The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Guess we will know soon but I fully expect the updated program to mirror that of RCI with days cruised in place of points and an added tier or two. I doubt anyone will lose their status. It just may take longer to reach the next level which happened to some on RCI when they when changed to the new system. I also don't see them taking away the RCI/Celebrity crossing of benefits. Regardless of what Celebrity does there will be some who will not be happy as you cannot please everyone.

We are 2 credits away from Elite - which we would have achieved with our cruise in February that we just paid for.

I will NOT be a happy camper! :(

You must have missed this.

(What does "stay tuned" mean? I'm one of the pessimists that thinks this will only leave us with less. )

Karen,

Look on the bright side. Think positive, until there is a reason not to. :) I see more upside potential than downside. Especially since I will have 24 points now and am sailing in 2.5 weeks.

We are 2 credits away from Elite - which we would have achieved with our cruise in February that we just paid for.

What about those poor new Elite Plus people now having to cruise for many years to achieve the equivalent top tier of P on RCL ;)

This is what happened to some on RCI. They were so close and missed out. It will be interesting to see how X calculates the points if they do indeed move in this direction. When RCI did this they took everyone's total points X 7 and that was the number given. They may have added a few more points as I don't remember exactly. Those who had taken many of the three and four night cruises made out like a bandit. Those who had taken longer cruises lost out. Some were very happy and others were not. I expect we will see the same thing here.:eek:

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm on track to becoming Elite in January. I will be majorly ticked if they make it even slightly harder for me. I was on the verge of being Platinum when Royal Caribbean made the change and it didn't affect me any. Hopefully Celebrity's change will be the same.

This is what happened to some on RCI. They were so close and missed out. It will be interesting to see how X calculates the points if they do indeed move in this direction. When RCI did this they took everyone's total points X 7 and that was the number given. They may have added a few more points as I don't remember exactly. Those who had taken many of the three and four night cruises made out like a bandit. Those who had taken longer cruises lost out. Some were very happy and others were not. I expect we will see the same thing here.:eek:

My gut reaction will be that Elite Plus (or equivalent) and above get the Lounge from 17.00 to 20.30 - Those below Elite Plus (equivalent) get Vouchers;) -

Next step for RCL will be for D+ and above to get the D/Lounge with D's getting vouchers.;)

With Zenith being one of the rumored tier changes I think that it would be nice if they changed all the names of each tier to former ships that were in the fleet. Like many on here I do not like the name Elite but they could call them Horizon, Meridian, Mercury, etc. Anything would be better than the current names.

My gut reaction will be that Elite Plus (or equivalent) and above get the Lounge from 17.00 to 20.30 - Those below Elite Plus (equivalent) get Vouchers;) -

Next step for RCL will be for D+ and above to get the D/Lounge with D's getting vouchers.;)

Doubtful on RCI. They are adding Diamond lounges now on all ships(with exception to the Majesty) to handle Diamond guests. I know that some would be very happy with this but I don't see it happening but time will tell and I personally don't care.

Edited by cruisingator2

With Zenith being one of the rumored tier changes I think that it would be nice if they changed all the names of each tier to former ships that were in the fleet. Like many on here I do not like the name Elite but they could call them Horizon, Meridian, Mercury, etc. Anything would be better than the current names.

That takes all the fun out of telling people "I'm elite".

Karen,

Look on the bright side. Think positive, until there is a reason not to. :) I see more upside potential than downside. Especially since I will have 24 points now and am sailing in 2.5 weeks.

Mike,

We've been so spoiled by the Elite perks on Princess and were really looking forward to the laundry and internet minutes.

We'll live without them but it's frustrating to have the "ball" right in front of you and watch it roll away.

If they only add tiers and benefits that's great but I guess I'm a pessimist.

We are of the group that has taken longer cruises. :(

Oh well, we lived without the amenities for 35 days last year. I guess we can live without them again.

(I would give up ALL of the ELite benefits if they brought the fresh tuna back to the Aqua Spa Cafe. ;) )

Mike,

We've been so spoiled by the Elite perks on Princess and were really looking forward to the laundry and internet minutes.

We'll live without them but it's frustrating to have the "ball" right in front of you and watch it roll away.

)

I am guessing that with your point conversion, you will still be turning Elite after your February cruise. We will all find out soon enough. The RCCL conversion worked out quite nicely in my opinion; and I am expecting nothing less from Celebrity. They want to give us more incentive to cruise with X, not less.:D

Absolutely amazing!! They have not published the changes and ALREADY people are complaining about them!!!!

This should be real fun when the new perks/levels are announced.:rolleyes:

Not really complaining, just speculating. Something to do if you need a distraction from the humdrum of daily life.

I think we should run a pool based on how long it takes from the time that Celebrity Cruises tweeted "stay tuned" until the announcement is actually made by Celebrity.

I pick 2:00 pm EST tomorrow, November 21st. No financial gain, just bragging rights :p. Guided by the theory that bad news is announced on Friday afternoons, I think the news will be good.

ok, I'll ask someone when Celebrity actually makes the announcement, to add a new thread titled: "The New Celebrity Captains Club is Really Here!".

Then we can all go read a thread with the actual info. Not trashing this thread, but it would be good to have a headsup when it happens.

But of course, someone will immediately start a thread with that title, and I'll ask someone to start a new thread titled "The New Celebrity Captains Club is Really, Really Here" when Celebrity does make the announcement, but then someone will.......

Den

Edited by Denny01

ok, I'll ask someone when Celebrity actually makes the announcement, to add a new thread titled: "The New Celebrity Captains Club is Really Here!".

Then we can all go read a thread with the actual info. Not trashing this thread, but it would be good to have a headsup when it happens.

But of course, someone will immediately start a thread with that title, and I'll ask someone to start a new thread titled "The New Celebrity Captains Club is Really, Really Here" when Celebrity does make the announcement, but then someone will.......

Den

How true! Also, there should be a thread entitled "Complain Here About the New Captain's Club Benefits"

Hi Everyone,

We are having a great time on Eclipse. While it seems that we will finally be learning the Captains Club details, I've heard absolutely nothing through my Celebrity contacts, nor onboard. We've waited this long, so I'm not going to worry if it takes another few days, or a bit longer.

Whatever is ahead, I'm hopeful that we will be pleased.

Hi Everyone,

We are having a great time on Eclipse. While it seems that we will finally be learning the Captains Club details, I've heard absolutely nothing through my Celebrity contacts, nor onboard. We've waited this long, so I'm not going to worry if it takes another few days, or a bit longer.

Whatever is ahead, I'm hopeful that we will be pleased.

Nicely said Andy! Enjoy each moment of your cruise. Mom and set sail on December 1st on the Silhouette!

Walter