The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Since you have been posting a lot on this thread, I would assume that you have seen that others that are one old point away have been getting the note about being so close X has added points. I don't want any more than anyone else is receiving; but if X is rounding up when one point away, I would expect the same treatment.

The difference, to me at least, is that in the cases that Celebrity has adjusted, the folks were close to getting additional benefits by joining the next level in effect at the time they booked. In your case, you didn't expect to reach any new level, other than a personal goal...not a real goal in terms of benefits.

It's just my opinion...perhaps Celebrity will help you.

Hi Tommy, now that I see you have over 5,000 points? I know my 1230

will never get to that level:eek:

Lois, I don't have near the points you do, so I'll never reach 5,000 unless they bury me on one of the ships and count points for each cruise. But then again, I guess if that were the case, I wouldn't know or care!

I am using Internet Explorer 11 and it consistently shows the history page correctly. I've tried multiple times over the past 15 minutes or so...

You may be on an older version of internet explorer or have some add on that I don't have.....or, of course, you could be right and there is an intermittent problem that I just haven't experienced.

iE 11 works for me, too.

I'm sure there will be many more "glitches" before they formally announce the new program. Good old Celebrity! :D

Not sure if this classes as a formal announcement but this appears on my CC page:

"we have converted from using a Tier Credit reward system to a Point reward system on 23 NOV 2013".

Why can the people in charge not do something simple like:

An email "to (insert name) valued CC member", explaining that CC is being revamped with a new tier system and other modifications, and in connection with this the CC website will undergo alteration in the period (insert dates) and will not be able to display your full details. This exciting new programme will be formally announced with full details on (date)."

Send out a week before the changes start to be made, simple.

Hi Tommy, now that I see you have over 5,000 points? I know my 1230

will never get to that level:eek:

Hi Lois,

Everyone knows you are a solid "Elite Plus" -- almost half way to Zenith!:)

Lauren and I are at 870 and thrilled to also be Elite + -- we will be on the Century for December Panama Canal cruise (15 nights) and our little inside cabin will add 30 more points.

Zenith thing is not important to us!

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Edited by kelmac

Hi Lois,

Lauren and I are at 870 and thrilled to also be Elite + -- we will be on the Century for December Panama Canal cruise (15 nights) and our little inside cabin will add 30 more points.

Enjoy!

We are on Century in January. Under the old system we would have earned 2 credits, which would have translated into 60 points during conversion, not 30. So they are making it harder to advance.

Hi Lois,

Enjoy!

Hi Kelly,:) thanks and that post didn't come out as I intended.

I didn't mean to sound like I was whining.....just an observation of

the highest points and where I am now.

What page or post shows where the points to change from level

to level?

Not sure if this classes as a formal announcement but this appears on my CC page:

"we have converted from using a Tier Credit reward system to a Point reward system on 23 NOV 2013".

Why can the people in charge not do something simple like:

An email "to (insert name) valued CC member", explaining that CC is being revamped with a new tier system and other modifications, and in connection with this the CC website will undergo alteration in the period (insert dates) and will not be able to display your full details. This exciting new programme will be formally announced with full details on (date)."

Send out a week before the changes start to be made, simple.

Alternatively, implement the new system with a completed web site with a news/press release statement...or a note to someone who signs on.

The way it's being rolled out by the celebrity IT/web group is really hard to fathom....piecemeal, apparently untested with different browsers, no apparent regression testing of browsers.

Michael Bayley really needs to bring in someone who understands how to develop and run a web site at a high enough level to implement internal change...and/or hold someone accountable for this type of, what should be embarrassing, deployment.

I saw the updated info this morning. Now I just get the flash. I doubt it has to do anything with the browser since I was using Chrome and Firefox. I did notice that I was 1 point away from being upgraded to the next level but I didnt get any notice of being bumped up

Should be a Zenith Plus:D.

Yes it would have been nice if Celebrity had also created a Zenith+ level (6000 points) for those of us getting close and the one and only (Arno) who is already WELL past !!!

How about free unlimited internet and specialty dining :)

The difference, to me at least, is that in the cases that Celebrity has adjusted, the folks were close to getting additional benefits by joining the next level in effect at the time they booked. In your case, you didn't expect to reach any new level, other than a personal goal...not a real goal in terms of benefits.

It's just my opinion...perhaps Celebrity will help you.

Fortunately it isn't a life threatening situation. :D I have a feeling I will still have a wonderful time on the Reflection in 2 weeks.

I am now Zenith :) with over 5000 points and 86 Celebrity cruises:)

The interesting thing is my cruise history still shows credits (like 1,2,3) even though the title of the column is "Points".

Has anyone found a hyperlink to the full benefits or how many new points we get for each cruise?

I upgraded my IE to 11 and it now works for me but I can't find a page that shows the benefits.

Tommy, this is just my guess, but the top line in my history shows the "conversion event" with today's date, description, conversion statement ("1 credit = 30 club points" and result ("1320 Club points (44 credits)") and all the old sailings show what was earned under the old program. I "think" sailings after today will show the new Club Points.

They do need to update the help that comes up when you hover over how to earn points. It needs to clearly indicate that the points shown are per day.

Edited by bob278

Can anybody see what the new tier system will be? I am curious if I would have jumped tiers if they had waited until I completed my 2 Feb 2014 cruises.....just curious.:rolleyes:

Oh and although I have a Mac so I don't use IE, I can catch a glimpse of what will be posted soon for my cruise history points and it does convernt 1:30 = 210 points for me but also says something about 30 bonus points. The wording on the side is long and small so when it flashes for a sec I can't read it, so I assume I will be at 240 points when converted over and so that also makes me wonder where I will be in the new tier system.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I had really hoped that they would go to a per day points conversion. We have only sailed four times to date with Celebrity but have 43 days with two cruises in AQ. I am at the select level but someone who can hop on for the short three night cruises could be elite after 15 days if they booked CC or higher! We have a seven day cruise in March in AQ and would have only needed one more cruise to reach elite status but now it may take many more depending on how they go forward with awarding of points. Not too happy about this turn of events.:(

snow bunny

It appears they are trying to be fair. Although I can't read it all, because it only flashes on the screen for a sec, and I had to read it sec by sec, they are awarding me 30 bonus points because I was so close to elite. Of course, since I don't know the new tier point system, I have no idea what that means to me, but everyone should remain calm and wait to see what happens to your CC membership.

It appears they are trying to be fair. Although I can't read it all, because it only flashes on the screen for a sec, and I had to read it sec by sec, they are awarding me 30 bonus points because I was so close to elite. Of course, since I don't know the new tier point system, I have no idea what that means to me, but everyone should remain calm and wait to see what happens to your CC membership.

Then I should be offered 60 bonus points for elite plus

I had really hoped that they would go to a per day points conversion. We have only sailed four times to date with Celebrity but have 43 days with two cruises in AQ. I am at the select level but someone who can hop on for the short three night cruises could be elite after 15 days if they booked CC or higher! We have a seven day cruise in March in AQ and would have only needed one more cruise to reach elite status but now it may take many more depending on how they go forward with awarding of points. Not too happy about this turn of events.:(

snow bunny

This same situation happened to us when RCCL converted. People with many fewer cruise days ended up at higher levels than we did. I called C & A and asked if they could recalculate our points using the new system and they clearly said no. They redesigned the point system and if they make an exception for one then the flood gates would open for numerous exceptions requests. We found it very easy to reach Elite on Celebrity and have appreciated the benefits. I think everyone understands that the company needed to make adjustments.

Same goes for Safari on the iPad.

I got mine to freeze on my Mac using firefox by right clicking on the internet address once I clicked on sailing history. That will freeze the page. It will show your points conversation and also the new point system if you click on the small question mark sign next to your points to the upper right. I still can't find the new tier system although mine says select. Don't know the points needed to next level or what perks you get for each level. But the message says they converted from a tier credit credit reward system to a point reward system on 23 NOV 2013. So strange that they don't do a formal announcement first.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I got mine to freeze on my Mac using firefox by right clicking on the internet address once I clicked on sailing history. That will freeze the page. It will show your points conversation and also the new point system if you click on the small question mark sign next to your points to the upper right. I still can't find the new tier system although mine says select. Don't know the points needed to next level or what perks you get for each level. But the message says they converted from a tier credit credit reward system to a point reward system on 23 NOV 2013. So strange that they don't do a formal announcement first.

That works!!!! Ours was 930, but still no chart on what that means. Did you get a chart?