked. Real short cruises will no longer be nearly equal to longer ones.

Edited by bob278

Bonuses were only given to people who were one or two cruises away from reaching select or elite levels so that they could still reach that level with one or two more cruises. If you are already elite or above, you were not eligible for any bonus.

I will chime in as one of the "screwed' folks. We were about to earn 3 credits for out cruise to make us select, but will be 15 points short if this deployment is now and not Jan 2014.:(:(

I think I am screwed as well, booked cruises that would have made us Elite, now leave us 43 points short (using the assumptions of points per day).:(

We received our new key cards today for the Connie cruise TA. Even tho website states that we are Zenith, our cards still have Elite. I believe that the perks will not kick in until AFTER we leave... :(

Oh well all that speculation.

I have heard there will not be reciprocity at higher levels...

500+ elites on board... vouchers and no designated main lounge.

We received our new key cards today for the Connie cruise TA. Even tho website states that we are Zenith, our cards still have Elite. I believe that the perks will not kick in until AFTER we leave... :(

I believe it was posted somewhere that the new program would roll out starting on Monday. Every departing cruise would institute the new CC program, no changes would occur mid cruise. If that is the case then the next Connie sailing will see the new program instituted.

Enjoy you TA!

I think I am screwed as well, booked cruises that would have made us Elite, now leave us 43 points short (using the assumptions of points per day).:(

I'm one of the lucky ones - we are Classic and will move to Elite after our next 2 cruises - just as we would have if we were under the old system. I once asked the Captain's Club if they would "honor" those bookings if the rules changed mid game and we didn't stay on schedule, they assured me that they can/would make adjustments. :cool: Wasn't sure I believe them then or now.

My question is have you talked to the Captain's Club and pleaded your case. I feel that it is only fair that if your cruise to move you to another tier WAS already BOOKED as of Nov. 23 - that they should grandfathers those in. X may find that under the new system that they'll have some serious cancellations on those 2,3,4 night short cruises this January if they don't honor the system as many people use those to get to the next level. Hardly worth packing for if there is not a benefit.

That is interesting since they will have to give you points for the cruise under the new system (you will be shortchanged compared to the old system) because they have already done the credits to points conversion.

Shortchanged by the new points system and not getting the new benefits :(

There's been a lot of discussion about what would happen to the afternoon cocktail party for Elites vs. Elite+ and Zenith but no one has mentioned the Elite breakfast.

I like a cappuccino to start off my day.

So what do all of the great minds on here think will happen to the Elite breakfast when the new program rolls out?

The web site works with ie 11 and it flashes if you are still on ie 10 or lower.

It also flashes using safari on an ipad.

Thanks for this info. I know now why it is flashing in my case. I hope they will fix it for safari users:rolleyes:

Edited by travelberlin

When I log in, it shows like a flash the conversion of credits to points and then it dissappears. I am also unable to see my cruising history. Does anybody has similar problems?

I think you need to use IE 11.

I see my new points and my full cruising history using IE 11.