New Royal Caribbean commercial-What you think of it?

I like the new commercial too…also think it's much better than that Nation of Why Not nonsense!:rolleyes:

But my all time favorite RC commercial was that old one (6-7 or so years ago?) that played the old 70's tune, Iggy Pop's Lust for Life. That drumbeat made you look up and WATCH the commercial, and the music was great. (I think David Bowie wrote it?) That music just made me want to BOOK A CRUISE! Like RIGHT NOW.:p

I suspect the reason they stopped using the Iggy Pop song is that, while the music itself and the beat and tempo of the music is just great, Iggy Pop's lyrics are pretty dreadful for a family oriented cruise line…all about drugs and booze and the hard driving life of a heroin addict. RC changed the lyrics in the old commercial, but I bet they still took some flack for using that song!

Still…I miss it! It was effective - at least with me! - because ever since that old commercial, anytime I hear Lust for Life I think of cruising.;)

I agree I like it better than the NAtion of Why Not, at the end though it said 'No one does the CARIBBEAN like Royal. I assume this was featuring mostly their Caribbean destinations, although much of the images could be on any other destiantion...still like it!!

Edited by leinhto