The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Until X posts the details on how to earn points, it is still all guess work. They also haven't mentioned the reciprocity with RCCL. We will be D+ in March. Wonder if that will equate to the new Elite+. That would be nice. :D Also, will Azamara cruises still be combined with X? Only time will tell. Then the complaining/rejoicing can begin in earnest! ;)

I just called the Captain's Club to ask about what the new levels mean. She said the post on the website was a "teaser" and they aren't able to provide any further information.

She did say that I should call back next week and that they should be able to respond by then.

Teaser? Really?

Kathy

A major corporation putting out a "teaser"....what do they think we are, monkeys in an experimental lab??? Let's watch the boards and see how they react to this news and then we will feed them more in a few days.

I am amazed that this is the way their PR people think it should be handled! Time for a new PR firm / employee.

Unbelievable.

Since this is the thread for speculation, I predict the conversion for those with 8 or more current points will use this formula:

Current points x 30 + 50 = New points

For example:

8 current points x 30 = 240 + 50 = 290 or just shy of Elite

9 x 30 = 270 + 50 = 320 which would then get you Elite a little "early"

23 x 30 = 690 + 50 = 740 or just shy of Elite Plus

24 x 30 = 720 + 50 = 770 which would get you Elite Plus a little early

This is how they did it when RCCL switched several years ago. The point of the "extra" points is to make up for those who cruised 8 to 11 days, or more than 14 days, since those cruises got "whole" points under the old system.

Why 1 to 30, instead of 1 to 7 like RCCL did? Easy. Now Celebrity can break down the daily points into much finer slices, for example each type of room can get more points per day, and on board spending can parse out at relatively modest levels (e.g $100 = 1 point).

Those are my guesses. Lets hear yours.

Harris

Denver, CO

Keeping my fingers and everything else crossed that Harris is right about this as we have 24 old points and would love to be Elite plus.

I spoke with a Captain's Club Rep this morning because I was concerned about my status of becoming Select after my January cruise. I was concerned because I saw the 150 points for Select and could find no indication of how the points were determined. There are tabs for all the levels including the new ones, but some have the old information and some have the new.

The CC rep said that the website was not complete and she could confirm that I will be come select in January but said that I would be happy! So, my interpretation is that I will be Select and therefore there will be a formula other than 1 point per night, plus extra for Concierge, Aqua and Suites, plus extra for 12 or more nights.

She did indicate that it will be a couple of days until the website is complete.

I am on the Celebrity site and do not see all the new levels...Can someone direct me to where all these levels are located so I can see the benefits for each. Thanks

Someone on another thread said they have been taken down.

Weren't supposed to have been announced until next week.

The page was still open on my browser so I copied it:

(And SO THERE to my kids who laugh at me for not closing the browser every time I look at something! :p )

There were pictures but they don't seem to have copied.

Overview

Preview

Classic

Select

Elite

Membership Benefits

Our Captain's Club premier recognition and rewards program, with exclusive benefits for each membership tier, is designed to make you the center of our attention.

Preview Tier

Preview Tier

As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.

Classic Tier

Classic Tier

As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.

Select Tier

Select Tier

As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.

Elite Tier

Elite Tier

Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Elite Plus

Elite Plus Tier

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith

Zenith Tier

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theate

HOWEVER, the website is still showing 1 point per cruise, 1 point for higher cabins, 1 point for longer sailings. But 3000 for Zenith. At that rate, it's gonna take a long time to get to Zenith!

Ah, the wonders of the Celebrity website. And be sure to notice the typo in Zenith level.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Preview Tier

As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.

Classic Tier

As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.

Select Tier

As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.

Elite Tier

Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Elite Plus Tier

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith Tier

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theater.

Nice.:p

Does that eliminate our knowledge of it too?

Clearly, it was just a test page with artificial tier numbers and hypothetical benefits. Surely, if they were making this type of announcement that effects their most loyal customers, they would announce it with an email to all captain's club members, a press release and a full compliment of web pages with all the details.

I say it was just one programmer's concept of what a new page might look like...and it was accidentally posted......

I know the information has been removed from the website. Thank you to those that posted it before it was removed. Based on what was posted I think it is a home run and should be an excellent improvement. Initial read would indicate to me that nothing is being taken away from the current levels and Celebrity is offering higher levels with some nice benefits. I always felt that the 90 minutes free internet was not much for Celebrity's highest level. The 200 minutes would be really significant and closer to Princess's benefit.

Perhaps a few transistion issues as the point system is converted, but it will be great in the long run. I may be naive, but I think Celebrity will work really hard to minimize any negative impact of the change if any because they new program is a very positive improvement.

So my initial thought is "Way to go Celebrity". I am even more loyal than previously. Maybe even someday I will be able to get to the Zenith level, I know that I will try.

I know the information has been removed from the website. Thank you to those that posted it before it was removed. Based on what was posted I think it is a home run and should be an excellent improvement. Initial read would indicate to me that nothing is being taken away from the current levels and Celebrity is offering higher levels with some nice benefits. I always felt that the 90 minutes free internet was not much for Celebrity's highest level. The 200 minutes would be really significant and closer to Princess's benefit.

Perhaps a few transistion issues as the point system is converted, but it will be great in the long run. I may be naive, but I think Celebrity will work really hard to minimize any negative impact of the change if any because they new program is a very positive improvement.

So my initial thought is "Way to go Celebrity". I am even more loyal than previously. Maybe even someday I will be able to get to the Zenith level, I know that I will try.

If the conversion is, as someone speculated, a multiplier of 30 from current points to future points it leaves us one cruise away from Elite - exactly where we were before.

The new "Elite Plus" is a little ways away but attainable , which says to me it's GREAT marketing! :D

And those who attain Zenith deserve whatever extras they get - that's a LOT of cruises! :D

If the conversion is, as someone speculated, a multiplier of 30 from current points to future points it leaves us one cruise away from Elite - exactly where we were before.

The new "Elite Plus" is a little ways away but attainable , which says to me it's GREAT marketing! :D

And those who attain Zenith deserve whatever extras they get - that's a LOT of cruises! :D

Just an idea but what about 25 points for every "old" point plus a bonus of 50 points for all existing club members at any level.

If i do the maths (and yes in the UK we have an s at the end of math) everyone would retain the same level and the distance from the next level however any future members would take longer to get to each stage

For example

Current 10 points = 10 x 25 + 50 = 300 For existing But 12 x 25 = 300 for new

Current 8 points = 8 x 25 + 50 =250 (which is still 2 x25 short)

current 1 point = 1 x 25 + 50 = 75 ( which is still 9 x 25 short of elite)

result

Celebrity keeps us all happy

Harder for new members and restricts growth of elites etc

high points value give range of marketing options

just an idea VIEWS?

Stuart