The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I actually was looking for it earlier and only thing that was listed was my upcoming cruise...lol no clue where it is but i believe i was looking in the right place.

On the page that shows your booked cruises, click on the link "Captains Club" at the top (next to "My Profile"). Then click on Sailing History.

I actually was looking for it earlier and only thing that was listed was my upcoming cruise...lol no clue where it is but i believe i was looking in the right place.

After you log in to MY CELEBRITY, click on the drop-down "Captain's Club" tab and 4 options down you will see "Sailing History". CLick on that and all will be revealed :p.

There is a place on "My Celebrity" that says "Cruise History". You should be able to find your past cruises and days of sailing there. :)

Yeah I just found it after re-searching while not at work hehe.

I've got a 14 night in concierge

9 night in reg verandah

10 night in reg verandah.

5 credits total. I have a 3 credit cruise booked currently. Was really hoping to add on another in the winter to get another 2 credits but...now, likely won't be needed lol

According to someone elses post i'd have what 35 (5*7) and then 28 (14 x 2 for concierge), 9 and 10 so 82...if they used RCL then i'd be at diamond level but, I can't imagine i'd luck out that way!

:-)

9 night in reg verandah

5 credits total. I have a 3 credit cruise booked currently. Was really hoping to add on another in the winter to get another 2 credits but...now, likely won't be needed lol

According to someone elses post i'd have what 35 (5*7) and then 28 (14 x 2 for concierge), 9 and 10 so 82...if they used RCL then i'd be at diamond level but, I can't imagine i'd luck out that way!

No, you would currently be converted to 38, if the conversion happened after your next cruise you'd have 69 points, a cruise or two shy of Diamond

Edited by Oville

You didn't give enough information to be sure, but here is one scenario(assuming that Celebrity follows RCL exactly and creates Elite + at the same level as Diamond +)" All I know is 2 cruises, 25 nights and you expected to get at least 4 credits.

Current credits - 6 will convert to 45 points

1st cruise (assumed 11 nights in Concierge which would have been 2 credits) - 22 points

2nd cruise (assumed 14 nights in Concierge which would have been 3 credits) - 28 points

New total 95 points which would qualify as Diamond on RCL (takes 80) or Elite on Celebrity (again, assuming the same new scale)

You would be quite a ways away from Elite + or Diamond + (175 points). 6 or 7 cruises of 7 nights in Concierge or above using either method of accrual.

If they don't change, you would have 11 credits and still be Elite

Thank you, That was what I was thinking.

Realistically there will be no change from what it is now so I am happy.:D

9 night in reg verandah

We may have to do one more cruise each to get to Elite ( and get the free 90 mins of internet package).:D

We may have to do one more cruise each to get to Elite ( and get the free 90 mins of internet package).:D

I was planning to! But now....who knows lol. I wouldn't even have 8 tier credits until may...i was planning to do a 2 credit cruise last minute in the winter.

But if we use the pictures everyone found - it is 300 credits for Elite and 750 credits for Elite Plus (3000 for Zenith ha!).

Conversion:

current credits X 30 to get started. so 10 current credits is Elite (300), 25 is Elite plus (750) and 100 is Zenith (300). My cruise history goes back to the Zenith in 1993 and we are Founders - so figuring out "days" is nearly impossible.

New Credits:

15 credits for 2-5 days

25 credits for 7-11 days

50 credits for 12 days or longer

15 bonus credits for Aqua Class or Suite (2-5 days)

25 bonus credits for Aqua Class or Suite (7 days or longer)

Benefits? who knows. I think drink pacakage is a good idea.....

But if we use the pictures everyone found - it is 300 credits for Elite and 750 credits for Elite Plus (3000 for Zenith ha!).

Conversion:

current credits X 30 to get started. so 10 current credits is Elite (300), 25 is Elite plus (750) and 100 is Zenith (300). My cruise history goes back to the Zenith in 1993 and we are Founders - so figuring out "days" is nearly impossible.

New Credits:

15 credits for 2-5 days

25 credits for 7-11 days

50 credits for 12 days or longer

15 bonus credits for Aqua Class or Suite (2-5 days)

25 bonus credits for Aqua Class or Suite (7 days or longer)

Benefits? who knows. I think drink pacakage is a good idea.....

That would suck as i'd go from really close, to only half way there. But, it is what it is right? Nothing we can do either way. Just gotta hope that in the end, nobody loses any current status/perks I guess.

I was planning to! But now....who knows lol. I wouldn't even have 8 tier credits until may...i was planning to do a 2 credit cruise last minute in the winter.

I have the two booked next year but maybe I need one more. It will be anyones guess until they make the official announcement.:D

From the Captain's Club section of the X website, just now:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&cS=SIDENAV

Preview Tier

As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.

Classic Tier

As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.

Select Tier

As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.

Elite Tier

Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Elite Plus Tier

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith Tier

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theater.

The points info is not updated on the website yet, let alone any conversion formula, but it's clear that 1 "old" point is equal to 30 new points. Indeed, no indication that anyone will lose anything they have now.

Elite retains a "cocktail hour", although no mention of a lounge, so I suspect vouchers.

Elite Plus will get 200 minutes of internet, and discounts on specialty restaurants and drink packages, and some free coffee drinks.

Zenith, free drink packages, and "Michael's Club Concierge Lounge" (whatever that turns out to entail)

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

Since this is the thread for speculation, I predict the conversion for those with 8 or more current points will use this formula:

Current points x 30 + 50 = New points

For example:

8 current points x 30 = 240 + 50 = 290 or just shy of Elite

9 x 30 = 270 + 50 = 320 which would then get you Elite a little "early"

23 x 30 = 690 + 50 = 740 or just shy of Elite Plus

24 x 30 = 720 + 50 = 770 which would get you Elite Plus a little early

This is how they did it when RCCL switched several years ago. The point of the "extra" points is to make up for those who cruised 8 to 11 days, or more than 14 days, since those cruises got "whole" points under the old system.

Why 1 to 30, instead of 1 to 7 like RCCL did? Easy. Now Celebrity can break down the daily points into much finer slices, for example each type of room can get more points per day, and on board spending can parse out at relatively modest levels (e.g $100 = 1 point).

Those are my guesses. Lets hear yours.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

I find with numbers and stuff it's always interesting to look at the extremes.

For example, the Classic tier ranges from 2-149 points. It is therefore possible to have just 2 captain's club points. How would you go about earning these? A one night cruise in an inside cabin? Or by spending $100 on a complimentary cruise?

So much potential for speculation at this time in the morning...

HOWEVER, the website is still showing 1 point per cruise, 1 point for higher cabins, 1 point for longer sailings. But 3000 for Zenith. At that rate, it's gonna take a long time to get to Zenith!

Ah, the wonders of the Celebrity website. And be sure to notice the typo in Zenith level.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Preview Tier

As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.

Classic Tier

As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.

Select Tier

As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.

Elite Tier

Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Elite Plus Tier

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith Tier

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theater.

Edited by cruisestitch

cruisestitch,

No, it´s saying "tier credits" not "points"! So maybe one tier credit equals 30 points for the status level or the website is not updated regarding this. But then they might need a complete new point system which obviously is not one point per night spent aboard (plus an extra point for CC and up).

steamboats

Currently have 4 points x 30 = 120 so Classic.

Eclipse in Feb. (suite, 14 days) which would have been 3 points x 30 = 90 plus my 120 - 210 so I move to Select?

Infinity in '15 (concierge, 15 days) would be 3 x 30 = 90 plus 210 = 300 so I move to Elite?

Under the old system after my Infinity cruise we would be Elite does it look like this is still the case?

Hoping so but not a deal killer as we love X but yes I'd be disappointed.

Maybe the European website is different.

My view says

It's Easy to Earn Points

Unlike other cruise reward programs, the Captain's Club uses tier points rather than cruises to determine your benefits*. Members earn cruise points based on the number of nights and the stateroom category sailed in. This makes it easier for our members to qualify for higher tiers and receive more exclusive benefits.

Ways to Earn Tier Points

And then there is the familiar box with 1 point per cruise, 1 point for longer cruises, one point for higher end staterooms. (Unchanged from before.)

Edited by cruisestitch