The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Wow... that was really some rant.... :eek: You must be sailing a different Celebrity Cruise Line than I am. :cool:

I have enjoyed every "X" cruise I've ever done.

I agree with you A Sixth. I have never seen people act like this.

I am also HIGHLY insulted at being called a "cheapo".

Not everyone has the luxury to be able to afford to cruise 30-60 nights a year in Sky Suites or higher and also purchase the premium alcohol package. You should be thanking God that you are so fortunate and instead of insulting and belittling people.

Edited by CruisingChick

I agree with you A Sixth. I have never seen people act like this.

I am also HIGHLY insulted at being called a "cheapo".

Not everyone has the luxury to be able to afford to cruise 30-60 nights a year in Sky Suites or higher and also purchase the premium alcohol package. You should be thanking God that you are so fortunate and instead of insulting and belittling people.

Hey, you were only called cheapos, those of us non-Elites have been called loud, boring riff raff!!!

OK folks - it's Monday.

Can anyone access their "My Celebrity" sailing history ?

(I still can't. :( )

If you watch very closely, as soon as your account comes up , it will show your converted points for a second or two.

I saw my account Sunday evening and it converted at 30x multiple which is what I expected. We are Elite earned on Celebrity, not reciprocal.

Hope this helps

Personally never noticed anyone being loud on any of my Celebrity cruises other than me.

I have also never encountered any riff raff on any of my cruises.

Well since we've been called riff raff by some on here, I'll keep that name with a badge of honor. When you meet me, you can then say you have encountered riff raff LOL!

Guest debbiejohncruise
We cruised on Celebrity 30-60 nights per year and always in a Sky suite or higher. We have for years and with this new accounting will have 1500 points I think? We always bought our alcohol....NEVER went to Elite happy hours and when the drink packages came we always signed up premium. The Small Ship in a big ship program....was AMAZING for us. We have over 300 nights aboard Silversea over 100 on Seabourn....but we get bored.....lots of VERY OLD people. Some great! Some really hateful and angry. Some great itinerary's though.

I LOATHE the destruction of the Celebrity Elite happy hour.....keeping all the cheapos in the Sky lounge is great for us. We can enjoy the bars at our leisure and not have to deal with crowds.....Which is what we pay for with the premium alcohol package. This has changed.....Smaller glasses are introduced for the happy hour folk.....Bartenders take forever to take a drink orders, pouring crap house vodka when Russian Standard has been ordered, people are using other peoples tickets.....a guy using "barbaras ticket.....shes not here right now....busted" WE HAVE PAID extra to get? Drunk people who try to shove in as much alcohol as possible in a two hour window puking in various bars..... It is starting to make us re think our Celebrity cruises at $800+ per day per couple with packages on Celebrity? It is becoming a bit of a free for all. Nice people are all good, but this "free" mentality is creating monsters.

IF Celebrity cruises is looking to attract a younger affluent crowd, they cannot sacrifice the exclusivity that being in a suite and purchasing a higher end drink package bring. Or they can and their suites will ride empty. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

Someone needs to get off their high horse!!!! lol

I like your view on this and am going to adopt it. Thx for sharing.:)

And I agree with yur atttitude as well. Cruise on Celebrity first and foremost for the experience and the itinerary.The rewards are a "bonus".

And we were "victims" when RCCL changed its rewards program....adjust and move forward. We are all very fortunate to be able to cruise, financially and physically.

OK folks - it's Monday.

Can anyone access their "My Celebrity" sailing history ?

(I still can't. :( )

It works with IE 11.

Well those onboard ships have received the details about the levels.

Celebrity still has not updated the web site or sent out an email:(

They had promised they would make the announcement today.

Anyone in the UK hear anything yet?

I believe it is mid afternoon there.

Anyone onboard please post the details for us here on CC.

It works with IE 11.

Well those onboard ships have received the details about the levels.

Celebrity still has not updated the web site or sent out an email:(

They had promised they would make the announcement today.

Anyone in the UK hear anything yet?

I believe it is mid afternoon there.

Anyone onboard please post the details for us here on CC.

Obviously, the announcement plan is to hand you a letter with the details the next time you are on a cruise :)

We cruised on Celebrity 30-60 nights per year and always in a Sky suite or higher. We have for years and with this new accounting will have 1500 points I think? We always bought our alcohol....NEVER went to Elite happy hours and when the drink packages came we always signed up premium. The Small Ship in a big ship program....was AMAZING for us. We have over 300 nights aboard Silversea over 100 on Seabourn....but we get bored.....lots of VERY OLD people. Some great! Some really hateful and angry. Some great itinerary's though.

I LOATHE the destruction of the Celebrity Elite happy hour.....keeping all the cheapos in the Sky lounge is great for us. We can enjoy the bars at our leisure and not have to deal with crowds.....Which is what we pay for with the premium alcohol package. This has changed.....Smaller glasses are introduced for the happy hour folk.....Bartenders take forever to take a drink orders, pouring crap house vodka when Russian Standard has been ordered, people are using other peoples tickets.....a guy using "barbaras ticket.....shes not here right now....busted" WE HAVE PAID extra to get? Drunk people who try to shove in as much alcohol as possible in a two hour window puking in various bars..... It is starting to make us re think our Celebrity cruises at $800+ per day per couple with packages on Celebrity? It is becoming a bit of a free for all. Nice people are all good, but this "free" mentality is creating monsters.

IF Celebrity cruises is looking to attract a younger affluent crowd, they cannot sacrifice the exclusivity that being in a suite and purchasing a higher end drink package bring. Or they can and their suites will ride empty. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

Likewise - I hope we never sit side by side at any bar.

Why is someone a cheapo if they decide to accept a ship offered benefit? I've never experienced drunk people trying to shove alcohol in and getting sick. If we go to the lounge/bar it is generally for no more than one drink - about 30 minutes so I can't tell you want happens during the entire 2 hours . The only way to know if folks stay two hours and shove alcohol in is to be there an see it for yourself - which I guess you are - to make the comment . Actually I often hear that folks with the drink package drink much more than the average to get the highest benefit. Is that the case?

If one booked a guarantee (which you say you do in other posts) and was given a high level suite (which you say you were in another post) does that makes them (you) the cheapo for accepting the benefit?

Yikes,

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Likewise - I hope we never sit side by side at any bar.

Why is someone a cheapo if they decide to accept a ship offered benefit? I've never experienced drunk people trying to shove alcohol in and getting sick. If we go to the lounge/bar it is generally for no more than one drink - about 30 minutes so I can't tell you want happens during the entire 2 hours . The only way to know if folks stay two hours and shove alcohol in is to be there an see it for yourself - which I guess you are - to make the comment . Actually I often hear that folks with the drink package drink much more than the average to get the highest benefit. Is that the case?

If one booked a guarantee (which you say you do in other posts) and was given a high level suite (which you say you were in another post) does that makes them (you) the cheapo for accepting the benefit?

Yikes,

M

I like your perspective.

Hey, I know Cruising Chick and she is not a cheapo or low class! We have sailed with her on many cruises and she and her DH are salt of the earth, just like us! Sorry, I mean "middle class". We might have been Elite for a long time but who would know? We don't wear badges. Now we are Elite+ (as of today) but who knows what might happen down the road if Celebrity ever gets their act together :rolleyes:

We just like the cruising experience - and will stick with Celebrity. We are also not "crossovers" from RCI and have "earned" all our points strictly with Celebrity since 1992. Imagine how we feel because we can't sail more than, possibly, once a year????? Are we low class because of that??????

Arguing gets us nowhere. Time to get back to the subject of how horrible Celebrity is handling this new roll out!

Have a great week all

Pat

Hey, I know Cruising Chick and she is not a cheapo or low class! We have sailed with her on many cruises and she and her DH are salt of the earth, just like us! Sorry, I mean "middle class". We might have been Elite for a long time but who would know? We don't wear badges. Now we are Elite+ (as of today) but who knows what might happen down the road if Celebrity ever gets their act together :rolleyes:

We just like the cruising experience - and will stick with Celebrity. We are also not "crossovers" from RCI and have "earned" all our points strictly with Celebrity since 1992. Imagine how we feel because we can't sail more than, possibly, once a year????? Are we low class because of that??????

Arguing gets us nowhere. Time to get back to the subject of how horrible Celebrity is handling this new roll out!

Have a great week all

Pat

Hi Pat, thanks for the kind words. You, John and your entire family are definitely high class our book.

Hopefully Celebrity is handling the roll out of the new program better on their ships than that have on their web-site.

Hope to sail with you guys again soon.

Anne Maria

Have a great week all

Pat

I totally agree. We earned ours the old fashioned way. Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Zenith in 1992. Before that we cruised on Carnival, man what a difference. It has changed over the years but still our favorite line.:D

Edited by lightning bolt

You know, all this talk about a yet to announced (offically) change to an awards program certainly proves one thing that 95%+ of us can agree on:

Cruiser awards programs are important to most repeat customers.

I compare my status and benefits on the lines I have some sort of 'Membership" with, it becomes part of the process in deciding who to book with. :cool:

This is my conversion statement!

Tier Credits to Points Conversion Details

Dear Richard xxxxxx , we have converted from using a Tier Credit reward system to a Point reward system on 23 NOV 2013

Here is how it works:

CREDIT

CREDITS

Your Credits earned by conversion date

Sailings: 7 Club Points from credits: 630 627 Total Club Points:

23 Nov 2013 Change from use of Credits to Club Points 1 Credit = 30 Club Points 630 Club Points (21 Credits)

19 Sep 2012 Celebrity Constellation® Club Veranda Staterooms 12 Night Immersive Wine Cruise 3

04 May 2012 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2

14 Oct 2011 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 16 Night W. Med & Adriatic Coast Cruise 3

07 May 2011 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 14 Night Italian Mediterranean Cruise 3

03 May 2011 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 4 Night Cork Cruise 2

04 Oct 2010 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 16 Night W. Med & Adriatic Coast Cruise 3

21 May 2010 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 11 Night Canary Islands Cruise 2

Some information has been deleted, but I'm happy!

Richard