The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Hi

Can anyone give me Michael Bayley's email? I want to write him concerning my loss of $500pp discount for Galapagos cruise under new rules. I am now select and would achieved elite w. 2 2014 cruises under old rules

Thanks

Tom:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Tom47

From what I can see, read and interpret, I am elite with my next booked cruise. However, I do understand that this could change at any minute!:) Many thanks to all of you for sharing information!

Edited by Lastdance

Hi

Can anyone give me Michael Bayley's email? I want to write him concerning my loss of $500pp discount for Galapagos cruise under new rules. I am now select and would achieved elite w. 2 2014 cruises under old rules

Thanks

Tom:mad::mad::mad:

Why are you posting here your question here on unrelated topic? Please post a new one please on celebrity board, you will get better and quicker response, thx.

Ways to Earn Club Points

Club Points

Sailing in Inside / Ocean View - 2

Sailing in Veranda - 3

Sailing in a Concierge Class / AquaClass® - 5

Sailing in Sky, AquaClass, or Century Suite - 8

Sailing in Celebrity, Signature, or Royal Suite - 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite - 18

This may be the new points system, it is found under the ?, if you go into your status. Now it looks like instead of being one cruise away from elite after our March cruise, we may very well be 11 away. Guess I may have to find a different way to spend my vacation dollars. Was not worried about getting elite for the drinks but more so for the other benefits.

Ways to Earn Club Points

Club Points

Sailing in Inside / Ocean View - 2

Sailing in Veranda - 3

Sailing in a Concierge Class / AquaClass® - 5

Sailing in Sky, AquaClass, or Century Suite - 8

Sailing in Celebrity, Signature, or Royal Suite - 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite - 18

This may be the new points system, it is found under the ?, if you go into your status. Now it looks like instead of being one cruise away from elite after our March cruise, we may very well be 11 away. Guess I may have to find a different way to spend my vacation dollars. Was not worried about getting elite for the drinks but more so for the other benefits.

Did you check your point conversion to new system? They gave me 30 bonus points which I appreciate but I don't understand why since after my 2 Feb 2014 cruises, I will still be 5 points away from elite, yet the award of the bonus points says because I was so close to elite, well I still will be after 2 more cruises.:confused::confused:

I guess I am going to wait until all of the information is out before I make any more comments. It appears that the points will be awarded per day from here on out which I applaud. Just need to see where the cutoffs are for each level.

snow bunny

PS I am showing 240 points based on 7 points @ 30 plus a bonus of 30 points for being "close" to the elite level. So it may be that we only have one more cruise after the March one to attain the elite status whatever that may mean in the future!

It appears they are trying to be fair. Although I can't read it all, because it only flashes on the screen for a sec, and I had to read it sec by sec, they are awarding me 30 bonus points because I was so close to elite. Of course, since I don't know the new tier point system, I have no idea what that means to me, but everyone should remain calm and wait to see what happens to your CC membership.

There is NO 30 Point Bonus. Just a very simple 30 to 1 conversion from your points. :cool:

We're there... :D

Your status:

ZENITH

You are a ZENITH Captain's Club member with 3000+ club points

Club Points Earned: 7260
Congratulations!

But since you have so many extra points that you will never need, how about letting the rest of us borrow some of them. :D

I have 24 and it shows Elite with 720 points. I have a Reflection cruise coming up in 2 weeks, which will only give me 21 points, so I won't be Elite Plus even after that cruise which I booked to have 25 points before year end.

I don't understand why some people that are only one cruise away have been moved up and others not. I have 4 X cruises booked, so I will be calling the Captains Club next week after the official numbers come out.

Mike

In your case I think you have a legitimate request.

You booked and paid for that cruise under the old system. If it had been 2 weeks earlier you would have been at 25 points right now. 25 x 30 = 750, which would have put you at Elite+ for your next cruise.

Because the Reflection cruise is 2 weeks after the change , you will be at 741.

As a good will gesture it would seem they could "award" you those 9 points.

Good luck!

Mike

In your case I think you have a legitimate request.

You booked and paid for that cruise under the old system. If it had been 2 weeks earlier you would have been at 25 points right now. 25 x 30 = 750, which would have put you at Elite+ for your next cruise.

Because the Reflection cruise is 2 weeks after the change , you will be at 741.

As a good will gesture it would seem they could "award" you those 9 points.

Good luck!

This is a NEW program...you weren't working towards it, it didn't exist. Unfortunately, at this point you don't qualify for the new level....there are lots of folks who are close to elite plus and are now disappointed that they aren't included but it's NEW. Of course you have been loyal and faithful and all those other things and celebrity should award you sleeping in the captains quarters when he isn't there...but now you have a higher level to work towards...and if it takes two cruises, then that's what it takes. If you are angry enough with only getting what you've been getting as perks, then don't book celebrity....but that seems a bit foolish...you like the cruise line. Life is too short to worry about being left out...especially when you still can easily get there...it just takes a little longer.

This is a NEW program...you weren't working towards it, it didn't exist. Unfortunately, at this point you don't qualify for the new level....there are lots of folks who are close to elite plus and are now disappointed that they aren't included but it's NEW. Of course you have been loyal and faithful and all those other things and celebrity should award you sleeping in the captains quarters when he isn't there...but now you have a higher level to work towards...and if it takes two cruises, then that's what it takes. If you are angry enough with only getting what you've been getting as perks, then don't book celebrity....but that seems a bit foolish...you like the cruise line. Life is too short to worry about being left out...especially when you still can easily get there...it just takes a little longer.

Really, no need to be disparaging.

Besides, they're going to give the Captain's Quarters to Cruisenut!!

Really, no need to be disparaging.

Besides, they're going to give the Captain's Quarters to Cruisenut!!

I stretched the point to the absurd just to make the point that everyone, myself included, thinks they should get more perks and is disappointed when someone else does and they don't. It's human nature.... But I think celebrity got this one right....so I am in a sense...supporting their implementation. I can't comment on what's in elite+ Perks, but no one can at this point. I'm sure when they are announced, everyone, including me again, will say we should get more.

I am very excited to now be captains club elite plus.....but I don't know what I am excited about yet.

One thing I do know, I only have to cruise for 396 more days in aqua to become Captain's club Zenith. At an average cost of $200 per day (which is sort of a guess), that's only $79,200 worth of cruising, but my wife will want to go with me, so that's $158,400 worth of cruising.

We'll be zenith in no time....

It's great to have goals! LOL

150 points here. Previously had 5 tier credits, so maybe the 30 held true...now the question is, how do we earn and is there higher earning on CC and up?

There is some confusion, but the consensus is that the following chart values would be multiplied by number of days to get tier credits.

ccearnpoints-vi.jpg

For those that aren't seeing their captain's club sailing history...or it's flashing quickly.....the Celebrity IT department apparently didn't test with firefox or chrome browsers....(why isn't this a surprise?). If you look using internet explorer, you will be able to see the page.

I tried ff and IE and neither work. I was able to grab the flash by with a control/alt/print screen ;-)

I tried ff and IE and neither work. I was able to grab the flash by with a control/alt/print screen ;-)

The web site works with ie 11 and it flashes if you are still on ie 10 or lower.

It also flashes using safari on an ipad.

I was able to see the amount of points I have....it said 41 on the old

and 1230 on the new. I haven't read everything but not sure if 1230

gets me anything else or not.

Lois with 1230 you went to bed Elite and woke up Elite Plus. Enjoy! Rumor is 200 free internet minutes with elite plus ;-)

I I can't comment on what's in elite+ Perks, but no one can at this point. I'm sure when they are announced, everyone, including me again, will say we should get more.

I know it's not official yet but this is what I copied the other day:

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theate "

Typos X's not mine :)