The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Hi Everyone,

We are having a great time on Eclipse. While it seems that we will finally be learning the Captains Club details, I've heard absolutely nothing through my Celebrity contacts, nor onboard. We've waited this long, so I'm not going to worry if it takes another few days, or a bit longer.

Whatever is ahead, I'm hopeful that we will be pleased.

. . . are there vouchers or a cocktail hour?

I, too, am 2 credits away from Ellite, and have several cruises booked for later in 2014, the first is a B2B, in Aqua, so I will become Elite in the middle of that. I am going to be very unhappy to have to wait even longer.

Did I miss something????? Have they already made the announcement? with new level info? I may not have read every post in this thread, but I am trying to keep up.

We are 2 credits away from Elite - which we would have achieved with our cruise in February that we just paid for.

I will NOT be a happy camper! :(

We are in the same "fix" as you on probably the same cruise and I feel as you do. We just finished an 11 day cruise, accruing the same points as the 3 day cruise. Since we are already in final payment, I hope they will "grandfather" it in.

And I'm getting ready to travel on what hopefully is my first cruise as Elite. I leave on Dec 10th and have been looking forward to some of the bennies. Now I'm crossing fingers that they don't mess with them, at least before then. :cool:

And I'm getting ready to travel on what hopefully is my first cruise as Elite. I leave on Dec 10th and have been looking forward to some of the bennies. Now I'm crossing fingers that they don't mess with them, at least before then. :cool:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that you will get the benefits in place today.. perhaps your drinks will be by voucher instead of a private room, but everything else should be unchanged for your cruise.

This is what happened to some on RCI. They were so close and missed out. It will be interesting to see how X calculates the points if they do indeed move in this direction. When RCI did this they took everyone's total points X 7 and that was the number given. They may have added a few more points as I don't remember exactly. Those who had taken many of the three and four night cruises made out like a bandit. Those who had taken longer cruises lost out. Some were very happy and others were not. I expect we will see the same thing here.:eek:

When Royal Caribbean converted, they did give indeed multiply by seven the add some point to everybody's total (people with one credit got one extra point; people with eight or more credits got 13 extra points). So, people like me with 8 credits (two credits from Diamond) at RCI's conversion got 69 points ((8x7)+13), so they were 11 points from Diamond. Granted, if those cruisers had planned to get those credits on a couple very short cruises, it would have taken them longer to get to D, but for most people with eight credits made D right on schedule (and a few made if sooner).

It will be interesting to see how Celebrity handles it.

This is what happened to some on RCI. They were so close and missed out. It will be interesting to see how X calculates the points if they do indeed move in this direction. When RCI did this they took everyone's total points X 7 and that was the number given. They may have added a few more points as I don't remember exactly. Those who had taken many of the three and four night cruises made out like a bandit. Those who had taken longer cruises lost out. Some were very happy and others were not. I expect we will see the same thing here.:eek:

That would likely anger everyone who ever booked concierge or above just to earn the extra tier credit. Especially on the S class where Concierge and and Verandah cabin are the same size.

Maybe I'll downgrade to a 1A in May if they take the brass ring away since the only reason I booked C2 was for the extra tier credit.

Should be interesting. Glad I obtained Select but was planning to obtain elite in May 2014, so unfortunately, this might hamper me. It would be nice if they had some sorta booked grace period so those that have booked cruises to get to the next level, don't potentially lose that achievement.

Having gone through this with Royal I can say the vast majority of people were fine with the change. The few who were not were those who booked 3 day cruises and those with 7 cruise credit, the latter group needing 3 seven day cruises plus a shorter one to get to Diamond.

Edited by Oville

That would likely anger everyone who ever booked concierge or above just to earn the extra tier credit. Especially on the S class where Concierge and and Verandah cabin are the same size.

Maybe I'll downgrade to a 1A in May if they take the brass ring away since the only reason I booked C2 was for the extra tier credit.

Should be interesting. Glad I obtained Select but was planning to obtain elite in May 2014, so unfortunately, this might hamper me. It would be nice if they had some sorta booked grace period so those that have booked cruises to get to the next level, don't potentially lose that achievement.

You are jumping the gun. Perhaps they will give more tier credits if you book concierge than a regular balcony cabin. I'd actually assume that type of step up would be in the new program....one of the key drivers of booking concierge has always been that extra point which will become extra tier credit.

Figures they would change it. I just made Elite. I had only gotten one cruise in as Diamond when evicted from the concierge lounge.

As for calculating points, before the Royal recalculation, we needed three points (cruises) to make Diamond+. We already had a 14 day cruise booked worth two points so that would leave us with only needing one more point or one more cruise.

The recalculation actually gave us more points than the present points times 7 even counting those cruises that were longer than 7 or 14 days by nights. However, we still needed close to another cruise to get enough points to be Diamond+.

I heard some grumbling that people didn't get the points they calculated they deserved but no one lost status. Those were people who were chasing the crystal blocks I think. I did hear some say they went to bed Diamond and woke up Diamond+, though.

Tucker in Texas

You are jumping the gun. Perhaps they will give more tier credits if you book concierge than a regular balcony cabin. I'd actually assume that type of step up would be in the new program....one of the key drivers of booking concierge has always been that extra point which will become extra tier credit.

Oh dont worry i wont be making any adjustments just yet....just wont be out of the question if they do remove the bonus for booking that level, as honestly, i had no benefit from it other than the better bathrobe and extra tier credit :-)

Figures they would change it. I just made Elite. I had only gotten one cruise in as Diamond when evicted from the concierge lounge.

As for calculating points, before the Royal recalculation, we needed three points (cruises) to make Diamond+. We already had a 14 day cruise booked worth two points so that would leave us with only needing one more point or one more cruise.

The recalculation actually gave us more points than the present points times 7 even counting those cruises that were longer than 7 or 14 days by nights. However, we still needed close to another cruise to get enough points to be Diamond+.

I heard some grumbling that people didn't get the points they calculated they deserved but no one lost status. Those were people who were chasing the crystal blocks I think. I did hear some say they went to bed Diamond and woke up Diamond+, though.

Tucker in Texas

The conversion on RCI did not affect us. We were D+ before and after. Pinnacle is not something that we will see. I don't see us cruising on RCI as much in the future.

I would not be surprised if X gave more than seven days per point since many of their cruises are longer than seven days. There is no way that they can go back to each individual past guest and recalculate so it will have to be something on the fair side.

Edited by cruisingator2

We are in the same "fix" as you on probably the same cruise and I feel as you do. We just finished an 11 day cruise, accruing the same points as the 3 day cruise. Since we are already in final payment, I hope they will "grandfather" it in.

I'm in the same boat, just one cruise away from Elite. Hopefully, they don't give us a longer ladder to climb to get there.

Oh dont worry i wont be making any adjustments just yet....just wont be out of the question if they do remove the bonus for booking that level, as honestly, i had no benefit from it other than the better bathrobe and extra tier credit :-)

I'm with you, if there is no extra point for concierge, no need to cruise in that category....a regular balcony cabin will do fine!

We reached the Elite status during our previous cruise last September. We expect to enjoy the privileges for the fist time during our next cruise in April 2014 that we booked last June.

Do you think that we will be protected by some kind of "grandfather" clause or if we have a risk of loosing our status even before having the chance of enjoying it?

Edited by vivi9909

I, too, am 2 credits away from Ellite, and have several cruises booked for later in 2014, the first is a B2B, in Aqua, so I will become Elite in the middle of that. I am going to be very unhappy to have to wait even longer.

Did I miss something????? Have they already made the announcement? with new level info? I may not have read every post in this thread, but I am trying to keep up.

You haven't missed a thing. Just more idle speculation. And misinformation (saying that the new plan is here).

There is no way that they can go back to each individual past guest and recalculate so it will have to be something on the fair side.

Your cruises AND the number of days on the sailings should be in your sailing history in your "My Celebrity". :)

We reached the Elite status during our previous cruise last September. We expect to enjoy the privileges for the fist time during our next cruise in April 2014 that we booked last June.

Do you think that we will be protected by some kind of "grandfather" clause or if we have a risk of loosing our status even before having the chance of enjoying it?

I'd be shocked, that would be a PR nightmare.

Since you are already Elite, I doubt they will take it away. Of course, you know what they say about when you "assume." :rolleyes::D No one yet knows if the current benefits will change, so while you will probably still be Elite, the benefits may not be exactly the same. All of this is pure speculation. Folks are getting their knickers in a twist without knowing if there is something to be upset about.:D

Every time "grandfathering" comes up in these discussions I wonder what some posters mean by the term. Sometimes it seems people want to be locked into the top tier of the club no matter what happens, or still be one or two cruises away from the top if that's where they are now.

If and when levels are added I fully expect there to still be at least two levels below mine, but I certainly don't expect to be in the program's top level just because at the moment I am.

Every time "grandfathering" comes up in these discussions I wonder what some posters mean by the term. Sometimes it seems people want to be locked into the top tier of the club no matter what happens, or still be one or two cruises away from the top if that's where they are now.

If and when levels are added I fully expect there to still be at least two levels below mine, but I certainly don't expect to be in the program's top level just because at the moment I am.

Me too. I always thought of "grandfathering" as keeping your status/level, even if you wouldn't have been at that level under the new rules. It never occurred to me that they'd make me the highest level if they add more above Elite, unless I meet the new criteria.

Under the current system We are currently Select with 6 points (41 nights) with our cruises booked in we will be Elite with 10 points and (66 nights). Presuming that they use the RCI conversion rates,

What does that make us now? How many points?

and what will we be after the two future cruises?

:D