The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

We also earned our status on both lines the old fashioned way. But some might consider losing reciprocity a loss of a benefit from the Celebrity perspective. An Elite on Celebrity would lose Diamond on RCL and thus not be eligible for the balcony/suite discount (which can be up to $325).

I don't see dropping reciprocity happening, but it would be nice if they set the bar for any higher levels high enough to keep the numbers down. And I say that even if it means we don't make it yet. If too many people qualify for a benefit, you can be sure that it will be diminished in value.

According to Celebrity's updated website with the new points system, it states that Elites are eligible for Diamond with RCI.

Currently have 4 points x 30 = 120 so Classic.

Eclipse in Feb. (suite, 14 days) which would have been 3 points x 30 = 90 plus my 120 - 210 so I move to Select?

Infinity in '15 (concierge, 15 days) would be 3 x 30 = 90 plus 210 = 300 so I move to Elite?

Under the old system after my Infinity cruise we would be Elite does it look like this is still the case?

Hoping so but not a deal killer as we love X but yes I'd be disappointed.

Similar situation, time will tell if we get there or not but as you said, it is not a deal breaker.:D

It would appear that Celebrity is a bit schizophrenic...that is, they want to alert folks that there is a change coming and suggest that they've listened (posts both here and on facebook) and it will, by implication, be good.....and at the same time, they seem to want to announce it at a time when folks are travelling and thinking about Thanksgiving and Black Friday so the announcement is lost in the ether....which would indicate that they are concerned about negative chatter and possible effect on bookings and they are paranoid to the extent of asking CC to remove posts in an attempt to limit the chatter (which as far as I've seen has been neutral to positive...mostly folks who are confused).

It's very strange. However, from what I've seen, it looks like it's going to be essentially neutral for most everyone with some getting what looks like a few more perks (worth ? depending on how you perceive the perks) for being part of the new elite plus level.

Those qualifying for the Zenith level are already pampered, given free specialty meals, free liquor and so on...so the only real add there seems to be a private lounge during the day....which based on my experience on the infinity TA will remain empty because who wants to spend time in Michael's club rather than being somewhere where they can get fresh air and read, etc. It seems that after 7pm, michael's club opens to everyone and that's when it might be nice to have a private lounge....not during the day.

Based on what I've seen (which is what you all have seen) the whole announcement appears to be pretty much a non event.....perhaps it will have some zing that we don't know about when it's finally announced...we all have to wait to see.

What am I missing?

Edited by ghstudio

What am I missing?

I think it's the CEO in the grassy knoll, trying to take everyone's perks away.

GH as usual you are spot on, lets wait and see!

Most of the upset seems to be from RCI members who want reciprocal arrangements maintained or at a higher level. Most of the complainers I haven't seen on the celebrity boards regularly.

Let us wait and see, then if we are not happy we can voice a reasoned opinion, either way at this late stage they will not change their minds regardless of how much people stamp their feet.

If and when it is announced officially you will be Elite Plus under this leaked proposal, just don't count on anything in the next few days fro your cruise.:D

The calc is not a leaked proposal, just someone's guess. The calc could be many things.

Most of the upset seems to be from RCI members who want reciprocal arrangements maintained or at a higher level. Most of the complainers I haven't seen on the celebrity boards regularly.

Don't forget that full reciprocity also benefits X members, who want to sail on RC. As things stand now, even Elites with many, many cruises are only "grandfathered-in" at C&A Diamond Level. With reciprocity, an Elite-plus could become Diamond-plus, and have access to the Concierge Lounge, etc, on RC. If X is looking at an equivalent of C&A's Pinnacle, I would imagine that there would be reciprocity there, as well (but, that's out of my league, for a long, long, time).

Don't forget that full reciprocity also benefits X members, who want to sail on RC. As things stand now, even Elites with many, many cruises are only "grandfathered-in" at C&A Diamond Level. With reciprocity, an Elite-plus could become Diamond-plus, and have access to the Concierge Lounge, etc, on RC. If X is looking at an equivalent of C&A's Pinnacle, I would imagine that there would be reciprocity there, as well (but, that's out of my league, for a long, long, time).

The Elite Plus tier has long been missed for those wanting reciprocity with Diamond plus (on RCI).:D

The Elite Plus tier has long been missed for those wanting reciprocity with Diamond plus (on RCI).:D

We are D+ on RCCL and hope to get a new program on X that has the same perks as on RCCL. We love X but miss the perks from RCCL.

I will not sleep til I know for sure. Hope its next week.

The site didn't have the calculation, which is why that's still an open question. It just had the point levels.

The site had both points required for each tier and credits received per cruise as usual when compared to existing credit levels per tier then the math is easy.

Select previoulsy 5-9 credits now 150-299 points, Elite previously 10 credits is now 300 points, a conversion rate of 30.:D

The site had both points required for each tier and credits received per cruise as usual when compared to existing credit levels per tier then the math is easy.

Select previoulsy 5-9 credits now 150-299 points, Elite previously 10 credits is now 300 points, a conversion rate of 30.:D

Is that conversion rate from Celebrity or an educated guest?

It is what was on the website. But the website was taken back down, so who knows what the end announcement will be.:D

Um, any one else see on the website that 1 credit equals 30 tier points? I certainly have seen a ton of speculation but nothing on the earlier website snafu.

Um, any one else see on the website that 1 credit equals 30 tier points? I certainly have seen a ton of speculation but nothing on the earlier website snafu.

It didn't say that one credit equals 30 new tier points, but it did show the following:

• Preview (0 points) As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.
  • Classic (2-149 points) As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.
  • Select (150-299 points) As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.
  • Elite (300-749 points) Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.
  • Elite Plus (750-2999 points) Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.
  • Zenith (3000+ points) Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity (sic) benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theatre.

So there has been some conjecture that the conversion is 1 original point = 30 new points. If they just do a straight conversion and carry on in the same vein, I don't understand what the point would be in converting to a new point system, unless they want to add some points that are worth only a portion of the value currently assigned to a shorter cruise in a standard cabin, i.e. one point.

However, other conversion scenarios also work, e.g. each original point could be worth 25 new points, and a one-time bonus (at a factor of 20%) is added to bring the totals up to 150 for Select (125 + 25 bonus points); to 300 for Elite (250 + 50 bonus points); to 750 for Elite Plus (625 + 125 bonus points) and to 3000 for Zenith (2500 + 500 bonus points). This would permit Celebrity to slow down the rate at which people can reach the new levels by valuing each future cruise at 25 points, and giving bonus points for other elements (suites, length of cruise, onboard spend) at whatever rate they choose. The difficulty here would be if it gets too complicated, people will hate it. However, it seems to work over at HAL.

Now how is that for pure speculation? It took more than one glass of shiraz to get there :p.

I know the information has been removed from the website. Thank you to those that posted it before it was removed. Based on what was posted I think it is a home run and should be an excellent improvement. Initial read would indicate to me that nothing is being taken away from the current levels and Celebrity is offering higher levels with some nice benefits. I always felt that the 90 minutes free internet was not much for Celebrity's highest level. The 200 minutes would be really significant and closer to Princess's benefit.

Perhaps a few transistion issues as the point system is converted, but it will be great in the long run. I may be naive, but I think Celebrity will work really hard to minimize any negative impact of the change if any because they new program is a very positive improvement.

So my initial thought is "Way to go Celebrity". I am even more loyal than previously. Maybe even someday I will be able to get to the Zenith level, I know that I will try.

I totally agree with you. I feel that Celebrity is highly aware of its loyalty members and will do everything in their new tier system to keep its members happy with additional benefits.

I know whatever Celebrity does to improve its new system will benefit me, as they are very consumer orientated. They say so on their Captain's Club web site.

"Exclusive perks…because you're the center of our attention".

GO CELEBRITY

It didn't say that one credit equals 30 new tier points, but it did show the following:

Still the 30 times credits has not been confirmed by Celebrity. It may very well be the conversion rate, but no on here knows for sure.

Edited by Oville

Still the 30 times credits has not been confirmed by Celebrity. It may very well be the conversion rate, but no on here knows for sure.

That would work about like RCCL. Divide by 7 and multiply by 30. D+ is 175 by 7 = 25 x 30 = 750. On X the highest level ( Zenith) is 3000 on RCCL Pinnacle is the highest level and starts at 750 divided by 7 = 107 times 30 = 3210 . Soooooo we have 3000 on X and 3210 on RCCL for the very top. Elite + starts at 750 which is JUST like RCCL D+>

Edited by walcherw