The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

So should we start taking bets on how long and old this thread becomes before Celebrity actually makes an announcement?

Exactly! Add to the pile of all the others. Why doesn't Celebrity get it over with or announce they aren't changing anything? It's frustrating and so unnecessary to let the subject drag on and on without word one way or the other IMHO.

psst....

I heard Celebrity was taking extra time to roll this out so they can ensure every single cruise critic member who posts in this thread can be cross referenced to their Captain's Club rolls to have an extra 300 points added in.

I THINK, but am not positive, they have been busy neglecting the website for so long as they finish rebuilding a perfectly scaled replica of the Zenith for a special cruise for these Cruise Critic posters as well. But it will have bot Murano AND Oceanliners onboard and the buffet will have a variety of new breakfast items added to it.

This is probably why the Zenith images and marketing materials are showing up now.

psst....

I heard Celebrity was taking extra time to roll this out so they can ensure every single cruise critic member who posts in this thread can be cross referenced to their Captain's Club rolls to have an extra 300 points added in.

I THINK, but am not positive, they have been busy neglecting the website for so long as they finish rebuilding a perfectly scaled replica of the Zenith for a special cruise for these Cruise Critic posters as well. But it will have bot Murano AND Oceanliners onboard and the buffet will have a variety of new breakfast items added to it.

This is probably why the Zenith images and marketing materials are showing up now.

3-D printer comes to mind...

psst....

So if I post twice will I get 600 points :)

I am just giving up on this. No more reading about possible changes for me. If it happens, it happens. It is just not that important in the great scheme of things.

Or, maybe instead of paying big bucks to a marketing firm, they through out some rumors and see what we all have to say on the matter, and then factor all of that into their decision.

This topic has been on the boards forever. It is getting rather old. I am a bit curious about if and when and how the Captains club will revamp itself. I am elite. I joined the Captains club back in the day when you had to pay to join. The perks were one cat. upgrade, no fee for air deviation, and priority luggage service. I have lots of cruise credits. Many of those credits were acquired when any cruise got you one credit. It did not matter whether you sailed for 4 nights in an inside cabin or 3 weeks in a luxurious suite. They each got you one credit. Trying to change from cruise credits to cruise night points may be better for future cruises. As for the past cruises, changing credits to points could be a difficult experience. I do hope that whatever they do, they do not delete any perks that I have now. Also, curious about how this will affect my status on Royal and Azamara. If the main goal is to reward loyal guests, then adding new perks for very loyal guests would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been on the boards forever. It is getting rather old. I am a bit curious about if and when and how the Captains club will revamp itself. I am elite. I joined the Captains club back in the day when you had to pay to join. The perks were one cat. upgrade, no fee for air deviation, and priority luggage service. I have lots of cruise credits. Many of those credits were acquired when any cruise got you one credit. It did not matter whether you sailed for 4 nights in an inside cabin or 3 weeks in a luxurious suite. They each got you one credit. Trying to change from cruise credits to cruise night points may be better for future cruises. As for the past cruises, changing credits to points could be a difficult experience. I do hope that whatever they do, they do not delete any perks that I have now. Also, curious about how this will affect my status on Royal and Azamara. If the main goal is to reward loyal guests, then adding new perks for very loyal guests would be greatly appreciated.

I just came off a Transatlantic on Reflection on Saturday and the Captain's Club hostess told me, that the new system would be out "soon" (whatever that means) and that nobody was going to lose any benefits. (For those who are worried. I am not). There were 2100 Captain's Club members on board, 1200 of which had Elite status. This meant vouchers for cocktails and breakfast in Tuscan Grill as well as Qsine.

I just came off a Transatlantic on Reflection on Saturday and the Captain's Club hostess told me, that the new system would be out "soon" (whatever that means) and that nobody was going to lose any benefits. (For those who are worried. I am not). There were 2100 Captain's Club members on board, 1200 of which had Elite status. This meant vouchers for cocktails and breakfast in Tuscan Grill as well as Qsine.

Don't want to highjack the thread but trying to find out who the Captain and the Cruise Director are on Reflection. Please share on the "Who's onboard thread" if you remember.Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862734&page=108

Thanks!

celebrity's captain's club pages describing the current levels are currently down.....perhaps this is it...(or perhaps, of course, not).

Darn....the problem with the web site is that they have bad URL's....not that the page is gone. The pointer to the page is malformed.

If you click on show select benefits, the URL that is used is:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&tab=captains_club_tier_classic%2Fcaptainsclub%2FmembershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename%3Dcaptains_club_tier_classic

but it should only be:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&tab=captains_club_tier_classic

It's just bad programming, not a precursor to the new plans......

Darn....the problem with the web site is that they have bad URL's....not that the page is gone. The pointer to the page is malformed.

If you click on show select benefits, the URL that is used is:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&tab=captains_club_tier_classic%2Fcaptainsclub%2FmembershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename%3Dcaptains_club_tier_classic

but it should only be:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&tab=captains_club_tier_classic

It's just bad programming, not a precursor to the new plans......

Now this is very useful - many thanks for posting :)

I heard that for every cruise that the first 200 to book will get extra points, but if you then cancel you will not only lose them they will deduct the same amount from those that you have accumulated and you could end up with a negative amount.

The same applies for any cancellation . If you book a cruise and then cancel the credits that you would have earned are deducted from your account. This is to stop people from booking and then canceling at final payment.

.🎄🎅

From a PR perspective. You always release bad information on Fridays. Fridays are the news day which people pay the least attention to. The weekend is approaching, work is finishing and more stories will have come up over the weekend which will hopefully eclipse the news you are releasing. Monday people are back at work and scrutinizing what is happening in the world again.

Remember that this same tactic of "selling the new program" was used by American Express Membership Rewards when they devalued everyone's points a few years ago in this "fabulous new program"....Always sell bad news in good format.....people believe it.

I am interested to see what the next few weeks bring......And what day the release is......