The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

When RCL made the change, even though there were a lot of complaints, my memory is that what it took for people who were close to the next level was almost always extremely close to the same. The only group that was really affected were those who expected to move up a level with 2 or 3 3-day cruises. They now needed to get closer to 12-14 days of cruising in. I probably simplified it a little, but that's close to how I remember it.

I cannot remember seeing any posts from anyone who actually lost a level. Well there was one, but when asked to provide details of before and after points and status, the poster remained quiet.

So if everyone who's one cruise away from a new level deserves to be grandfathered, why not the people two cruises away? Three? Four? Seven?

No one should have to go backwards from where they are at this point. The conversion, in my opinion, should be as equal as possible. If you were where I am( an already booked cruise away from Elite) I am sure you would like the same, and be grandfathered in with new setup without loosing status/points etc. Again, this is only speculation on everyone's part. You can play devil's advocate the same way...maybe we should all start over...??? or maybe...those with the most points go to the bottom, and those with the least move to the top. Celebrity does not strike me as that kind of company. Plus, I tend to see things as what would be fair and as equal as possible to customers. We will all see in the near future when we can comment on the facts! My cruise is 14 days; it is not just a few days, and it's already booked. I would not enjoy Elite status until the following cruise!

Edited by Lastdance

No one should have to go backwards from where they are at this point. The conversion, in my opinion, should be as equal as possible. If you were where I am( an already booked cruise away from Elite) I am sure you would like the same, and be grandfathered in with new setup without loosing status. Again, this is only speculation on everyone's part. You can play devil's advocate the same way...maybe we should all start over...??? or maybe...those with the most points go to the bottom, and those with the least move to the top. Celebrity does not strike me as that kind of company. Plus, I tend to see things as what would be fair and as equal as possible to customers. We will all see in the near future when we can comment on the facts!

First of all, I need to state that I'm exactly where you are. We are currently Select. Expected to be Elite after our cruise in February (which is currently paid in full). HOWEVER, it's not going backwards if that future cruise no longer gets us to Elite.

It's going backwards if we would no longer be Select.

I was hoping to be Elite as much as anyone else after February but certainly couldn't claim that I've lost status if that doesn't happen.

I have the exact same situation. Under the "old" system we would have 10 points after our 14 day cruise in February 2014 which I chose partially because we would get the two points necessary to make Elite. (This would also make us Diamond on RCI for a cruise in August.) If X counts days as speculated under a "new" system we would come up a few points short of 300. We are nearing final payment and I really hope we are "grandfathered" under the old system.

I would consider it unfair if X changed the rules after we booked.

What do you think?

Are you assuming you will not get double points for a 14 day cruise. I doubt that will happen. So if you have 8 credits now, assuming the multiplier of 30 is correct, you will have 240 points. Your 14 day, if double points still apply, will yield you another 60 points, giving you 300 points, hence you will be Elite.

Am I missing something?

First of all, I need to state that I'm exactly where you are. We are currently Select. Expected to be Elite after our cruise in February (which is currently paid in full). HOWEVER, it's not going backwards if that future cruise no longer gets us to Elite.

I was hoping to be Elite as much as anyone else after February but certainly couldn't claim that I've lost status if that doesn't happen.

Okay...poor choice of words for your understanding...I would like to gain status. Again, no one knows for sure what is going to happen. What else can I say; I'm on your side! I was even born in Michigan. It doesn't really matter what you or I think. Celebrity will do what they want! I am glad that you are so understanding about all of this, and it just isn't that important to you. I don't know what elite will do for me, as my husband and I don't drink very much, and are not big party people either. So, maybe I am with you...who cares?

Edited by Lastdance

So if everyone who's one cruise away from a new level deserves to be grandfathered, why not the people two cruises away? Three? Four? Seven?

When Carnival changed their system, they set a future date where you could still earn on the old 'cruise point' instead of 'day' system. That way folks who were close they could earn it.

I just hope these changes take effect in the new year, so that I have my Select status already earned. I know it isn't much, but it would be nice to be there since we did pick CC partially for that extra point.

Okay...poor choice of words for your understanding...I would like to gain status. Again, no one knows for sure what is going to happen. What else can I say; I'm on your side! I was even born in Michigan. It doesn't really matter what you or I think. Celebrity will do what they want! I am glad that you are so understanding about all of this, and it just isn't that important to you. I don't know what elite will do for me, as my husband and I don't drink very much, and are not big party people either. So, maybe I am with you...who cares?

I NEVER said I didn't care!!!!

Just said I couldn't claim to be losing status.

I hope that whoever came up with that 30 point conversion is correct and that future cruises will also be figured that way. Under the old system we would have 11 credits after our February cruise but what will happen now is pure speculation.....

(We aren't big drinkers either but I was looking forward to the laundry and internet benefits)

I have the exact same situation. Under the "old" system we would have 10 points after our 14 day cruise in February 2014 which I chose partially because we would get the two points necessary to make Elite. (This would also make us Diamond on RCI for a cruise in August.) If X counts days as speculated under a "new" system we would come up a few points short of 300. We are nearing final payment and I really hope we are "grandfathered" under the old system.

I would consider it unfair if X changed the rules after we booked.

What do you think?

Are you assuming you will not get double points for a 14 day cruise. I doubt that will happen. So if you have 8 credits now, assuming the multiplier of 30 is correct, you will have 240 points. Your 14 day, if double points still apply, will yield you another 60 points, giving you 300 points, hence you will be Elite.

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Yes you are missing something.

From the New System if you earned double points you may get 28 points and you end up with 268 point.

You still be short by 32 points to become Elite,:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by iSailor

I NEVER said I didn't care!!!!

Just said I couldn't claim to be losing status.

I hope that whoever came up with that 30 point conversion is correct and that future cruises will also be figured that way. Under the old system we would have 11 credits after our February cruise but what will happen now is pure speculation.....

(We aren't big drinkers either but I was looking forward to the laundry and internet benefits)

Okay...you do care! Great! I don't want to argue about this, or put words in your mouth. Please understand that I am only stating my opinion. It's just mine. Why am I upsetting you? I certainly don't mean to do so...and maybe I am not, but all those exclamation marks....Sorry!:eek:

From the New System if you earned double points you may get 28 points and you end up with 268 point.

You've confusing me. Where are you getting 28 points? Assuming a basic cruise is worth 30 points and you get double that on a 14 day cruise, then you have 60 not 28 at the conclusion of your cruise. Again, how did you come up with 28.

Clearly, if the rumors/website posted yesterday are correct, Celebrity is not going down the same path as RCI giving 1 point for each day cruised, doubled for CC, AQ or Suites package, and and doubled or triple on a long cruise.

This assumption causes people to just gets people pissed off, there is nothing logical about it. Please stop scaring people.

Edited by Oville

You've confusing me. Where are you getting 28 points? Assuming a basic cruise is worth 30 poinrts and you get double that on a 14 day cruise, then you have 60 not 28 at the conclusion of your cruise. Again, how did you come up with 28.

My guess would be that that the poster is using the current system on RCCL, which gives you points equal to the number of days sailed or double points if you are in a suite. But at the point of conversion on RCCL, the factor was 7 days per existing point, not 30, so that makes a big difference.

Nothing I have heard so far would indicate that that the RCCL system is exactly what Celebrity will be using after conversion, but anything is possible.

The multiple posts from people that have called Captain's Club all indicate that "people will not lose status" and that we will all "be happy" with the changes. Now, granted that lower points in the future does not equate to losing status at the point of conversion, but I guarantee that if people who are now 2 points away from Elite find that they are not Elite at the end of their next 14 day cruise, those people will NOT be happy. :eek:

We really lucked out with the Founders status. We signed up and authorized payment for $30 p/p to join. Before the charge hit my credit card, I got an e-mail saying the program had changed but we would still be enrolled as Founders.

Can't remember how much it cost when we joined after our first Celebrity cruise on the Zenith its inaugural year back in 1992.

But there was only one fee that covered all immediate family members including children who cruised - not a p/p fee. And I remember them telling us that they gave credit for any Chandris Fantasy cruises.

I still have my old silver cards with the blue and white anchor and writing with really low membership numbers.

I never got a credit for $100. However, we did receive quite a few vouchers (overcharge for taxes and ?) for another cruise IF booked within a very short period of time. Couldn't use them within the time frame........:(

:confused:The membership fee didn't cost $100.

It doesn't matter what we think, Celebrity is going to do what they are going to do. We can't do anything about it...unless we stop cruising with them. I don't see that happening with my situation. i would like to make Elite, but it certainly won't be the end of the world if I don't. Thank you to all of you who commented on what I wrote whether you were in my situation or not. This is all just speculation!:)

It doesn't matter what we think, Celebrity is going to do what they are going to do. We can't do anything about it...unless we stop cruising with them. I don't see that happening with my situation. i would like to make Elite, but it certainly won't be the end of the world if I don't. Thank you to all of you who commented on what I wrote whether you were in my situation or not. This is all just speculation!:)

Very good point:D:D:D

You're assuming the new points earning will be only days (possibly doubled for CC and up). Given the number of points between Elite and Elite+ being 450, it would take 225 days with bonus to move up. I can't believe Celebrity is going to make it that hard. It's only 95 points on Royal from Diamond to Diamond+.

A more logical assumption (based only on what people saw on the admittedly incomplete website) is that each point earned (basic cruise, CC & up and >11 days) would be worth 30 tier credits. Thus, the 14-day cruise would be worth 60 tier credits and would promote the poster to Elite just like 2 "old" points would have done.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if how points are earned does not change, multiplying them by 30 and increasing the tier credits doesn't change a darned thing. Still need 10 "old" points or 300 tier credits. Maybe they will count days and multiply them by some factor. But who knows? Certainly nobody here.

When Royal made their change, nobody lost status and only a few who were close were significantly further away than before. I'd bet good money that the scenario we are all talking about here will work out that the 14-day cruise will, indeed make GiannaD Elite.

I see where all this started...I still don't want to argue on CC. Speculate: yes! share my opinion: yes! i think they call this baiting the hook, and unfortunately, I took the bait.

All this math is making my head spin :D It is possible that those figures of 300 for Elite, etc. were just figures plugged into the still-being-developed webpage and not the true tier requirements at all, especially given that they took the page down very quickly. All this angst may be for naught. It could still turn out similar to RCCL's with points being given for days. OK, now you can all speculate where you will be under that scenario. :p

All this math is making my head spin :D It is possible that those figures of 300 for Elite, etc. were just figures plugged into the still-being-developed webpage and not the true tier requirements at all, especially given that they took the page down very quickly. All this angst may be for naught. It could still turn out similar to RCCL's with points being given for days. OK, now you can all speculate where you will be under that scenario. :p

Yes, it is possible but that is just speculation on my part.:rolleyes: :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Will they count the cruises before Captains Club was available?

When I joined the Captain's Club, I had had one cruise on Chandris before it became "Celebrity." I pointed that out to them (can't remember if I ever sent any "proof") and I did get credit for it. On the cruise history it just says "unknown" or something along those lines but doesn't mention the ship.

Tucker in Texas

When I joined the Captain's Club, I had had one cruise on Chandris before it became "Celebrity." I pointed that out to them (can't remember if I ever sent any "proof") and I did get credit for it. On the cruise history it just says "unknown" or something along those lines but doesn't mention the ship.

Tucker in Texas

I have several also on my cruise history with a date of 1970???????