The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I totally agree with you. I feel that Celebrity is highly aware of its loyalty members and will do everything in their new tier system to keep its members happy with additional benefits.

I know whatever Celebrity does to improve its new system will benefit me, as they are very consumer orientated. They say so on their Captain's Club web site.

"Exclusive perks…because you're the center of our attention".

GO CELEBRITY

When RCCL changed over my DW and I had an average of 10 days per cruise so we lost some but we were D+ before the change. RCCL did not lower anyones status . I think y'all have it down pretty good. I think it will be GREAT.

Still the 30 times credits has not been confirmed by Celebrity. It may very well be the conversion rate, but no on here knows for sure.

I did say that it was not official as the page was removed, however as Water lily wrote, the points tend to lead to a 30 point to one credit conversion.:D

The site had both points required for each tier and credits received per cruise as usual when compared to existing credit levels per tier then the math is easy.

Select previoulsy 5-9 credits now 150-299 points, Elite previously 10 credits is now 300 points, a conversion rate of 30.:D

All it displayed is the current earning rate. i.e. Right now. Before the changes.

That doesn't mean that after the changes the same earning rate will be in effect. So you can't just assume it will be. :D

Anyone else wonder what happened to "1" point, as it is not included in the "2-149" range?

No. That's not surprising as RCL also has a grey zone before you become gold e.g. if you've sailed on a 1 or 2 night cruise, you are still not a basic gold member.

That's also why my speculation as mentioned earlier is that it will partially involve a per night basis.

That would work about like RCCL. Divide by 7 and multiply by 30. D+ is 175 by 7 = 25 x 30 = 750. On X the highest level ( Zenith) is 3000 on RCCL Pinnacle is the highest level and starts at 750 divided by 7 = 107 times 30 = 3210 . Soooooo we have 3000 on X and 3210 on RCCL for the very top. Elite + starts at 750 which is JUST like RCCL D+>

Yes, I suggested that as being reasonable as an existing point conversion. So that they can claim no existing members are disadvantaged.

However, future earning is something else and my speculation is there will be a lower earning rate, but with (limited) bonuses as well.

I did say that it was not official as the page was removed, however as Water lily wrote, the points tend to lead to a 30 point to one credit conversion.:D

No, I wrote it was an open statement and just one of a number of possibilities and then you replied:

"The site had both points required for each tier and credits received per cruise as usual when compared to existing credit levels per tier then the math is easy.

Select previoulsy 5-9 credits now 150-299 points, Elite previously 10 credits is now 300 points, a conversion rate of 30.:D "

As though it was certain. With no mention of it not being official.

No, I wrote it was an open statement and just one of a number of possibilities and then you replied:

"The site had both points required for each tier and credits received per cruise as usual when compared to existing credit levels per tier then the math is easy.

Select previoulsy 5-9 credits now 150-299 points, Elite previously 10 credits is now 300 points, a conversion rate of 30.:D "

As though it was certain. With no mention of it not being official.

Well I am officially saying it is not official even though the page implied this conversion by displaying both the points needed fo reach tier and the credits earned by cruising.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

However, other conversion scenarios also work, e.g. each original point could be worth 25 new points, and a one-time bonus (at a factor of 20%) is added to bring the totals up to 150 for Select (125 + 25 bonus points); to 300 for Elite (250 + 50 bonus points); to 750 for Elite Plus (625 + 125 bonus points) and to 3000 for Zenith (2500 + 500 bonus points). This would permit Celebrity to slow down the rate at which people can reach the new levels by valuing each future cruise at 25 points, and giving bonus points for other elements (suites, length of cruise, onboard spend) at whatever rate they choose. The difficulty here would be if it gets too complicated, people will hate it. However, it seems to work over at HAL.
Some people here will hate it no matter what they do.

It didn't say that one credit equals 30 new tier points, but it did show the following:

• Preview (0 points) As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.
  • Classic (2-149 points) As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.
  • Select (150-299 points) As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.
  • Elite (300-749 points) Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.
  • Elite Plus (750-2999 points) Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.
  • Zenith (3000+ points) Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity (sic) benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theatre.

So there has been some conjecture that the conversion is 1 original point = 30 new points. If they just do a straight conversion and carry on in the same vein, I don't understand what the point would be in converting to a new point system, unless they want to add some points that are worth only a portion of the value currently assigned to a shorter cruise in a standard cabin, i.e. one point.

However, other conversion scenarios also work, e.g. each original point could be worth 25 new points, and a one-time bonus (at a factor of 20%) is added to bring the totals up to 150 for Select (125 + 25 bonus points); to 300 for Elite (250 + 50 bonus points); to 750 for Elite Plus (625 + 125 bonus points) and to 3000 for Zenith (2500 + 500 bonus points). This would permit Celebrity to slow down the rate at which people can reach the new levels by valuing each future cruise at 25 points, and giving bonus points for other elements (suites, length of cruise, onboard spend) at whatever rate they choose. The difficulty here would be if it gets too complicated, people will hate it. However, it seems to work over at HAL.

Now how is that for pure speculation? It took more than one glass of shiraz to get there :p.

The conversion is just the 1 time fix,it has to be base on 1 number or a standard formula.

After the conversion is done,every cruise will be base on the number of days you earned and not number of cruise.

I believe each category cabin will earn a standard points x the number of days cruise.

Edited by iSailor

Anyone else wonder what happened to "1" point, as it is not included in the "2-149" range?

Find a 1 night celebrity cruise someplace then the question becomes relevant...otherwise theres never a situation where one would have just 1 point.

:-)

Well I am officially saying it is not official even though the page implied this conversion by displaying both the points needed fo reach tier and the credits earned by cruising.:D

We'd already established there was nothing official been made.

It didn't even imply this, as it was a work in progress with terms not matching. You could possibly have been confused if you were a brand new cruiser if you happened upon it at that time, but for experienced cruisers part of it clearly still had the old (current) terms, and only one small part had the new terms.

It didn't say that one credit equals 30 new tier points, but it did show the following:

• Preview (0 points) As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.
  • Classic (2-149 points) As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.
  • Select (150-299 points) As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.
  • Elite (300-749 points) Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.
  • Elite Plus (750-2999 points) Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.
  • Zenith (3000+ points) Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity (sic) benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theatre.

So there has been some conjecture that the conversion is 1 original point = 30 new points. If they just do a straight conversion and carry on in the same vein, I don't understand what the point would be in converting to a new point system, unless they want to add some points that are worth only a portion of the value currently assigned to a shorter cruise in a standard cabin, i.e. one point.

Now how is that for pure speculation? It took more than one glass of shiraz to get there :p.

Based on the simialrity with RCCL, I think it safe to assume that RCCL D will be equal to Elite and D+ will equate to Elite +

I must be having a senior moment, or day ,or month but can someone answer this...On RCL I am a Diamond + with over 500 days, on Celebrity I have 11 cruises and am Elite . When this change goes through what will I be on Celebrity. I was under the impression that your status on RCL would be the same level on C. We also joined C's loyalty program back when we had to pay the $15 to join. Help !!:):eek:

We also joined C's loyalty program back when we had to pay the $15 to join. Help !!:):eek:

You got a bargain--we paid $50 (lol)

When cleaning out my closet, I found a blue woven bag that has a big "X" and Chandris woven into it! Had to be from a Bermuda cruise back in the early 80's.

Tucker in Texas

I must be having a senior moment, or day ,or month but can someone answer this...On RCL I am a Diamond + with over 500 days, on Celebrity I have 11 cruises and am Elite . When this change goes through what will I be on Celebrity. I was under the impression that your status on RCL would be the same level on C. We also joined C's loyalty program back when we had to pay the $15 to join. Help !!:):eek:

Your level on either line is whichever is the highest (however, in the current program, Elite is the best you can do so D, D+ and Pinnacle all get you Elite on Celebrity and Elite on Celebrity would get you D on RCL).

Your days on RCL are irrelevant in the Celebrity conversion. In some form or fashion, you should be converted to some number that would keep you as elite on Celebrity. BUT, if the reciprocity continues and follows the past practice AND the levels come out as speculated here, you would be Elite+ based on your D+ status on RCL.

We really lucked out with the Founders status. We signed up and authorized payment for $30 p/p to join. Before the charge hit my credit card, I got an e-mail saying the program had changed but we would still be enrolled as Founders.